Straight up.. Can Israel Adesanya beat Jones?

Costa isn't a sloppy striker. Why do people keep saying this dumb shit?

No he won't beat Jones

Jones is huge guy can grapple all day

Izzy was getting tagged by Gastelum and he was in trouble . Gastelum is a very small guy compared to Jones oversized welterweight very good hands but Hastelum faded in last round .

Jones will take him down in the centre of the ring slam him on his head go side control and pound him . Jones can take Izzy into deep water his Isnt strong enough to out muscle Jones and Jones won't stand there and give Izzy a kickboxing fight

When people talk about Jones and Izzy they forget that Jones will grapple will take him down and smash him .

I think Izzy will panic on the ground while Jones is elbowing him

You can say all you want about Jones last couple of fights but he beat who they put in front of him .
No such thing as an "oversized x weight" and being shorter is an advantage in MMA

I think he does personally, he’s too crisp of a striker to just get pointed out by Jons kicks and spinning shit.

I think Jon is smart enough to know that his advantage in wrestling must be used, however, Izzy has great TDD, cause remember when he was badly rocked by Kelvins headkick in the 4th round and Kelvin went for a takedown and Izzy defended well.

Basically a fresh Izzy can keep the range and crush Jon...just an opinion that might change depending on his next performance.

I don't think so. The grappling is not a question when the difference is more than 20lbs in muscle. Jon gets him down the fight is over and Adesanya gets stopped.

Listen, I didn't think Adesanya was all that. I thought Kelvin would beat him, but Izzy won. He beat Whittaker too. Now all is left is Costa and Romero. I have no doubt in my mind that this fool is going to game plan a 5 round win, but end up taking it in 2 against Costa, (cuz he's a sloppy striker) and Romero in 5 (timid as fuck).

Jones on the other hand.. Seems like most people say that Jones would wrestle fuck Adesanya.. but I mean Jones fights in people's strength. Does it sound like Jones would spam takedowns?

If he was losing the striking exchange the answer to that would be yes. He would shift game plans.

BUT.

Is Izzy strong enough to defend takedowns from Jones? Idk. Has there been anyone that seriously challenged Izzy in the grappling exchange?

According to Izzy himself: “Everyone’s tried to take me down at some point. I stuff their takedowns, put my balls on the back of their head and then I get back up and fuck them up.”

Is jones ready for Izzy's balls on his head?
I wrestled my freshman year. I never did like the part where my balls were on the dudes head when stuffing a takedown. Coach also taught us the butt gouge move, can't remember the name but it is very common technique. Stuck with it for a year but was tired of all that crap. There was a chick in there and practiced on her one time. You know she was loving it that everyone was laying their junk all over her. Too bad she didn't look good.

Jones destroys him, not even close and anyone suggesting otherwise is insane.

If Jones tries to strike with him he's playing with fire and will struggle. But on the flip side if Jones gets a hold of him, does anyone think he can really stop the rag dolling that will follow? If Jones can rag doll DC he'll do the same to Isreal.

We will have to see how he does against Romero. If he beats him and than Costa, than maybe we can talk about Jones.

Listen, I didn't think Adesanya was all that. I thought Kelvin would beat him, but Izzy won. He beat Whittaker too. Now all is left is Costa and Romero. I have no doubt in my mind that this fool is going to game plan a 5 round win, but end up taking it in 2 against Costa, (cuz he's a sloppy striker) and Romero in 5 (timid as fuck).

Jones on the other hand.. Seems like most people say that Jones would wrestle fuck Adesanya.. but I mean Jones fights in people's strength. Does it sound like Jones would spam takedowns?

If he was losing the striking exchange the answer to that would be yes. He would shift game plans.

BUT.

Is Izzy strong enough to defend takedowns from Jones? Idk. Has there been anyone that seriously challenged Izzy in the grappling exchange?

According to Izzy himself: “Everyone’s tried to take me down at some point. I stuff their takedowns, put my balls on the back of their head and then I get back up and fuck them up.”

Is jones ready for Izzy's balls on his head?
No

Only way he wins is by making it a point fight.

Keep it his distance and basically just point strike for 5 rounds. Similar to what Machida did for the early to mid point of his career. Not exciting or damaging but effective in winning rounds.

No.

Jones is too big and too good of a grappler.
People saying this reminds me of people who say Aldo has amazing leg kicks. The current version of themselves are nothing like what they once were.

I think it might be a little closer than people think but I still see jones overpowering him with his wrestling. I mean fuck, can guys defend a little more than a couple times before we talk about this huge fights? it cheapens the impact of them. now it's such a common ting.

adesanya hasn't been fed any wrestlers so no

In a straight kickboxing match yes

In MMA no. He had a life and death struggle with fatty Kelvin but somehow he's going to beat jon?

Jones would absolutely wreck Izzy. He wouldn't even have to take him down, he could just rough him up in the clinch, and knee his body into bolivian. He'd pin him against the cage, and just elbow, and knee him to death to an easy UD.

if he were able to keep it on the feet, yes it's very likely.

Back