Social Rush Limbaugh has been Diagnosed with Advanced Lung Cancer

stop coming in here trying to pretend to care one way or another
keep clutching your pearls because one of the most divisive people in recent history will finally leave and take his hate spewing to the grave..

i wonder how many deaths rush has on his hands at the hands of his decades of sowing deceit and hatred

dont pretend you give a rats ass about limbaugh you are just here to pretend to be offended
lol and yet another previous ban. Shocking.

The silver lining in threads like this is that you see someone's true colors.
Always remember, when you see someone say the worst shit, it comes from somewhere. Thats the real person, right there, no matter what they try to tell you later.
How come I've never seen you call out a right winger for a deplorable comment

My wife's mom is dying of pancreatic cancer and we provide care typically 2 or 3 times a week. This is someone I absolutely despise, so i've given a lot of thought to people I hate having cancer. Firm no from me, dawg.
Sorry you and your wife has to go through that, it’s horrible to see.

Nah, you weren't kidding. You're walking it back now because people have expressed disgust. Some shit isn't funny, least of all another person's pain and suffering.

Whoosh, that went right over your head.

No, I'm not sad at all for this sack of shit. Who knows how many actual good people wouldn't have died but for his hateful propagandizing.

The most I can do is kindly wish for him that he packs his summer clothes in anticipation of his trip down south.

Rush Limbaugh's legacy is now etched into the very fabric of the American story.

Almost every Internet political analyst and politically centered youtuber owes a small debt of gratitude to Rush Limbaugh for paving the way for them. He showed the entire world that it's possible to create an engaged audience all on your own.

For that fact alone, it's undisputable that Rush Limbaugh left the world better than he found it.

I'll be praying for peace and healing for Mr. Limbaugh.
I don't agree with speaking ill of the dead but let's not get crazy now and start lying to make them look good either.

As for Rush sucks for him, seems like a terrible way to go. I hope he's able to treat it reasonably well enough to at least mute some of the more horrendous symptoms of cancer. But I certainly won't miss his influence on the public discourse.

Last edited:
If we become a society where we celebrate pain and suffering upon people based off of their political beliefs we are truly fucked as a society
I hate to say it but we're already there. No one hates Americans more than other Americans.
We cheer on each others financial ruin and terminal illness.
It's like we get off on it.
Its disgusting.

Right wingers going to rewrite Limbaugh's history as some sort of likeable and unifying figure. When he was a massive hypocrite and divisive for profit. Really began the whole right wing bomb throwing grift

@Limbo Pete @22k @luckyshot @AnGrYcRoW

But let's not act like they are remotely comparable. Clinton and Obama are accomplished people whose honest successes and contributions to the world far, far outweigh the bad they have done. They weren't grifting hatemongers who transcended mediocrity by scapegoating the less fortunate and dissolving what holds society together without any regard for improving the world or being the least it honest or consistent.
You're right they are not comparable, the actions of the likes of the Clintons have had far worse impact on the world than Rush's actions. The Libya intervention alone, which Clinton was the architect of and which Obama approved, has generated more misery and death than Rush entire career multiplied by a thousand.

This thread will be a great measuring stick in regards to the sort of people that post on this site.

Imagine celebrating someone getting a terminal illness because you disagree with their political ideology. What sort of literal human garbage do you have to be to say shit like that?

To be fair, if KJU were to get cancer we’d all celebrate.

@nac386 what are your thoughts?

I was confused by this question at first, but then I read the thread. I think it’s callous and detrimental for the country’s civility to show pleasure at someone falling deathly ill. We saw this when John McCain was diagnosed, we saw it when John McCain died, we see it in stories about RBG, etc. All it does is make the country a bit nastier.

I understand that there are people who think Rush Limbaugh has damaged our society, maybe irreparably, by creating an industry out of political shock entertainment or whatever. I have literally never heard his show, so I don’t have much input on that. But I think that for the sake of civility, our society relies on certain norms in regards to death and sickness.

This thread will be a great measuring stick in regards to the sort of people that post on this site.

Imagine celebrating someone getting a terminal illness because you disagree with their political ideology. What sort of literal human garbage do you have to be to say shit like that?

