Some Baseball Players Who Should be in the Hall of Fame

Barry Bonds is the only player in the 500/500 club and was 500/400 before the supposed steroids. The HOF is an absolute joke until hes in

This takes us back to the steroid issue. I think that all or most of the "steroid suspects" will ultimately get in to the extent their numbers justify it. But I don't think Bonds will be the first guy to breach the defensive perimeter. Once it is breached, het will cross home plate without drawing a throw.

Steve sax and tony armas were snubbed

I don't think so. On the Baseball Reference data site, they rank players based on factors leading to HOF admission. Among second baseman, Sax ranks 76th - behind Davey Johnson, Bobby Avila and Phil Garner. The top second baseman in the rankings who are not in the HOF are Lou Whitaker (13th) and Willie Randolph (17th).
Tony Armas ranks 143rd among left fielders behind Bernie Carbo, Rueben Sierra and Jeff Burroughs. The top left fielders not already in are Larry Walker (1oth), Shoeless Joe Jackson (13th), Dwight Evans (15th) and Reggie Smith (17th).
Whitaker, Evans and Walker should probably go in. Jackson also depending on how you feel about his very limited role in the Black Sox scandal.

José Canseco. His book had a bigger influence on MLB than any player did in the past 20 years.

Back