Shamima Begum...

I feel that the child should returned to the extended family in the UK, the mother can fend for herself.

So you want the kid to be likely subsidized by the British taxpayers raised by the same people who raised her? That doesn't seem scary to you?

Britain and USA are allowed to bomb civilians, surely they can bomb this terrorist?

As an Englishman...

Most Muslims that I have met have been decent, polite and respectful.

However...

If she and others like her are allowed back into this country, this will be a betrayal to the British people.

As an Englishman...

My experience too. And then once they have significant demographics, they vote for people like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Or people like Sadiq Khan and Rushnara Ali in the UK.

So you want the kid to be likely subsidized by the British taxpayers raised by the same people who raised her? That doesn't seem scary to you?

I guess I would need more information on the extended family, but I know that young women sometimes go overboard and rebel against their families; her actions might not be representative of the way she was raised. If her home life was the cause of her becoming an ISIS bride, I obviously would not be on board with giving that child to her family.

As an Englishman...

However...

If she and others like her are allowed back into this country, this will be a betrayal to the British people.
Allowing such people to return is also a betrayal to the majority of peaceful, well integrated Muslims who would rather not live alongside psychotic fanatics.

Let her back in, take the baby and put it up for adoption, and prosecute her for joining a terrorist organization. And also for using her sister's passport.

I like this compromise. What would the expected sentencing be?

Why is she in a refugee camp? She joined a terrorist organization. Her husband surrendered to the SDF. She should be arrested and handed over to the SDF as well.

I like this compromise. What would the expected sentencing be?
I wouldn't exactly know and if people just want to keep her out I get that too.

Last edited:
Nope, they willing betrayed their home country and supported terrorism.
They made their bed, and now they have to lie in it.

If they "willingly joined" like this one did? No.

Many of them were taken by force from their homes. That is a different story. That would be saving them from what is basically sexual slavery and are the kind we WANT to take because they are the ones that would use the freedom of western civilization to SPEAK OUT against the extremist side of Islam.

I guess I would need more information on the extended family, but I know that young women sometimes go overboard and rebel against their families; her actions might not be representative of the way she was raised. If her home life was the cause of her becoming an ISIS bride, I obviously would not be on board with giving that child to her family.

Her family and the others pretended like they were shocked by her decision and they had no knowledge of what she was doing and totally condemned it and disowned her. Also said they had no contact with them after they left. Now all these families are fighting for their ISIS daughters and their ISIS babies to come home. They are obviously liars. When you see her sister wearing her hijab and begging for her ISIS sister to be allowed to come back after they claimed they disowned her, you know the real story.

Last edited:

So, she’s talking about returning to the UK in order to face the justice system, whatever that entails, and vehemently denies all the accusations, for what it’s worth.

So, she’s talking about returning to the UK in order to face the justice system, whatever that entails, and vehemently denies all the accusations, for what it’s worth.
She should never be allowed back into the UK. She is just an incubator for terrorists.

She should never be allowed back into the UK. She is just an incubator for terrorists.
Shamima Begum should absolutely be allowed to return to the UK.

It is a violation of international law to strip someone of their citizenship if doing so renders them stateless. The UK claims Begum is Bangladeshi, but this is not true. She does not have Bangladeshi citizenship and she is not welcome in Bangladesh.

What is the legal basis for stripping Begum of her citizenship?

Begum was recently featured in a documentary, The Return: Life After ISIS, along with several other women from Western countries who joined ISIS and are currently being held at the same refugee camp in Kurdish Syria. She describes how she was brainwashed into joining ISIS and how she was lied to about what it was going to be like. She says that in previous interviews she felt pressured into saying certain things because she was afraid of other people in the camp.

From a humanitarian perspective, Begum has suffered tremendously. She joined ISIS at 14 or 15 years old and was almost immediately forced to marry. She had 3 children while still a teenager and in the chaos of war all 3 of them have passed away from illness and a lack of food and clean water and medical care.

As a teenage girl and a newly practicing Muslim who doesn't even speak Arabic, there is no reason to think Begum participated in any terrorist acts.

Whatever criminal charges there may be, if any, Begum should face them in Britain.

It is a violation of international law to strip someone of their citizenship if doing so renders them stateless. The UK claims Begum is Bangladeshi, but this is not true. She does not have Bangladeshi citizenship and she is not welcome in Bangladesh.

Begum was recently featured in a documentary, The Return: Life After ISIS, along with several other women from Western countries who joined ISIS and are currently being held at the same refugee camp in Kurdish Syria. She describes how she was brainwashed into joining ISIS and how she was lied to about what it was going to be like. She says that in previous interviews she felt pressured into saying certain things because she was afraid of other people in the camp.

From a humanitarian perspective, Begum has suffered tremendously. She joined ISIS at 14 or 15 years old and was almost immediately forced to marry. She had 3 children while still a teenager and in the chaos of war all 3 of them have passed away from illness and a lack of food and clean water and medical care.

As a teenage girl and a newly practicing Muslim who doesn't even speak Arabic, there is no reason to think Begum participated in any terrorist acts.

Whatever criminal charges there may be, if any, Begum should face them in Britain.

I'm almost sure she won't be allowed back, she's the poster child against going abroad to join extremist causes.

I'm almost sure she won't be allowed back, she's the poster child against going abroad to join extremist causes.
That is unfortunate if true. Future teens who get sucked into extremism are not going to think about Shamima Begum before they go.

I would really encourage everyone to go see the documentary. It's quite powerful, and if enough people saw it, it might change some minds.

She joined a terrorist group and since she’s out of options sh wants to return to the UK. They have absolutely no legal or moral obligation to allow her to return. The UK doesn’t need to interrogate or imprison her. Just ignore her and let her rot. If you feel sorry for her you can donate money to her but you might rightly be in trouble yourself then for supporting terrorists.

She joined a terrorist group and since she’s out of options sh wants to return to the UK. They have absolutely no legal or moral obligation to allow her to return. The UK doesn’t need to interrogate or imprison her. Just ignore her and let her rot. If you feel sorry for her you can donate money to her but you might rightly be in trouble yourself then for supporting terrorists.
She's a UK citizen, and there is no legal basis to strip her citizenship.

Begum is not a terrorist.

She's a UK citizen, and there is no legal basis to strip her citizenship.

Begum is not a terrorist.
You don’t think joining a terrorist group makes you a terrorist?

In any event there is a thing called a court. If she has a case then she can make an application. But evidently you are wrong about their lack of a legal basis or she would have got somewhere by now

Back