Some Baseball Players Who Should be in the Hall of Fame

There are many intangibles that go into HOF consideration.
1. Several outstanding post-season performances help. Gibson and Brock would get in the HOF anyhow but their great World Series performances put icing on the cake. This factor should cut in favor of Munson and Morris.
2. Being a douchebag doesn't help - people like Cobb and Ted Williams are so obviously qualified that it has no effect on them. On the other hand, a guy like Dave Kingman - who I don't think is qualified but who I do think would have more support if he was a "nice guy" - is hurt by the DB factor.
3. It helps to play on a great team - if you take two pitchers and one of them wins 20 games year after year for a pennant winning team but doesn't really have that great an ERA and doesn't improve the team's winning percentage - he will have a better shot at the HOF than a pitcher for a shitty team who has a better ERA.
4. The evaluation process has a lot of problems evaluating fielding and determining how much weight to put on it. Mazeroski and probably Ozzie Smith got in with their gloves; others were helped. Ted Simmons hasn't gotten in because he was viewed as a weak catcher. How much less offensive performance should we tolerate from a third baseman in comparison with a right fielder? No one really knows.
5. It helps to play in New York.
6. It helps to be a hitter at a time when hitters dominate (the 1930's),

Tons of different ways to judge people and everyone has their own vote. People will never agree so it is up to each person with their vote. The two guys I know that have a vote wont vote for the cheaters right now. Maybe down the road they will.

There are many intangibles that go into HOF consideration.
1. Several outstanding post-season performances help. Gibson and Brock would get in the HOF anyhow but their great World Series performances put icing on the cake. This factor should cut in favor of Munson and Morris.
2. Being a douchebag doesn't help - people like Cobb and Ted Williams are so obviously qualified that it has no effect on them. On the other hand, a guy like Dave Kingman - who I don't think is qualified but who I do think would have more support if he was a "nice guy" - is hurt by the DB factor.
3. It helps to play on a great team - if you take two pitchers and one of them wins 20 games year after year for a pennant winning team but doesn't really have that great an ERA and doesn't improve the team's winning percentage - he will have a better shot at the HOF than a pitcher for a shitty team who has a better ERA.
4. The evaluation process has a lot of problems evaluating fielding and determining how much weight to put on it. Mazeroski and probably Ozzie Smith got in with their gloves; others were helped. Ted Simmons hasn't gotten in because he was viewed as a weak catcher. How much less offensive performance should we tolerate from a third baseman in comparison with a right fielder? No one really knows.
5. It helps to play in New York.
6. It helps to be a hitter at a time when hitters dominate (the 1930's),

Popularity and what you do for the game outside of baseball matters as well.. See Ozzie Smith.

i wasnt trying to make personal comments. i can handle them fine. i just thought i was having an actual converstation not stupid shit you are pulling. its alright, plenty of adults to talk to in here
"I am not sure if you are being a dick"...That is being a dick and making it personal instead on the topic child.

Oil Can Boyd.

Was effective when coked up.

Jose Canseco should be in, but will never get in. I think he should get in for being a whistleblower, along with his stats. We must never forget that he said everyone was juicing and everyone called him insane, crazy, attention-seeking. etc. He was 100% correct and never gets the credit.

Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player of all time and should be in. I have said it on here before, but I believe Barry Bonds knowingly took steroids and did it on purpose to make a mockery of the game. He saw far, far lesser players such as Sosa and McGwire getting all the credit, and wanted to show baseball what could be done if a true legend went on steroids.

I also believe he got on steroids quite late. If he started early like others he'd probably have 900 homers.

I like the fact that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens aren't in the HOF. They are such exceptional players that they stand on their own. It makes me cringe when pompous hypocritical do-gooder voters that made a living off of a dirty game tell me that Ken Griffey JR/Mike Piazza/Etc are natty and clean as a whistle and Barry Bonds/Roger Clemens/Etc are drug users. No, the game was/is dirty as fuck and as far as I'm concerned, the Hall of Fame doesn't deserve phenomenal players like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Alex Rodriguez.

The Roid issue is a terrible dilemma. My guess is that the wall was gradually crack (it may have cracked a bit already) and they will all ultimately get in but I could be wrong.

IMO everyone was jouncing so that shouldn't stop people from getting in.

At he same time it increased some peoples counting stats (along with smaller parks) so people shouldn't get in for milestones that got players from the past in.

Bonds and Clemens are no brainers but Rafael Palmeiro is a piece of shit that should stay out. only 4 AS appearances.

He has more HRs than Schmidt but never lead the league in HRs. Schmidt lead the league 8 times....

At he same time it increased some peoples counting stats (along with smaller parks) so people shouldn't get in for milestones that got players from the past in.

Bonds and Clemens are no brainers but Rafael Palmeiro is a piece of shit that should stay out. only 4 AS appearances.

He has more HRs than Schmidt but never lead the league in HRs. Schmidt lead the league 8 times....

I think this makes sense. Battling averages were inflated in the 1930's and ERAs were very very low prior to 1920 and we don't let players from those eras in without looking at the CONTEXT in which their performance took place. So 500 home runs should no longer be an absolute guarantee of admission to the HOF in an era in which 40 homers a year was commonplace.

Plus Schmidt was a GG multiple times at third base and is probably the GOAT third baseman in the sport.

John Franco? Dude didn't have the stuff like Rivera and Hoffman but got it done many times

Edgar Martinez. If MLB is going to allow a dumb fake position like the DH then they should count it as a real position.

Edgar Martinez. If MLB is going to allow a dumb fake position like the DH then they should count it as a real position.
Another guy whose performance must be viewed in the context of the time in which he played and it is a real question whether he stands out enough from the crowd to get into the HOF.

As far as Hall of Fame voting goes with the veteran committee they need to stop voting on pre-integration era every three years. If you haven't played in 70 some odd years and still not in the HOF chances are you don't deserve to go in.

Back