Some Baseball Players Who Should be in the Hall of Fame

Baseball Reference has a ranking system where points are awarded based on accomplishments that tend to get you in the HOF. There are about 55 post-1900 starting pitchers in the HOF. Of course, the Big Train is ranked number 1.
In the ranking system, Schilling is 27 and Mussina is 28 so they both should get in.
Drysdale is 49.
Koufax is 87 which shows that the system measures career rather than peak performance.
Ryan is 31.
Lowest recent admittee is Catfish Hunter at 165 (behind Morris, Matlack and Stottlemyre).
Lowest admittee is Jesse Haines at 302 - behind Alex Fernandez, Ken Raffensberger and Doug Drabek and just ahead of Joe Nuxhall.
So all sorts of marginal players have managed to get in. I could put together a team of the worst players in the HOF and they probably wouldn't have a winning record.
Drysdale is solidly qualified to get in but he is way behind people like Johnson, Alexander, Mathieson, Seaver, Lefty Grove, Maddux, Hubbell, Carlton. He is not arguably the best ever at his position.

Hodges would have gained more experience and had better stats if he didn't miss out on those seasons.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hodgegi01.shtml
One of many players whose career stats were screwed by WW2. Others are DiMaggio, Feller, Spahn, Greenberg (missed 4 full years). Then you have all the African American players who got a late start in the majors due to the color barrier. Paige, Irvin, Robbie, and others who missed out entirely. I am not sure how you factor in "might have beens" if there hadn't been injuries - Herb Score, Tony Oliva, Thurman Munson, Chapman.

Schilling > Mussina
lol, i started to write something about mussina but changed my mind. i guess i didnt erase it all. thats a tough call. in my hall, neither gets in. however, i would also lean schilling based on him having big moments in big games

Baseball Reference has a ranking system where points are awarded based on accomplishments that tend to get you in the HOF. There are about 55 post-1900 starting pitchers in the HOF. Of course, the Big Train is ranked number 1.
In the ranking system, Schilling is 27 and Mussina is 28 so they both should get in.
Drysdale is 49.
Koufax is 87 which shows that the system measures career rather than peak performance.
Ryan is 31.
Lowest recent admittee is Catfish Hunter at 165 (behind Morris, Matlack and Stottlemyre).
Lowest admittee is Jesse Haines at 302 - behind Alex Fernandez, Ken Raffensberger and Doug Drabek and just ahead of Joe Nuxhall.
So all sorts of marginal players have managed to get in. I could put together a team of the worst players in the HOF and they probably wouldn't have a winning record.
Drysdale is solidly qualified to get in but he is way behind people like Johnson, Alexander, Mathieson, Seaver, Lefty Grove, Maddux, Hubbell, Carlton. He is not arguably the best ever at his position.
that basically backs up what i say then. though it is ridiculous thatttkoufax is behind drysdale. koufax, for 5 years at least, you could make an argument was the best of all time.

it takes a special player to makeit when they really only played 9 seasons where they played a lot. and koufax meets it. someone like joe wood is the absolute shortest i think a pitcher could go to be considered.

i think a hitter could do it with 7 amazing seasons if they were to break the home run record and hit .300 the entire time as well.

hunter doesnt make it if his name is bob hunter. a lot of those old guys are only in because frankie frisch lobbied for them

lol, i started to write something about mussina but changed my mind. i guess i didnt erase it all. thats a tough call. in my hall, neither gets in. however, i would also lean schilling based on him having big moments in big games

I'm obviously biased but Schilling was a Cy runner up 3 times behind Randy Johnson having 2 monster seasons and Santana.

There was one year in Philly where Schilling was 15 - 14 with 15 complete games.... the dude only get a win when he went the full 9 innings lol

And his postseason stats are up there with the best of them. He was the Yankee killer.

That World series with him and Randy Johnson was nuts... he started 3 out of 7 games.... absolute monster

good hitter
okay fielder
good #s when everyone was juicing
total shithead to media
all-around piece of shit

HAHAHA...Fuck that cheater. When they create the tainted cheaters section maybe.

Just says he got injured.

I wasn't saying it would say he got blackballed but when you read what people thoughthink of him you could imply it.

In 2001, following his retirement, the New York Daily News' columnist Bill Madden wrote:

"Sorry, there'll be no words of sympathy here for Albert Belle. He was a surly jerk before he got hurt and now he's a hurt surly jerk....He was no credit to the game. Belle's boorish behavior should be remembered by every member of the Baseball Writers' Association when it comes time to consider him for the Hall of Fame."[11]

He was obviously black balled by the writers when it came to the mvp and the Hoffman.

And when you look at the stats of his last season it's evident he was still a quality player so I always thought nobody wanted him due to personality.

Maybe that's not considered blackballed to some but the guy could still played and was obviously robbed of an MVP and a shot at getting into the HOF.

People that had a vote back than should be considered cowards for being button hurt pussies over him not doing interviews

HAHAHA...Fuck that cheater. When they create the tainted cheaters section maybe.
problem with that is that as long as you cant tell who did and who didnt, its tough to leave people out who did. are you 1000% sure frank thomas didnt? or griffey jr? or piazza? you cant be. they might just be better at masking it. so it is really hard to keep some out while letting others in because they were better at cheating. so imo, bonds, sosa, clemens, etc. all go in

Bonds did not get caught using clear? His jawbone grew 5 inches. Banned

Yes a dick and way I type. Yes I ban all that got caught cheating. Don't need the new rules to get caught. I will treat all of them on a individual case. I don't need to be publicly correct. Double standards are no problem.

Yes a dick and way I type. Yes I ban all that got caught cheating. Don't need the new rules to get caught. I will treat all of them on a individual case. I don't need to be publicly correct. Double standards are no problem.
well that must really piss you off about Piazza getting in then. Hopefully he is the only steroid user that got in

Jack Morris, Alan Trammell, and Lou Whisker. The first two not being in make teh baseball HOF an arbitrary joke. Morris 100% should be in, Trammell 100% should be in, Lou Whitaker has a strong case. HOF is garbage. I'm a baseball addict, and I'llnever fkngo there. I literally could gaf less about it. It sucks lol

Don't make personal comments next time if you can't handle them back. As long as you learned your lesson.

Back