Thoughts on UFC 300 so far?

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screenshot-20240117-131950.png

Main event hasn't been announced yet. Edwards Vs Muhammed is what has been circulating but that seems a little too weak to headline this card. Although I wouldn't be mad if it's the fight they made since the card overall is looking pretty damn stacked to me.

What do you think Sherbros?

It truly depends on the Headliner.
If it can somehow have a solid superfight, It COULD live up to the hype.
There aren't many options for a superfight tbh. Izzy is out I believe. It can't be Conor, he's fighting in July.

Khamzat Vs the main event winner this weekend maybe?

O'Malley?

There aren't many legit big draws outside of Jones or Izzy. But O'Malley would be a good option. Nate is done.

Last edited:
Very good undercard, missing a main event obviously. Not sure any realistic main event will end up living to the massive standards people have placed upon it. But if it’s not the massive headliner but they still they add 1-2 more title fights, you’re looking at a very strong card.

There aren't many options for a superfight tbh. Izzy is out I believe. It can't be Conor, he's fighting in July.

Khamzat Vs the main event winner this weekend maybe?

O'Malley?

I only view Jones and Izzy as being big draws currently. But O'Malley would be a good option. Nate is done.
I still think Tom vs Alex is the only one that they can put up it'd have some interest level and sell it as a double champ fight between LHW and HW champs.

I still think Tom vs Alex is the only one that they can put up it'd have some interest level and sell it as a double champ fight between LHW and HW champs.
Good suggestion. That would be a good push for Aspinal and a good storyline for Pereira.

But the HW interim title situation is a problem. They need to figure that shit out.

Still shaping up to be an average to above average PPV card. 299 is arguably still better at this point. Still a few more slots to fill, so maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat. But, the viable options are getting fewer and fewer.

My thoughts are I wish we could stop talking about it in every second thread until the thing is completely booked. There’s at least 4 fights not listed yet including the ME. It’s still 3 months away, ffs.

It’s pretty obvious who in here did not see 100, or 200 in real time. So this is their first Centennial card. And they can’t stop talking about it. The noobs do this shit all the time. That’s why every new champ is the GOAT these days. These people desperately want something that belongs to them.

I really thought they would pull something interesting off with this card. None of the fights are particularely intriguing so far, none of the fights are fights that fans asked for.
I hope we still get a true main-event, no way Belal headlines UFC 300.

UFC 299 is far more interesting to me, so far.

It's already better than 200. 100 was carried by the top 3 fights, drops way off after that.
Yeah, 100 had a fantastic top of card but the undercard was very forgettable.

200 had the depth but fell apart. Nunes/Tate as the main event. Brock in a one off, an interim title fight, and Cormier vs. a past his prime Silva on short notice.

We’ll have to see how it shakes out but it’s probably going to be better than 200. 100 probably won’t be topped as far as the top of the card but will be beaten on depth.

Last edited:
My thoughts are I wish we could stop talking about it in every second thread until the thing is completely booked. There’s at least 4 fights not listed yet including the ME. It’s still 3 months away, ffs.

It’s pretty obvious who in here did not see 100, or 200 in real time. So this is their first Centennial card. And they can’t stop talking about it. The noobs do this shit all the time. That’s why every new champ is the GOAT these days. These people desperately want something that belongs to them.

Jones vs Cormier wasn't announced for 200 until 2 months before the event. Brock wasn't announced until 1 month before 200. I was there, we didnt have this level of bitching and complaining 4 months out. 300 is already a better card than 200 and they still haven't announced the main event.

It's gonna be okay, buddy.

iu

What? UFC 200 fucking sucked LOL. Even with Jones and Cormier, that card was overhyped trash
Everything ufc is overhyped.
That card had Jones, Cormier, Brock , hunt, the spider, Cain.

Two solid heavyweight fights. Jose Aldo The wmma card they make is watch wasn't as bad as usual with Nunes.

Back