Slept all day and just saw the results...(WHY did Volk take this fight?!)

War Volk
Islam is a chump. He would never go up an weight class on short notice in a title fight. Chicken shit

Cry me a river. I know what I’m talking about. Get a life and take a break from watching mma loser lol

No you don't know at all. Volk got off the couch, didn't have any fight camp training at all.

bah hambug dude, you're way too invested on fucking pounds which isn't even the issue. volk is a featherweight.

LOL, you're the one making a big deal out of a 170 lbs featherweight being 2 - 5 lbs lighter than a 172 - 175 lbs lightweight.

Just admit you were either ignorant of their cage weights and thought Volk was much snaller than he actually is, or you were making a garbage point to troll.

Gaethje weighed as much as Volk for most of his LW career before bulking up a bit in the last year or two, and I'm pretty sure LWs like Fiziev and Gamrot weigh a little less in the high 160s.

the bigger issue, is the lack of fight camp. volk didn't have time to prepare, like islam did. end of story.

I already said that was a good point, but let's be clear, Islam exploited a hole in Volk's defenses that was already there in their last fight.

A lot of analysts like Jack Slack and even Mighty Mouse pointed it out before Saturday when rewatching the first fight (and Jack Slack has been saying it for years).

That's the exact kick/defensive hole that got Volk knocked out in his previous loss, and it's something Holloway (weaker than Islam) dropped Volk with in their second fight but didn't have the power to finish him with. It's a flaw Volk never significantly fixed.

Islam and AKA made the adjustments and came in with a much more southpaw kick heavy approach, and they almost certainly would have landed that kick whether Volk was fully trained or not.

LOL, you're the one making a big deal out of a 170 lbs featherweight being 2 - 5 lbs lighter than a 172 - 175 lbs lightweight.

Just admit you were either ignorant of their cage weights and thought Volk was much snaller than he actually is, or you were making a garbage point to troll.

Gaethje weighed as much as Volk for most of his LW career before bulking up a bit in the last year or two, and I'm pretty sure LW like Fiziev and Gamrot weigh a little less.

I already said that was a good point, but let's be clear, Islam exploited a hole in Volk's defenses that was already there in their last fight.

A lot of analysts like Jack Slack and even Mighty Mouse pointed it out before Saturday when rewatching the first fight (and Jack Slack has been saying it for years).

That's the exact kick/defensive hole that got Volk knocked out in his previous loss, and it's something Holloway (weaker than Islam) dropped Volk with in their second fight.

Islam and AKA made the adjustments and came in with a much more southpaw kick heavy approach, and they almost certainly would have landed that kick whether Volk was fully trained or not.
he exploited it though, because volk wasn't able to prepare. lol. you think volk goes in with a full fight camp and doesn't prepare for what nearly everyone was calling out? he wasn't able to train, that's not the real volk, thats 10 day notice volk. not the same fighter. at all.

bah hambug dude, you're way too invested on fucking pounds which isn't even the issue. volk is a featherweight. the bigger issue, is the lack of fight camp. volk didn't have time to prepare, like islam did. end of story.
the issue is he shouldt have let islam kick him in the head. none of this would have happened if not for that .. he needs to work on getting his hands on a time machine and avoid getting headkicked and hes back in the game

he exploited it though, because volk wasn't able to prepare. lol. you think volk goes in with a full fight camp and doesn't prepare for what nearly everyone was calling out?

Lol, he hasn't fixed it in like 10 years!

His first loss came from that kick, years later Max caught him with it and dropped him (the only thing that saved Volk was Max's lack of power), and then the holes were there in the first Islam fight (but Islam threw very little head kicks, being exhausted from the incomplete rehydration).

The idea that Volk was finally going to fix it within a single training camp after a decade of not fixing it is hilarious.

Islam made the adjustments with Team AKA and that's the most significant factor in the win.

Volk is now owned by the uae.

filthy money.

the issue is he shouldt have let islam kick him in the head. none of this would have happened if not for that .. he needs to work on getting his hands on a time machine and avoid getting headkicked and hes back in the game
ridiculous how people are really going to pretend that was the same volk

Lol, he hasn't fixed it in like 10 years!

His first loss came from that kick, years later Max caught him with it and dropped him (the only thing that saved Volk was Max's lack of power), and then the holes were there in the first Islam fight (but Islam threw very little head kicks, being exhausted from the incomplete rehydration).

The idea that Volk was finally going to fix it within a single training camp after a decade of not fixing it is hilarious.

