Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Shamima Begum...

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by KeepItRealist, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Yehudim Black Belt

She showed zero remorse as an adult which is really what got her in trouble. If she were an intelligent, westernized girl, she would have put on the pigtails and pretended to be a vulnerable little girl that was taken advantage of and tugged at British heartstrings for being so cruel to let someone suffer for what they did as a kid.

She tried to pull that one off later on but too late and was so disingenuous when she did it.

Bargey and Bald1 like this.
  2. Bald1 War Room Can

These are special kind of nut jobs. The same kind who write letters to serial killers and fantasize about vampires. They may try, but can't mask their attraction to danger. Fantastic in the sack and just as terrible to be around for more time than that.

I've read a bunch of these stories and the women should be launched into the sun. They're not sorry for supporting a terrorist state and becoming terrorists themselves, they're sorry they got caught. Well, most of them anyways.

3. moosaev Black Belt

I don’t follow your logic. So because not all kids commit crimes that means kids that do commit crimes should be treated as adults? There are multiple confounding variables to why any of us do the things we do, one variable is the state of our brains. If you get brain damage and commit a crime you’re not morally culpable to the same degree as a person with a healthy brain would be. The same principle applies to underage offenders. What we have here is that moral outrage is overtaking what is a fairly obvious point, that Begum doesn’t have the full moral culpability of an adult ISIS member. That should be taken into account. I’m not saying go easy on her, but this “throw away the key” attitude is a bit much. Imo she should be repatriated but with severe restrictions and a long probationary period.

4. panem-et-circenses In the garden

My stance a shifted a bit. Just a bit. I’m fine with Jihad Jack getting ousted and never let back — something is seriously wrong with that guy, and I don’t think he has any remorse. Begum, however, is a bit different. She should’ve been allowed back, sent to prison. Not going to happen now though.

5. SanchoMF Equally Useless

Yup : She knew exactly what she was getting herself into, with whom she got married with and she wouldn't be asking for jack shit if her death cult would've been successful.
    Good riddance I say.

Bargey and ElKarlo like this.
  6. Yehudim Black Belt

Yes as you so clearly explained, lots of factors are involved in the decisions we make and being a terrible Islamist is a requirement to join ISIS.

Showing zero remorse, btw, is another requirement to lose all support from the British public. I don’t think that you and other sympathizers understand that she only wants to return to Britain because it went bad, not that she repudiated ISIS ideology.

Bargey, dezzy and Bald1 like this.
  7. Yehudim Black Belt

This is the primary factor which is obvious to everybody but two people, which I’ll continue to highlight.

You can continue to tell me about international law and morality, but the fact of the matter is that nobody cares for her because of one simple fact: she is an awful person with zero remorse.

Bald1 likes this.
  8. moosaev Black Belt

There has to be an objective assessment of what she currently believes, her threat level, etc. All of that should certainly be taken into account. But let's be honest the hard line people are taking against her is just moral outrage, it isn't really a sober assessment of all the facts.

9. Yehudim Black Belt

There has to be? According to who? As far as I know she isn’t a citizen and isn’t allowed back, so no, the British don’t have to do anything.

And you may be right that this is moral outrage. I mean she is likely harmless at this point. Intelligence agencies will be all over her and she is very visible. She likely will not be a threat to British society.

and my response is so what? The British have made it clear they do not want her there. These are self-inflicted wounds.

Maybe she can convert to Buddhism and hope for a better life in the next one

Bald1 and dezzy like this.
  10. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

Nope, she can fuck off. I'm sick of these younger generations walking through life without ever having to face actual consequences for poor decision making.

Off you fuck, thank you very much.

Bald1 and dezzy like this.
  11. moosaev Black Belt

The British were wrong to strip her of citizenship imo. Seems like a purely punitive move and probably rooted in politicians succumbing to moral outrage. It is what it is. In 20 years I think the consensus will be that she was treated too harshly. Right now ISIS and Islamism are still very emotive topics and many Westerners can't see straight when it comes to those subjects.

12. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

Bro, she joined ISIS. They went on a geocidal mission and famously murdered, enslaved and pillaged those opposed to them.

The different ways in which people are treated is nuts to me.

13. dezzy Red Belt

maybe she could try and blag her way back in as a christian convert? lmao

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Staph infection likes this.
  14. moosaev Black Belt

She was 15 bro, she should be treated differently. Her brain literally wasn't even fully developed. Has to count for something.

15. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

I concede that, but at what age does her decision making become accountable? She didn't drive without a license or shoplift. She joined a well known genocidal terrorist group.

Plenty, plenty, plenty of teenagers are warriors for that group and similar ones with the blood of innocents on their hands. Surely you know this?

Bald1 likes this.
  16. Whippy McGee Meme Master

All out of "Likes"... but I do have this....

{<redford}

17. dezzy Red Belt

fuck that mate, she'd get a few years at most

letting her in is out of the question, never let her set foot on uk soil again

Whippy McGee likes this.
  18. dezzy Red Belt

[​IMG]

Bald1 likes this.
  19. moosaev Black Belt

I'm not saying don't punish her at all. But stripping her of citizenship and banishing her forever seems a bit much. She's essentially been made a stateless person over a mistake (albeit a serious mistake) she made as a child.

PS, if there is evidence that she personally committed violent acts then I'm on board with banishing her, even sending her to prison. But from what i understand she was just duped into being essentially a concubine.

20. Sticko Brown Belt

Actively supported them by doing what? Did she plan any terrorist attacks or help carry them out? Did she finance them with her 15-year-old allowance? Come on.

She just moved to Syria because she thought it would be a good place to live, then on Day 1 the reality was not what she'd been promised. The women who "joined" ISIS were held as prisoners and forced to marry in order to be let out.

moosaev likes this.