It really highlights the question of why one would even try to reason with some people on this forum.
The real answere is for everywone here that realizes how pathetic these people are is to just put them on the ignore list.
Seriously, what is point of even trying to deal with these sociopaths?

I hate to say it but we're already there. No one hates Americans more than other Americans.
We cheer on each others financial ruin and terminal illness.
It's like we get off on it.
Its disgusting.
Yeah, I mean there's nothing good about Rush's politics. But why the hell are people so brainwashed into this partisan mess this country has become? That to me is more concerning.. ultimately the lack of education across the entire political spectrum.. than some loudmouth jockeying for ratings. Dude wouldn't have an audience if people weren't fucking divisive in the first place and could think for themselves. Dude isn't even creating policy.

A communist named after an OG politburo member has the balls to claim moral high ground in wishing ill on someone? Get the fuck out of here @Trotsky

Damn, man, you been saving that brilliant burn since you saw my username 4 years ago or what?

And, yes, Leon Trotsky gave up a charmed life as a cosmopolitan renaissance man to risk his life devoting himself to ending the brutal, tyrannical repression of innocent people by a hereditary monarchy. He risked his life, was imprisoned, was exiled to Siberia, and was banished from his home. His time is power wasn't perfect, and he wasn't blameless for that, and the Soviet system did not reach any of his aspirations for it and ended up mimicking some of the same tyranny that it displaced. But he was well-intentioned.

Rush, on the other hand, sat his sweaty ass in a cushy chair and raked in millions of dollars by knowingly spreading lies with absolutely no purpose whatsoever than to enrich himself: not to improve the lives of anyone, not to improve his country, not to make the world more equal, fair, or happy.

You're right they are not comparable, the actions of the likes of the Clintons have had far worse impact on the world than Rush's actions. The Libya intervention alone, which Clinton was the architect of and which Obama approved, has generated more misery and death than Rush entire career multiplied by a thousand.

Clinton wasn't the architect of Libya. She just charmed Obama to join in it. Also, Rush was a preeminent propagandist for the Gulf War, the Iraq invasion, the War on Terror, defended and even praised the use of torture under George W. Bush. Of course, you can make the argument that any person in power (literally any president ever) has more blood on their hands than any non-government official. But, in the case of Clinton vs. Rush, I don't think it's remotely close in a matter of balancing considerations: Clinton consistently throughout her career had good faith bases for her policies. Rush did not.

You think laughing anonymously in your basement about someone's cancer makes you strong?
Limbaugh mocked michael j Fox's Parkinson's
GoodnaturedDirectAquaticleech-small.gif

Mayberry thread: I'm devastated i lost my mom to cancer.

Sherdog first post:. Lol good riddance, she deserved to die for creating you.

Sherdog Mods: This is acceptable as long as I dislike the person being mocked

Clinton consistently throughout her career had good faith bases for her policies. Rush did not.
Rush did not what? Have a "good-faith" basis for...… his policies?

I don't care for either one of them, but c'mon, there's a huge difference between being in a position that actions actually do and will affect the average person's life and someone who might be a nuisance to have to skip over on your radio to find your talk show host of choice.

I remember that. I have close family members with Parkinson's, it was clearly classless POS move by Rush. Don't find solace that a, imo, political POS has terminal cancer though. Rush, for all that he is, isn't a murderer or rapist; noone was forced to listened to him spew bile for decades.

My dad's been going through treatment for cancer, and from first hand experience seeing how much it's affected an otherwise strong, proud man it's not something I would wish on anyone, no matter how much I dislike/disagree with them.

It's a terrible, terrible thing.

screenshot-www-jacobinmag-com-2020-02-03-16-39-34.png

Save your tears.
I also hope he pulls through, though I can't stand him.

He has himself to blame not only for smoking, but for fucking with Karma by saying it is not big deal.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0200203-4ma66mowazektovzh7hg2aynhq-story.html
<6>
Okay admittedly Rush makes it hard to not speak ill of him in light of this stuff, especially the stuff about smoking. Most modern smokers at least have some humility and shame over their habit but Rush doesn't even have that. Hard to think he wasn't asking for it.

Back