Social Rush Limbaugh has been Diagnosed with Advanced Lung Cancer

I was confused by this question at first, but then I read the thread. I think it’s callous and detrimental for the country’s civility to show pleasure at someone falling deathly ill. We saw this when John McCain was diagnosed, we saw it when John McCain died, we see it in stories about RBG, etc. All it does is make the country a bit nastier.

I understand that there are people who think Rush Limbaugh has damaged our society, maybe irreparably, by creating an industry out of political shock entertainment or whatever. I have literally never heard his show, so I don’t have much input on that. But I think that for the sake of civility, our society relies on certain norms in regards to death and sickness.
Well said. Some things are just in poor taste and better off not said.
Think of how often you and I have been on the opposite side of an argument. Now imagine me laughing about you getting cancer because of it. A stunning lack of morality is always displayed on this site when someone we disagree with suffers.

Damn, man, you been saving that brilliant burn since you saw my username 4 years ago or what?

And, yes, Leon Trotsky gave up a charmed life as a cosmopolitan renaissance man to risk his life devoting himself to ending the brutal, tyrannical repression of innocent people by a hereditary monarchy. He risked his life, was imprisoned, was exiled to Siberia, and was banished from his home. His time is power wasn't perfect, and he wasn't blameless for that, and the Soviet system did not reach any of his aspirations for it and ended up mimicking some of the same tyranny that it displaced. But he was well-intentioned.

Rush, on the other hand, sat his sweaty ass in a cushy chair and raked in millions of dollars by knowingly spreading lies with absolutely no purpose whatsoever than to enrich himself: not to improve the lives of anyone, not to improve his country, not to make the world more equal, fair, or happy.

Clinton wasn't the architect of Libya. She just charmed Obama to join in it. Also, Rush was a preeminent propagandist for the Gulf War, the Iraq invasion, the War on Terror, defended and even praised the use of torture under George W. Bush. Of course, you can make the argument that any person in power (literally any president ever) has more blood on their hands than any non-government official. But, in the case of Clinton vs. Rush, I don't think it's remotely close in a matter of balancing considerations: Clinton consistently throughout her career had good faith bases for her policies. Rush did not.
Burn? Lol, nope.

You're increasingly getting uglier in your condemnation of Republicans and any system you disagree with while championing one of the worse ideologies man has ever thought up. The hypocrisy is astounding.

A communist named after an OG politburo member has the balls to claim moral high ground in wishing ill on someone? Get the fuck out of here @Trotsky

Everyone should just put the stupid fook on ignore, the mods won't do shit of course.
Reasonable people just quit showing up because of brash sociopaths and the air ends up being dominated and polluted by radicals.

Mayberry thread: I'm devastated i lost my mom to cancer.

Sherdog first post:. Lol good riddance, she deserved to die for creating you.

Sherdog Mods: This is acceptable as long as I dislike the person being mocked

LOL. Basically this. @Trotsy has this weird homosexual following on this forum and is popular among those retards, so I guess the mods let is slide.

@LogicalInsanity pointed that out to me.

Don't know that any intelligent person could possibly be daft or disingenuous enough to see this as anything but a spectacular development. Especially awesome since he doesn't have any children who would have to watch his bloated ass rot.
Wow. Everyone says you're a piece of shit, but I didn't really think so myself until today. Fuck YOU man. There's no call for that level of hatred.

Everyone should just put the stupid fook on ignore, the mods won't do shit of course.
Reasonable people just quit showing up because of brash sociopaths and the air ends up being dominated and polluted by radicals.
I genuinely don't mind the guys contributions on most topics. Doesn't mean I agree with him.

But he's clearly biased as all fuck, or at least as much as those he condemns. Yay, hypocrisy!

Shame. I wish him good luck.

That said, he's a fucking asshole. He peddles garbage thinking to morons who can't think.

Burn? Lol, nope.

You're increasingly getting uglier in your condemnation of Republicans and any system you disagree with while championing one of the worse ideologies man has ever thought up. The hypocrisy is astounding.

I would love to hear your take on, or even a succinct definition of, communist ideology, and then maybe an explanation of how it's hypocritical to champion things like worker democracy, equal opportunity, decommodifiation, and international solidarity and empathy across country lines, but also oppose....lying for profit, commodifying hate against foreigners, and turning exploited people against each other.

Otherwise, I think I can write this off as another lazy and uninformed shit post.

Wow. Everyone says you're a piece of shit, but I didn't really think so myself until today. Fuck YOU man. There's no call for that level of hatred.

Oh, shit, I was snicking at the rest of the pearl clutching posters in this thread, but getting your disapproval....man, that one actually hurts me real badly.

Right wingers going to rewrite Limbaugh's history as some sort of likeable and unifying figure. When he was a massive hypocrite and divisive for profit. Really began the whole right wing bomb throwing grift

This stupid take is on par with that "but Trump" talkig point that leftist do.