Islam made the adjustments with Team AKA and that's the most significant factor in the win.
fans really be here, pretending like that was a prime volk. where only one challenger had a fight camp. that is ridiculous, but you're entitled to your opinion. i'm of the belief that if volk actually ya know, trained, that it would have been a legitimate fight. if the tables were turned, and volk beat islam, where islam had 10 day notice, and volk had a full fight camp, i would never consider that the real islam, a real title fight, at all. it's wolf tickets, pure fake hype. legitimate in NAME only. but to each his own.

ridiculous how people are really going to pretend that was the same volk

If Islam had out-conditioned him, or caught him with stuff that Volk typically didn't get caught with, you'd have a point.

That's not what happened.

What happened was that Volk had the same southpaw kicking defensive holes he ALWAYS has, and Islam changed his strategy to spam southpaw kicks while threatening the grappling.

Since Volk hadn't fixed these holes in 10 ENTIRE YEARS, you're in fantasy land if you think Volk would have suddenly fixed them in a single camp.

If Islam had out-conditioned him, or caught him with stuff that Volk typically didn't get caught with, you'd have a point.

That's not what happened.

What happened was that Volk had the same southpaw kicking defensive holes he ALWAYS has, and Islam changed his strategy to spam southpaw kicks while threatening the grappling.
it's not a running match. one guy didnt train? LOL. if volk had a full fight camp and islam only had 10 days, i wouldnt sit here, pretending, make believing, that that was a legitimate islam fighter. makes no sense.

it's not a running match. one guy didnt train? LOL. if volk had a full fight camp and islam only had 10 days, i wouldnt sit here, pretending, make believing, that that was a legitimate islam fighter. makes no sense.

That doesn't address the actual points.

Islam exploited a hole that Volk hasn't fixed in an entire decade, despite a dozen full training camps since his first head kick KO loss, and despite Max dropping him with the same.

The method of the loss has absolutely nothing to do with Volk's lack of camp.

War Volk
Islam is a chump. He would never go up an weight class on short notice in a title fight. Chicken shit

Probably cause he's smart enough not to. I commend Volk for doing it but he threw away the rematch , any chance of the LW title for a while , got brutally K.O'd and ended up in tears at the presser. You can cry bravery all you want but it was a pretty daft decision to take it. Hope he got paid very, very well

That doesn't address the actual points.

Islam exploited a hole that Volk hasn't fixed on an entire decade, despite a dozen full training camps since his first head kick KO loss, and despite Max dropping him with the same.

The method of the loss has absolutely nothing to do with Volk's lack of camp.
hard to fix something when ya didnt train

hard to fix something when ya didnt train

He had a decade to fix it. He literally had at least 13 full training camps (if not more) since that hole was first exploited and he got knocked the fuck out the first time. He had every motivation to make sure it never happened again over the next 10 years.

And yet he never fixed it, or maybe couldn't. He had a close call with Max as a warning from the MMA gods, and still didn't or couldn't fix it.

But sure, man, Volk totally would have fixed it in a single training camp this time.

He had a decade to fix it. He literally had at least 13 full training camps since that hole was first exploited (if not more) and he got knocked the fuck out the first time. He had every motivation to make sure it never happened again.

And yet he never fixed it, or maybe couldn't.

But sure, man, Volk totally would have fixed it in a single training camp this time.
a real training camp, would have helped with everything. timing, defense, reads, repetitions, range, understanding, outcomes, etc. bottom line, one guy trained, one guy couldnt. and youre acting like its a legitimate win. if volk had a full fight camp, and islam had 10 days notice, and volk won by KO round one, i wouldnt pretend like that was the real islam, like that was a legitimate title fight, like that was real. because it wasnt. instead, i would troll, mock islam fans, talk shit, but deep down i would know, deep down, that it wasnt a legitmate title fight. and thats what it was. one guy trained, one guy couldnt. one guy had his timing, one guy didnt. one guy was confident, one guy was literally walking in the door, only enough time to make weight. its a farce.

When they hand you 2-3million for 11 days prep and a fight, you take it.

Plus he already lost to islam so losing again isn't a big deal.

a real training camp, would have helped with everything. timing, defense, reads, repetitions, range, understanding, outcomes, etc.

Except 10 years of training camps never fixed that particular defensive flaw, despite being repeatedly caught with southpaw head and body kicking.

You're coping real hard to avoid admitting that Volk was clearly incapable of closing that hole.

Back