The Battle for Florida

Seems like the media is attacking Desantis for using the word "monkey" as a "racial dog whistle."

Gillum is interviewed on Fox News and he expands on his policies and his values. Specifically he mentions how he will pay for his policies by raising the corporate tax rate in Florida from 5.25% to somewhere around the 7% range. This, according to Gillum, will create over $1billion dollars in funds for education.

Do you know what last year's corporate tax dollar amount was?

that desantis ad........i dont even.....

Primaries were just held in Florida to determine numerous political appointments (Governor, Congressmen, Judges, etc). The most important of these positions is the position of Governor. Florida is notorious for being a Conservative stronghold, but it might not be for much longer.
Really? I thought most people realize it's a swing state. It's neither a conservative or liberal stronghold. While Trump won the state in 2016, I think the overall trends are for the state to get bluer...

Wow imagine if Florida and Georgia get black governors. Would be history in the making for this country.

This is what makes America great!!
A politician's ethnicity is what makes America great? What a strange world you live in.

There's going to be a shitstorm if that asshole tries to suddenly implement a state income tax.

A politician's ethnicity is what makes America great? What a strange world you live in.

There's going to be a shitstorm if that asshole tries to suddenly implement a state income tax.

Not what I said at all. Also lol at your use of the term “ethnicity” as ethnicity isn’t race

The idea that 2 African Americans can become Governors of 2 southern slave states is what makes this country great. Let’s not get things twisted

Do you know what last year's corporate tax dollar amount was?

Gillum claims it was at 5.5% in Florida, but I haven't checked.

Really? I thought most people realize it's a swing state. It's neither a conservative or liberal stronghold. While Trump won the state in 2016, I think the overall trends are for the state to get bluer...

It's been a conservative stronghold in the Governors mansion for the past 20 years. It's going to get more blue, but the issue is how blue and by when.

Gillum claims it was at 5.5% in Florida, but I haven't checked.

It's been a conservative stronghold in the Governors mansion for the past 20 years. It's going to get more blue, but the issue is how blue and by when.
No, the dollar amount, as in, how much money did the corporate taxes provide for Florida?

That would make checking Gillum's math pretty easy. We need to know how much money they brought in with the existing rate so we can predict with some degree of accuracy how much more money the higher rate would bring in.

No, the dollar amount, as in, how much money did the corporate taxes provide for Florida?

That would make checking Gillum's math pretty easy. We need to know how much money they brought in with the existing rate so we can predict with some degree of accuracy how much more money the higher rate would bring in.

I'm going to look for it. Seems like Gillum is really trying to push for improving public education.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives...te-taxes-to-provide-1b-more-for-public-school

"Gillum’s plan calls for an increase in the corporate income tax rate on large corporations to 7.75 percent, contending that few of them are paying taxes now, and those that do pay only pay 5.5 percent. Given the $6.2 billion he said Florida corporations are saving through the federal tax cuts, he is calling the increase “Fair Share for Florida’s Future,” echoing the “Fair Share Tax Program” plan put forth in 1970 when then-U. S. Sen. Reubin Askew ran for governor.

Gillum’s plan would call for adding at least $100 million into the Public Education Capital Outlay Fund for public schools construction; at least $400 million to pay raises for public school teachers; at least $250 million in early childhood education programs; and at least $100 million for vocational training."

I'm going to look for it. Seems like Gillum is really trying to push for improving public education.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives...te-taxes-to-provide-1b-more-for-public-school

"Gillum’s plan calls for an increase in the corporate income tax rate on large corporations to 7.75 percent, contending that few of them are paying taxes now, and those that do pay only pay 5.5 percent. Given the $6.2 billion he said Florida corporations are saving through the federal tax cuts, he is calling the increase “Fair Share for Florida’s Future,” echoing the “Fair Share Tax Program” plan put forth in 1970 when then-U. S. Sen. Reubin Askew ran for governor.

Gillum’s plan would call for adding at least $100 million into the Public Education Capital Outlay Fund for public schools construction; at least $400 million to pay raises for public school teachers; at least $250 million in early childhood education programs; and at least $100 million for vocational training."
Sounds good to me. God knows that Florida needs to improve its public education.

Destantis seems like a dildo. Hope he gets wrecked

The overall trend for everywhere is getting bluer.

DeSantis is a complete fucking scumbag lmao

Florida better not go full Florida and elect that piece of shit. There is zero chance he lasts an entire term. Guaranteed his wife is getting BLACKED and hes taking it in the ass from a tranny. Probably at the same time

The $50,000 minimum salary for teachers is an amazing proposition. Invest in our kids and the people who play the 2nd biggest role on their lives.

Let's not monkey this up, guys.

Oh, I didn't mean that as a racist term!

- DeSantis

Helluva way to start the race
run+fail-nonstarter.gif

Pretty sure the folks who were already planning on voting for Desantis aren't going to be too bothered by the connotations of what he said. He'll just blame the "librul media" for "mischaracterizing" him, if he hasn't done so already.

Wasn’t santis double digits down before Trump endorsed him and he ended up winning by double digits? 100k+ more votes than the blue wave

Back