Straight up.. Can Israel Adesanya beat Jones?

No, and anyone that thinks he can is an idiot. There are weight classes for a reason.

Well, it would should if a world-class kickboxer can neutralize the “oblique” kick he spams for once...cause if that stifles Izzy for any reason, Jon beats him standing LoL.

Straight up.. Can Israel Adesanya beat Jones?

Sure, Santos almost beat Jones so I would say Izzy def has a shot

Will he? I wouldn't count on it

If the fight is today; JJ takes Izzy down and hellbows him to a finish; but if Izzy beats Romero and Costa we might have a different beast on our hands

If Adesanya beats Romero convincingly, he poses a real threat to Bones, sadly Bones is getting old and has a lot of miles on him. While on the other hand, Adesanya is fresh(but he has had a lot of kickboxing matches).
you said a lot but also didn't really say anything

Izzy is not the one to dethrone Bones

As a matter of fact... nobody is. Maybe in a couple more years as he declines

Everyone is looking past Reyes! It would be a hell of a fight. Be interesting to see Israel's takedown defense. Likely Jones but Reyes will ko him.

because people like the ones on sherdog will say he ducked his division and yoel and cannonier and "why don't champions defend their titles?" "why does winning the middleweight title get you a LHW title shot" "the ufc is dying" "this hurts the legitimacy of the sport" so on and so forth
No that’s not the reason sorry buddeh

Izzy is a much better striker and would probably light jon up for a little while but there is no way izzy would stop bones from a eventual take down and bones would fuck him up. I will say that bones is never afraid to face someone at their strengths and would certainly test himself on the feet.

If he can keep it standing absolutely. He is a far better striker than Jones and he has showed he has the heart to go thru adversity.

Keeping it a stand up fight is going to be difficult though cause Jones has a distinct strength and grappling advantage

No he won't beat Jones

Jones is huge guy can grapple all day

Izzy was getting tagged by Gastelum and he was in trouble . Gastelum is a very small guy compared to Jones. Gastelum is an oversized welterweight very good hands but Gastelum faded in last round .

Jones will take him down in the centre of the ring slam him on his head go side control and pound him . Jones can take Izzy into deep water his Isnt strong enough to out muscle Jones and Jones won't stand there and give Izzy a kickboxing fight

When people talk about Jones and Izzy they forget that Jones will grapple will take him down and smash him .

I think Izzy will panic on the ground while Jones is elbowing him

You can say all you want about Jones last couple of fights but he beat who they put in front of him .

Last edited:
I like his chances against Jones.

I think he loses to Costa.

The Romero fight is a toss up.

Back