Slept all day and just saw the results...(WHY did Volk take this fight?!)

I would have also taken a million$ payout with a half ass effort for 11 days leading up to the event. No weight cut no camp to waste money on. Straight up profit.

how is that an excuse? it's a fact, what happened, an order of event. also, no one cares about your homo fantasies. you're projecting.
If it happened in the championship round yes but not a first round KO, Volk was blocking but that kick was pinpoint. Whatevs, it’s not a fact it’s just our opinions.

If it happened in the championship round yes but not a first round KO, Volk was blocking but that kick was pinpoint. Whatevs, it’s not a fact it’s just our opinions.
this isn't a running match. fight camp training also entails timing, reads, distance, defense, repetitions of range, not just cardio. you don't know wtf you're talking about. volk got off the couch, didn't have any fight camp training at all.

this isn't a running match. fight camp training also entails timing, reads, distance, defense, repetitions of range, not just cardio. you don't know wtf you're talking about. volk got off the couch, didn't have any fight camp training at all.
Cry me a river. I know what I’m talking about. Get a life and take a break from watching mma loser lol

Lol. Definitely not generational money from UFC.
saudis took care of that
volk himself said it, it was an easy decision because he only cares about his kids and the newborn and nothing else
it was the money for sure

Cry me a river. I know what I’m talking about. Get a life and take a break from watching mma loser lol
clearly you dont, since that is your observation. take your meds.

I didn't like that he accepted and as soon as the fight started I facepalmed after seeing what kind of shape he was in.

People forget these guys are prize fighters. They fight primarily for a salary and hope they make enough to look after the next generation in their family. Volkanovski now has great contract, would have got a huge bump from Dana for accepting the fight. He is doing this for his family not for himself.

I didn't like that he accepted and as soon as the fight started I facepalmed after seeing what kind of shape he was in.
He honestly looked dead at the walkout. But when the fight started it was appalling. Live odds should have been Islam +2,000.

islam had a full fight camp. he beat a featherweight, coming of off the couch, literally. that's hilarious you think it's some crowning achievement.

You've got a solid point about the lack of fight camp, but the whole "he's a featherweight!" bullshit really falls apart once you get into the specifics.

Per Volk's own words over the last year or two, the guy weighs 170 or so in the cage (he used to weigh in the high 160s earlier in his UFC career), while Islam usually has a cage weight of no more than 175 , and sometimes reported aa in the lower 170s.

Volk is an average LW by cage weight mass, and a MASSIVE featherweight. Good for him, he's an amazing weight cutter (which is a skill and physical ability that varies greatly between fighters).

Whining about a difference of 2 - 5 lbs is hilarious, since that's fucking standard in any fight between people in the same weight class. When you say "but Volk is a featherweight!", those that's the cage weight difference you're making such a big deal about. Lol

Also, as a stylistic matchup for Islam, Volk not only had the longer reach, but his short stumpy legs attached to that LW torso gave him a wrestling advantage thanks to the much lower center of gravity (Volk's skills and strength were also major factors, but if you kept those attributes exactly the same but made his legs 5 inches longer, he'd've been much less effective).

Last edited:
You've got a solid point about the lack of fight camp, but the whole "he's a featherweight!" bullshit really falls apart once you get into the specifics.

Per Volk's own words over the last year or two, the guy weighs 170 or so in the cage (he used to weigh in the high 160s earlier in his UFC career), while Islam usually has a cage weight of no more than 175 , and sometimes reported aa in the lower 170s.

Volk is an average LW by cage weight mass, and a MASSIVE featherweight. Good for him, he's an amazing weight cutter (which is a skill and physical ability that varies greatly between fighters).

Whining about a difference of 2 - 5 lbs is hilarious, since that's fucking standard in any fight between people in the same weight class. When you say "but Volk is a featherweight!", those that's the cage weight difference you're making such a big deal about. Lol
volk is a featherweight

...who weighs 170+ in the cage.

You going to repeat the same shit again like a brain dead parrot, or are you going to explain why I or anyone else should give a shit about a 2 - 5 lbs difference?
volk is a featherweight. islam is a lightweight. volk came in on short notice. no fight camp. you can say whatever you want, rationalize things however you want. these are the undeniable facts. enjoy your win over a featherweight off the couch, chump. i really dont care. volk got smashed, thats exactly what was going to happen, it was a short notice fight, and in the end, means fuck all.

volk is a featherweight. islam is a lightweight.

Holy shit, you did repeat the same thing like a brain dead parrot. Let me help you:

Volk is a FW with a reported cage weight of 170+ (even during FW matches over the last year or two.

Islam is a LW with a reported cage weight of 172 - 175.

You keep ignoring the numbers because whining about a weight difference of 5 lbs or less makes you look like a fool, and also because you're a bad faith troll who doesn't care about actual facts.

People forget these guys are prize fighters. They fight primarily for a salary and hope they make enough to look after the next generation in their family. Volkanovski now has great contract, would have got a huge bump from Dana for accepting the fight. He is doing this for his family not for himself.
People think fighters rankings are more important than a paycheck, hellllll no. Volk knows he only has a few years left

Every fight can be your last one, especially as champion. This might have been Volks last chance at a rematch with Islam for the title.

Holy shit, you did repeat the same thing like a brain dead parrot. Let me help you:

Volk is a FW with a reported cage weight of 170+ (even during FW matches over the last year or two.

Islam is a LW with a reported cage weight of 172 - 175.

You keep ignoring the numbers because whining about a weight difference of 5 lbs or less makes you look like a fool, and also because you're a bad faith troll who doesn't care about actual facts.
bah hambug dude, you're way too invested on fucking pounds which isn't even the issue. volk is a featherweight. the bigger issue, is the lack of fight camp. volk didn't have time to prepare, like islam did. end of story.

Back