Clinton wasn't the architect of Libya. She just charmed Obama to join in it. Also, Rush was a preeminent propagandist for the Gulf War, the Iraq invasion, the War on Terror, defended and even praised the use of torture under George W. Bush. Of course, you can make the argument that any person in power (literally any president ever) has more blood on their hands than any non-government official. But, in the case of Clinton vs. Rush, I don't think it's remotely close in a matter of balancing considerations: Clinton consistently throughout her career had good faith bases for her policies. Rush did not.
Sure the French and the British were the true architects of the Libya intervention but Clinton was the most powerful American who was strongly backing the intervention to a wary Obama(who would later say it was the biggest mistake of his administration btw). And because the French and British came to rely on America for logistics in that operation our role was crucial in the disaster that happened in that country and Clinton was crucial in making that a reality.

Sure she likely had a "good faith" reason for supporting that in that she probably honestly believed it would work out for some reason. But I also highly doubt she had rosy intentions, she had cold hard realpolitik on her mind and she was willing to sacrifice however many Libyan lives necessary in service of that so that she made an ugly decision on the basis of "good faith" doesn't change the fact that it was an ugly decision with a far higher human cost than anything Rush has ever decided on.

stop coming in here trying to pretend to care one way or another
keep clutching your pearls because one of the most divisive people in recent history will finally leave and take his hate spewing to the grave..

i wonder how many deaths rush has on his hands at the hands of his decades of sowing deceit and hatred

dont pretend you give a rats ass about limbaugh you are just here to pretend to be offended

could you clarify as to how Rush has "death on his hand?"

(serious question, not trolling or setting up a gotcha question)

I would love to hear your take on, or even a succinct definition of, communist ideology, and then maybe an explanation of how it's hypocritical to champion things like worker democracy, equal opportunity, decommodifiation, and international solidarity and empathy across country lines, but also oppose....lying for profit, commodifying hate against foreigners, and turning exploited people against each other.

Otherwise, I think I can write this off as another lazy and uninformed shit post.

Oh, shit, I was snicking at the rest of the pearl clutching posters in this thread, but getting your disapproval....man, that one actually hurts me real badly.
Don't give a single flying fuck about terminology or definition.

Wherever Communism has been implemented it's caused nothing but suffering. We've covered this ground before - you're well versed in the mythos, but I'm much more familiar with the outcome of that murderous ideology having been born under it.

But that wasn't real communism!

It never is Trots.

Sure the French and the British were the true architects of the Libya intervention but Clinton was the most powerful American who was strongly backing the intervention to a wary Obama(who would later say it was the biggest mistake of his administration btw). And because the French and British came to rely on America for logistics in that operation our role was crucial in the disaster that happened in that country and Clinton was crucial in making that a reality.

Sure she likely had a "good faith" reason for supporting that in that she probably honestly believed it would work out for some reason. But I also highly doubt she had rosy intentions, she had cold hard realpolitik on her mind and she was willing to sacrifice however many Libyan lives necessary in service of that so that she made an ugly decision on the basis of "good faith" doesn't change the fact that it was an ugly decision with a far higher human cost than anything Rush has ever decided on.

LOL. Basically this. @Trotsy has this weird homosexual following on this forum and is popular among those retards, so I guess the mods let is slide.

@LogicalInsanity pointed that out to me.

regrettably, I too have said some pretty disgusting things here to those that disagree with me.

However, celebrating someeone's cancer is too low. even for me.
I'm trying to think of a leftist equivalent that I would take pleasure in having cancer...

Even congressperson Rashida Tlaib...I would not wish this upon.

@Trotsky gives me the heebie jeebies.
To know there are people out there like him, so sad and angry.
I'm sorry you have so much pain in your heart, Trotsky. I hope it turns around.

Even congressperson Rashida Tlaib...I would not wish this upon.
Huh? What has she done that makes her come to mind first? Figured your misplaced outrage would fall on AOC or Ilhan first.

Don't give a single flying fuck about terminology or definition.

Wherever Communism has been implemented it's caused nothing but suffering. We've covered this ground before - you're well versed in the mythos, but I'm much more familiar with the outcome of that murderous ideology having been born under it.

But that wasn't real communism!

It never is Trots.

Yes, we've covered before that I know what I'm talking about when I use terms like "communist ideology" and you don't and only use them for the purposes of undermining arguments and/or posters that you can't take head on. I would say that knowledge and precision may well be the two greatest divisions between us.

He will probably go on the treatment I just had for the last couple years. Worked really well for me. Has lengthened the lives of many advanced stage cancer patients. Costs a few hundred geez tho $$$ a year.

could you clarify as to how Rush has "death on his hand?"

(serious question, not trolling or setting up a gotcha question)
really?
how many incels and shootings do you think would have been prevented from him not radicalizing them?

Back