Straight up.. Can Israel Adesanya beat Jones?

I think he does personally, he’s too crisp of a striker to just get pointed out by Jons kicks and spinning shit.

I think Jon is smart enough to know that his advantage in wrestling must be used, however, Izzy has great TDD, cause remember when he was badly rocked by Kelvins headkick in the 4th round and Kelvin went for a takedown and Izzy defended well.

Basically a fresh Izzy can keep the range and crush Jon...just an opinion that might change depending on his next performance.
Its one thing saying he stopped kelvins takedowns and another thing stopping jones. Theres prob 30 pounds difference between kelvin and jon on fight night. Another thing , jones in the clinch , takedowns , top game is on a different planet to kelvin. Oh and if jones gets izzy down , izzy isnt standing up again the rest of the round.

Yes. But only if Jones chooses to play Izzy's game. We have soon Jones do this before and "struggle." Jones is the one who can control where the fight goes against ANYONE at LHW...but sometimes he chooses not to.

Jones’ striking would look so bad vs Izzy. Not sure he’d have an easy time taking him down either.
Im not sure I can agree with you. Izzy is a very very good striker. Jones might not really have that one punch ko power but damn he ruins people. Elbows, obliques, front kicks. He just throws people way out of their comfort zone. Izzy realises right now he has absolutely nothing for jones and theres a reason he wants to wait because he sees jones regressing (ps thats his only hope)

Too tall? They're both 6'4", and Jones has only a 4" advantage, which ain't shit considering the disparity in their striking
Ya I guess so but Jones uses his reach really well and i think he will be much stronger then Adesanya

Ya I guess so but Jones uses his reach really well and i think he will be much stronger then Adesanya
He uses his reach really well against the horrible strikers he fights that are tall, or really short guys with insanely smaller reach. If Gus and Silva tagged him up, imagine what Israel could do. His striking is LEAGUES above theirs.

The only question is, can he stop the shot? He's athletic as hell and learns fast so I wouldn't be surprised if he was capable of doing so.

He uses his reach well and is a better striker than Jones, he only gives away 4 and a half inches of reach. Jones might try and beat him standing to prove a point which may be a bad strategy, but Izzy's TD defence has so far held up.

In summary he could beat him yes, and I think he's going to wait 1 to 2 years to fight him and hope he's on the decline. If they fought now my money is on Jones though.

He uses his reach really well against the horrible strikers he fights that are tall, or really short guys with insanely smaller reach. If Gus and Silva tagged him up, imagine what Israel could do. His striking is LEAGUES above theirs.
His striking is not league's above Silva and Gus lol. Silva is past his prime and still did well. Jones wins

Yes and I watch him have a very close fight with a guy who used to fight at 170. No way he beats Jones

unfortunately no, jones is to big
Regardless of how he does against Yoel, this is a huge factor. Izzy will have a big height and reach advantage against Yoel that he won’t against Jones. I think Izzy will be able to potentially get away with things against Yoel that he won’t be able to agains Jones due to different types of leverage.

His striking is not league's above Silva and Gus lol. Silva is past his prime and still did well. Jones wins

Israel very clearly let silva go to decision

Watch the fight again. Israel woulditerally stun him and then just stand there

Well you’re correct in what you’re saying Israel does want to defend. But I’m correct also, Israel stated in an interview he doesn’t want to face Jon too early, needs more experience and wants Jon to decline (shocking but true. Good move imo)
Can’t find the interview right now but I’ll keep looking
you don't need to convince me that he doesnt want to fight jones too early but that's not the same has "I dont want to fight jones" or "I'm never going to fight jones" which is what you were implying

my guess is no for now, but may need to see after he hits 40

Israel very clearly let silva go to decision

Watch the fight again. Israel woulditerally stun him and then just stand there
I did watch it and he beat an old man Silva. He barely beat Kelvin. Now he is beating Jones? Hahaha

Listen, I didn't think Adesanya was all that. I thought Kelvin would beat him, but Izzy won. He beat Whittaker too. Now all is left is Costa and Romero. I have no doubt in my mind that this fool is going to game plan a 5 round win, but end up taking it in 2 against Costa, (cuz he's a sloppy striker) and Romero in 5 (timid as fuck).

Jones on the other hand.. Seems like most people say that Jones would wrestle fuck Adesanya.. but I mean Jones fights in people's strength. Does it sound like Jones would spam takedowns?

If he was losing the striking exchange the answer to that would be yes. He would shift game plans.

BUT.

Is Izzy strong enough to defend takedowns from Jones? Idk. Has there been anyone that seriously challenged Izzy in the grappling exchange?

According to Izzy himself: “Everyone’s tried to take me down at some point. I stuff their takedowns, put my balls on the back of their head and then I get back up and fuck them up.”

Is jones ready for Izzy's balls on his head?
Jones by whatever he wants

Back