Slept all day and just saw the results...(WHY did Volk take this fight?!)

Volk probably figured he knew enough about Islam in the 5 rounds they fought previously, so all he had to do on 11 days notice was make weight and maybe work on his timing.
There is also the likelihood, had he not taken this fight it would have been another couple of years until he fought for the 155 strap again. This was Volk's chance to bypass all of that.

He took a risk and he lost.

I imagine a couple million dollars helped sweeten the deal too. lol

You can't move up a class against a world beater on 11 days notice.

Islam was right...he only did it for the money.

What a disappointment. This fight could've been an all time great like the first one if Volk didn't stupidly take it on short notice.

WTF man.
Get a job hippie

What a disappointment. This fight could've been an all time great like the first one if Volk didn't stupidly take it on short notice.

WTF man.
Seriously though I hear what you're saying but it was still better than the current alternative

Dana loves guys who just fight whenever he tells them to

Volk was able to negotiate a new contract before the fight and can make serious money back down at FW for years to come

yes he got smashed but who cares about legacy when you have money

For the cash. I hope it was worth it for him.

to do what with? lose another clear decision? this was his best chance, to catch islam lacking. unfortunately it turned out to be him who got got.
The lacking comment makes zero sense.

pro athlete doing what? sucking dick? listen dude, volk had no fight camp. to pretend that a change in opponent, from oliveiera, to one who is shorter, has less reach, has less striking advantage, who had 10 day notice, is disingenuous, and a total joke. islam had a full fight camp. he beat a featherweight, coming of off the couch, literally. that's hilarious you think it's some crowning achievement. it's a short notice fight. he beat a featherweight on short notice, where he had a full fight camp, cardio, endurance, TIMING, etc. you're a moron and a noob. 100%. to pretendd like that was the same volk out there, go fuck yourself. what double champ title fight is legit, where ONLY ONE GUY TRAINED FOR IT? pro athlete for a decade, shut the fuck up. you're ass can't even discern what makes a fight a real fight. noob.

<{you!}>

All the glory, still gets to keep his own belt.

WTF man.

Money was worth it

When they money is near Fuck you-money level, the Legacy goes out the window

<{nope}>He fought and beat a manlet from 2 weight classes below.

Volkanovski is 10x more gangster than Diaz, he actually went up a weight class against a much more dangerous fighter.
Diaz actually won though and Volk lost twice . More of a wangster than gangster.

Diaz actually won though and Volk lost twice . More of a wangster than gangster.

<BidenShutIt>

Volkanovski by the end of his career might be considered the greatest 145lber ever, Nate Diaz will be remembered for getting beat by Jake Paul in what Diaz was suppose amazing at.

{<BJPeen}

You've been humiliating yourself crying like a bitch in every thread and scrambling for pathetic excuses like you're his girlfriend. It would be sad enough if the fighter himself was the one making the excuses, but it's just pathetic when it's some dork on a karate forum making excuses on his behalf, and declare yourself an authority because you pay men to roll on the floor with you after your shift at McDonald's. Volk is not going to be your boyfriend, loser, get over it and go find a therapist.

Maybe he wouldn't have a meltdown if you were able to use that brain of yours... if you cant see that Volk was at a clear disadvantage you shouldn't be discussing this sport yet, go watch some more fights and learn brother

WTF man.
giphy.gif

<BidenShutIt>

Volkanovski by the end of his career might be considered the greatest 145lber ever, Nate Diaz will be remembered for getting beat by Jake Paul in what Diaz was suppose amazing at.
Diaz beat the greatest 145er and went up in weight to do it. Volk goes up in weight and has to get cleaned up!

Would i take a fight with someone two weight-classes higher than me on a short notice if i was offered money that would secure my childrens future?

YES

It must've been generational money.

Can't fault him for that.

But man, this really took him out of potential GOAT talks.

You HAVE to prepare heavily when you're already at a disadvantage.

But MAYBE he wasn't confident even with a full camp.

It was $1.01mn base. IDK the final figure.
He got destroyed and it will damage the longevity of his career.

WTF man.

I knew this before the fight he got a new contract got paid for this one. Was always going to be a mistake. Volkanovski had a great camp for the first fight but this one basically just showed up no way was he in shape.

Back