Straight up.. Can Israel Adesanya beat Jones?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Listen, I didn't think Adesanya was all that. I thought Kelvin would beat him, but Izzy won. He beat Whittaker too. Now all is left is Costa and Romero. I have no doubt in my mind that this fool is going to game plan a 5 round win, but end up taking it in 2 against Costa, (cuz he's a sloppy striker) and Romero in 5 (timid as fuck).

Jones on the other hand.. Seems like most people say that Jones would wrestle fuck Adesanya.. but I mean Jones fights in people's strength. Does it sound like Jones would spam takedowns?

If he was losing the striking exchange the answer to that would be yes. He would shift game plans.

BUT.

Is Izzy strong enough to defend takedowns from Jones? Idk. Has there been anyone that seriously challenged Izzy in the grappling exchange?

According to Izzy himself: “Everyone’s tried to take me down at some point. I stuff their takedowns, put my balls on the back of their head and then I get back up and fuck them up.”

Is jones ready for Izzy's balls on his head?

No.

Jones is too big and too good of a grappler.

He should be able to do it standing but I doubt he can stop the takedown.

If Adesanya beats Romero convincingly, he poses a real threat to Bones, sadly Bones is getting old and has a lot of miles on him. While on the other hand, Adesanya is fresh(but he has had a lot of kickboxing matches).

The only scenario I could see Izzy winning in is if Jones tries to win by kickboxing, injures a knee or ankle early in round 1, loses mobility and chases Izzy around for 5 rounds to lose a close decision.

Listen, I didn't think Adesanya was all that. I thought Kelvin would beat him, but Izzy won. He beat Whittaker too. Now all is left is Costa and Romero. I have no doubt in my mind that this fool is going to game plan a 5 round win, but end up taking it in 2 against Costa, (cuz he's a sloppy striker) and Romero in 5 (timid as fuck).

Jones on the other hand.. Seems like most people say that Jones would wrestle fuck Adesanya.. but I mean Jones fights in people's strength. Does it sound like Jones would spam takedowns?

If he was losing the striking exchange the answer to that would be yes. He would shift game plans.

BUT.

Is Izzy strong enough to defend takedowns from Jones? Idk. Has there been anyone that seriously challenged Izzy in the grappling exchange?

According to Izzy himself: “Everyone’s tried to take me down at some point. I stuff their takedowns, put my balls on the back of their head and then I get back up and fuck them up.”

Is jones ready for Izzy's balls on his head?

Cannonier is another possible challenger

Bones Laden hates Israel

YS1JWXl.jpg

Is Israel is so confident in beating jones why is he going to wait a couple years?

I think Jones would get beat up on the feet for like a round untill he just takes him and beats him with vicious gnp.

If Adesanya beats Romero convincingly, he poses a real threat to Bones, sadly Bones is getting old and has a lot of miles on him. While on the other hand, Adesanya is fresh(but he has had a lot of kickboxing matches).

Jones is one year older than Izzy and has far fewer overall fights and taken far less damage (e.g. Jones’ chin has never been cracked). Any fight version of Jones finishes any version of Izzy. This isn’t even a close call.

@Wrapup
I'm not saying he would beat Bones. I'm saying that if he beats Romero convincingly, then it is not going to be a mauling. Also, Jon has been a champion for like 8 years+. That takes a lot out of you. GSP retired because of the pressure. 1 championship fight != 1 kick boxing match.

Jones by being more skilled everywhere and bigger/stronger.

If jones decides to do what he did against stantos, that might be enough opportunity for isreal to capitalize

If it stays standing, Israel beats the hell out of Jones

Back