Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Shamima Begum...

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by KeepItRealist, Feb 14, 2019.

1. moosaev Black Belt

Nah i'm just not blinded by emotion here. Anything to do with ISIS and Islamism and some westerners just lose all sense of perspective.

2. Whippy McGee Meme Master

I find that opinion valid as well. Giving her a free pass is clearly out of the question.

dezzy likes this.
  3. Sticko Brown Belt

Watch the documentary. It's called The Return: Life After ISIS).

I can't speak to whatever was said in past interviews but all the women are extremely regretful. They know they screwed up. Begum says she felt pressured to say certain things in past interviews because she was afraid of other people in the camp.

If she still doesn't sound "remorseful" enough to you it could be because she herself is a victim and not a perpetrator.

As far as sending the children home without the mothers, they touch on that in the documentary as well. The Kurdish refugee camp where they are being held cannot accept that. They refuse to separate the mothers and children.

Ayin likes this.
  4. Err Brown Belt

I can’t help but feel a little bit if sympathy and pity for her. She made a horrible choice at 15 and I don’t think that makes her irredeemable. It’s a tough situation.

Ayin and moosaev like this.
  5. Yehudim Black Belt

Goes perfectly with your avatar

*BREATHES IN*
    It’s a tough one man

Err likes this.
  6. Bald1 War Room Can

The only valid perspective is fuck these people. Seems you're the one losing sight of that. Get your head straight. The number one victims of these lunatics are Muslims, so why the quibbling? These fucks would have you subjugated because you're not a true Muslim according to their warped view of your faith.

dezzy likes this.
  7. Sticko Brown Belt

ICHEERTHEBULL likes this.
  8. Sticko Brown Belt

"Participate in terrorism" by doing what?

9. moosaev Black Belt

I'm all for killing every ISIS bastard on Earth,... if I had it in my power I'd do that in a heartbeat. But I don't consider her a true ideogically committed ISIS member. She was 15 for God's sake. She got duped into going to what she thought was a perfect society because she was a dumb child with an undeveloped brain. She was then used as a sex toy for 3-4 years. Anyone who thinks she should be treated the same as Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi is simply overly emotional and not thinking straight.

Sticko likes this.
  10. ICHEERTHEBULL Black Belt

Sticko likes this.
  11. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

Eh... I don't see this as much different than joining the Nazi's in Germany and then trying to come back after you lose the war, renounce Hitler and say you never hated GB. I don't know that I would support bringing her back and becoming financially responsible for her court case and subsequent punishment just for the sake of it.

15 years old = underdeveloped and shouldn't be held too accountable for joining ISIS
    18 years old = sign up for war and go kill for your country

If she wants brownie points for not murdering someone at the will of ISIS but joined their organization knowing that's what they did, I don't think I'll be doing any baking any time soon.

12. Rob Battisti HR for HR

“Lied to about what it would have been like”

did they lie about wanting to kill infidels? No? Ok then fuck her.

dezzy likes this.
  13. Bald1 War Room Can

How does one get duped into joining ISIS? Their media campaign was inescapable and they were denounced by Muslims everywhere the same as the Westboro lunatics by Christians.

I know this isn't in your weelhouse but I'm sure you've heard of the story of the two mothers and Solomon. The fact many of these mothers would rather use their kids as leverage instead of giving them up so they'd have an opportunity of a better future speaks volumes about their character. Same as in Kings 3:16 (or whatever).

14. moosaev Black Belt

Yes they actually did lie about that

15. moosaev Black Belt

Mothers are biologically hard coded to want to stay with and protect their children. Asking them to willingly separate from their babies is like asking them to cut off a limb. It's a tall ask.

16. dezzy Red Belt

i suppose downplaying bad behaviour just comes as second nature when your religion's founder shags six year olds

{<shrug}

Staph infection likes this.
  17. Bald1 War Room Can

Two of my best friends were adopted at birth and I know a few women who gave up their first born. And none of those kids faced the prospect of growing up in a 3rd world detention center. Now you can question their mothers life choices, but those mothers did right by those kids ultimately.

18. moosaev Black Belt

That doesn't mean their decision came easily. And being stuck in a 3rd world detention center i'd imagine would make the decision harder not easier.

19. mjfan23 Gold Belt

Yes- it’s their basic right as citizens

but- they need to return straight to a psych facility and or jail

20. Bald1 War Room Can

I completely disagree with this statement. They went and joined the ranks of an enemy state. No different then defecting to The Soviet Union 60 years ago. Just because their caliphate turned out to be a failure that doesn't negate their choice. Stateless by their own choices.