Some Baseball Players Who Should be in the Hall of Fame

I like the fact that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens aren't in the HOF. They are such exceptional players that they stand on their own. It makes me cringe when pompous hypocritical do-gooder voters that made a living off of a dirty game tell me that Ken Griffey JR/Mike Piazza/Etc are natty and clean as a whistle and Barry Bonds/Roger Clemens/Etc are drug users. No, the game was/is dirty as fuck and as far as I'm concerned, the Hall of Fame doesn't deserve phenomenal players like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Alex Rodriguez.

If you say one more accusatory statement about the great Ken Griffey Jr, I will hunt you down and sweet swing a bat upside your god damn head.

tumblr_mgv4x7Fl991renuivo1_500.gif

I think this makes sense. Battling averages were inflated in the 1930's and ERAs were very very low prior to 1920 and we don't let players from those eras in without looking at the CONTEXT in which their performance took place. So 500 home runs should no longer be an absolute guarantee of admission to the HOF in an era in which 40 homers a year was commonplace.

I see you're point, but 40 homers a season for 12-13 seasons is pretty god damn good

I think Luminaire from Sherdog should be in. He played D-1 baseball after all

I just came back to reiterate "If you don't like Ken Griffey Jr then fuck you"

Fred mcgriff
He's in the most famous (infamous?) baseball commercial of all time!.

He and Belle should be in. They were 2 of my favorites and couldn't be more different.

Tim Raines
he has to be one of the top 2 or 3 ridiculous omissions (taking away suspected steroids cheats). unfortunately he played most of his best years in montreal, and he was also overshadowed by ricky henderson who did everything just a little bit better.

i would almost like to make an argument for dwight gooden. he was such a phenom for such a short time. unfortunately he couldnt stay sober, so his career numbers were good but not great. but for 5 years he was the most talked about guy on the mound

Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Tim Raines

In that order

Last edited:
Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Tim Raines

In that order

Larry walker was great for 1-2 seasons. Really good for a couple and then slightly above average for the rest. Not really HOF worthy imo.

Tony Gwynn. He should be in the hall of fame.

Thankfully he is.

<mma4>

I'd say Keith Hernandez. Arguably the best defensive 1st baseman of all-time. Won a batting title and MVP. All-time mustache. There was even a rule change because of the way he played first base. Great color man during Met games and was on Seinfeld.

Screen-shot-2012-09-07-at-9.16.51-AM.png

Cons: not enough power numbers for a 1st baseman, bad relationship with media (hall of fame voters).

I'd say Keith Hernandez. Arguably the best defensive 1st baseman of all-time. Won a batting title and MVP. All-time mustache. There was even a rule change because of the way he played first base. Great color man during Met games and was on Seinfeld.

Cons: not enough power numbers for a 1st baseman, bad relationship with media (hall of fame voters).

Also - appeared on Seinfeld. He should probably go in.

Babe Ruth should be in the hall of fame IMO. H's arguably the best baseball player of all time.

Babe Ruth should be in the hall of fame IMO. H's arguably the best baseball player of all time.

There may be some confusion here. When we say a player is "in" the Hall of Fame, we do not necessarily imply that his body is physically located int the building. If that was what we meant, then tourists visiting the Hall of Fame would be "in" the Hall of Fame for the duration of their visits. What we mean is that a player is "in" the Hall of Fame if he has been admitted by the ruling committee. In this sense, Babe Ruth is in.

There may be some confusion here. When we say a player is "in" the Hall of Fame, we do not necessarily imply that his body is physically located int the building. If that was what we meant, then tourists visiting the Hall of Fame would be "in" the Hall of Fame for the duration of their visits. What we mean is that a player is "in" the Hall of Fame if he has been admitted by the ruling committee. In this sense, Babe Ruth is in.
I didn't say he wasn't in. Just that he should be. JMO.

I didn't say he wasn't in. Just that he should be. JMO.

Got it. He should be in. No argument.
It might be interesting to identify some people who are in but who shouldn't be in.

Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Tim Raines

In that order
Larry walker was great for 1-2 seasons. Really good for a couple and then slightly above average for the rest. Not really HOF worthy imo.

Walker was a 5 time All Star and a 7 time Gold Glove winner. Although I would be ok with replacing Walker with Keith Hernandez.

Keith Hernandez probably ends up in a Tim Raines like situation where he is good enough to get in the HOF, but never gets in. What a shame.

Back