The Battle for Florida

Andrew Gillum in Florida, Beto O'Rourke in Texas.

The Cultural Marxisms have invaded the south as well.

I saw that Gillum received funds from Soros and I'm waiting with bated breath to hear what Fox News says about that.

It's quite amazing, I don't think I've ever seen another human being so deeply embedded themselves into the overall human psyche.

It doesn't matter what the headline is, someone will find some way to relate it to President Trump.

I wonder how many on the left are aware of the fact that they're doing the President's work for him.

Trump is directly involved in this race, because he knows his 2020 reelection depends on it. He's heavily favoring Desantis and Desantis himself made a campaign video where he shows his admiration for Trump. The President is pretty much campaigning for reelection while grooming a gubernatorial candidate so he can be sympathetic to his policies. Why do you have an issue with him being criticized during Floridas Gubernatorial election after all the influence he's investing in it?

Lol be a proud savage like I am and go back and run for tribal leader you wuss!

Fuck that, not worth it in my tribe..

Better off running for Council then being the Gov.

The Leader in my tribe is basically like the Queen of England... Just there for looks with no real power.

Now Council... That's where the real power is. And I'm not old enough yet, and yet I have more experience in government, school and legal then anyone on counil..

Its still ran the old way where I'm from, where you get elected based on how much farm land & cattle you own.. basically farmers running the local government...

It's weird times we live in my friend..

Fuck that, not worth it in my tribe..

Better off running for Council then being the Gov.

The Leader in my tribe is basically like the Queen of England... Just there for looks with no real power.

Now Council... That's where the real power is. And I'm not old enough yet, and yet I have more experience in government, school and legal then anyone on counil..

Its still ran the old way where I'm from, where you get elected based on how much farm land & cattle you own.. basically farmers running the local government...

It's weird times we live in my friend..

I feel you. Same as in Cuba. The President is a figurehead and the real power is in the Assembly of Popular Power. How old do you have to be to be in a position on the council?

It seems very similar to the way it works throughout the States since landowners/owners of industries or their representatives usually run for power, but on a much larger scale.

seeing as he scraped by the primary, I don't see him taking FL as a Progressive

but I don't live there or really even know people there, so what do I know

Who was a better candidate than Gillum? All Desantis has for him is Trump

I think Graham would beat Desantis by 3-4 percentage points. Considering Florida's political make-up, she seemed much better suited as a general election candidate. She has also shown to be a moderate Dem, so Desantis wouldn't even know how to attack her.

It's much easier to attack a progressive Dem in Florida, and tie Gillum to unpopular people and policies. Gillum will be a very hard sell to the large number of centrist Florida voters. Curious to see if he can do it. Desantis is definitely unlikable enough to make people listen to what Gillum has to offer.

I feel you. Same as in Cuba. The President is a figurehead and the real power is in the Assembly of Popular Power. How old do you have to be to be in a position on the council?

It seems very similar to the way it works throughout the States since landowners/owners of industries or their representatives usually run for power, but on a much larger scale.

I kid, I'm old enough to run if I felt like it.. I don't have our constitution in front of me but it is something like 35y.

I just joke around about it because there is no way anyone takes anybody under 50 seriously around my rez.. it's interesting to watch from the sidelines because this is probably the last dacade of the old gaurd.

It has already started, we have some young bloods creeping in to tribal political positions and the old gaurd is pretty uncomfortable with the change coming.

Everyone in Council and Gov is around 65+ right now. But in about ten years it will be flipped to around 40+.

I think Graham would beat Desantis by 3-4 percentage points. Considering Florida's political make-up, she seemed much better suited as a general election candidate. She has also shown to be a moderate Dem, so Desantis wouldn't even know how to attack her.

It's much easier to attack a progressive Dem in Florida, and tie Gillum to unpopular people and policies. Gillum will be a very hard sell to the large number of centrist Florida voters. Curious to see if he can do it. Desantis is definitely unlikable enough to make people listen to what Gillum has to offer.

