News King Charles diagnosed with Cancer

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.
It is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.
The type of cancer has not been revealed, but according to a palace statement the King began "regular treatments" on Monday.
Buckingham Palace says the King "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible".
He will postpone his public engagements and it is expected other senior royals will help to stand in for him during his treatment.

158b460e93567eb08dd566e4cdb14bc914110338.gifv

Oh, fucking great. Another massively expensive funeral/coronation. :rolleyes:

So England will have a new king sooner than later

Just looked it up on Wikipedia:

The monarchy is constitutional, meaning that, although formally the monarch still has authority over the government—which is known as "His/Her Majesty's Government"—this power may only be used according to laws enacted in Parliament and within constraints of convention and precedent. Thus in practice the monarch's role, including that of Head of the British Armed Forces, is limited to functions such as bestowing honours and appointing the prime minister, which are performed in a non-partisan manner.[2]

Seems like the strongest power he has is to appoint the Prime Minister. So in effect he's like the electoral college in the US.

They're supposed to appoint the president that won more states, but I think technically they don't have to.

Looks like Charles could do the same thing. "Hey all, I know you voted for this guy but fuck you, I'm appointing the other guy instead."

Of course people would probably stop it somehow, but it's fun to imagine.

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.
It is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.
The type of cancer has not been revealed, but according to a palace statement the King began "regular treatments" on Monday.
Buckingham Palace says the King "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible".
He will postpone his public engagements and it is expected other senior royals will help to stand in for him during his treatment.
Is it sausage finger cancer?

ee254770-32ea-11ed-bdd6-6817e44e0ca1_1703250832798_1703250847636.jpeg

Also, apologies for the distraction, but I always struggle with this whenever I start looking up the royals:

Beatrice

Hot, Weird-Looking, or Both?

Back