Florida has a very mixed population and being black can help him mobilize a lot of minority voters. Being from Miami and being Mayor of Tallahassee has given Gillum the rare chance to tap into both Tallahassee and Miami political organizations to get funding and local support. I think he can get the win in November, but like you said its going to be a hard sell given how conservative the state can be. Hopefully he keeps saying the right things, travels around the entire state, and gets support from local politicians and the media.

Desantis looks a much better candidate. I am confident that he will win.
And make the libtards cry hard.<GinJuice>

I kid, I'm old enough to run if I felt like it.. I don't have our constitution in front of me but it is something like 35y.

I just joke around about it because there is no way anyone takes anybody under 50 seriously around my rez.. it's interesting to watch from the sidelines because this is probably the last dacade of the old gaurd.

It has already started, we have some young bloods creeping in to tribal political positions and the old gaurd is pretty uncomfortable with the change coming.

Everyone in Council and Gov is around 65+ right now. But in about ten years it will be flipped to around 40+.

That also seems to be the trend across the United States...most young people don't give a shit about politics and only the 50+ people are politically engaged. The future seems a lot more technologically centered and those who are privy to that, which are the youth at this point, will be in command.

What policies will Desantis champion that will win him the election? What makes him a better candidate?

If we're being honest, the last two mainstream democratic candidates lost to Rick Scott anyway, so at worst gambling on Gillum produces the same results.

I think Gillum might inspire a larger % of the minority vote which is probably a better strategy overall (trying to get a higher turnout rather than change minds- which just hasn't ever worked in Florida).

All things aside, I had visions of Gwen Graham getting Hillaryed anyway. It doesn't even matter if they were completely different people. The superficial similarities would lead to a lot of voters, democratic and republican, just dismissing her because she's a mainstream political dynasty middle-aged non-overly-attractive white woman. The democrats would be bored and the republicans would be angry. If there was a year to take a gamble on a more progressive candidate, this was it.

Personally, I liked Chris King though, and I think an election season between him and DeSantis would have been interesting. but I knew he had little to no shot at all.

He's a complete shit candidate who couldn't run a 711, but that literally doesn't matter in Florida. Rick Scott won twice.

He's a complete shit candidate who couldn't run a 711, but that literally doesn't matter in Florida. Rick Scott won twice.
Why is he a shit candidate? Its because he is white and love Trump? Wich policies makes him bad?

What policies will Desantis champion that will win him the election? What makes him a better candidate?
If he replies everything that Trump does, makes him a much better candidate than everyone else.

That also seems to be the trend across the United States...most young people don't give a shit about politics and only the 50+ people are politically engaged. The future seems a lot more technologically centered and those who are privy to that, which are the youth at this point, will be in command.

Bingo...

Like I said it is interesting now to see how my local government is in the midst of changing from agriculture to commercial/tech..

It is interesting to discuss these things with them and the older community of things to come. Like I said my tribe is coming to the end of the old gaurd as we speak. A lot of the elders who hold high positions are from the post WW2, Korea era. Where alot of them only got as far as HS or even if that only like 9th-10th grade.

They only ended up in political appointed areas because the tribes had to change and adopt governments. So they were farmers that learned politics on the job.

But now my generation and a few older are the first that really went to school and universities to learn how governments work, or should work. So we are ready to jump in now, but like I said. It is still ran by the elders.

So we have to slowly come in and explain how things are going to change with technology and it freaks them out, so they are holding on as long as possible but age will catch up in the coming decade..

Why is he a shit candidate? Its because he is white and love Trump? Wich policies makes him bad?

He has no policies other than agreeing with Trump and Florida needs a lot of work right now that has nothing to do with any of Trump's policies. It's a terrible state with few industries because the education level is so shitty that no educated industries ever materialize with or without the sweetheart tax deals they are provided, and one of the major industries- Citrus- has majorly declined because of Scott's shit environmental policies.

Back