Media Rogan shows off carnivore diet results by going shirtless

Non processed Meat is the best thing you can do for your body if your goal is lean muscle building and performance. Despite whatever tree hugger vegan will tell you

rogan has the body type of a new born baby
a third of him is all head

In fact here is an older pic of him. His head looks fairly normal sized I would say, in proportion to his body :
Rogan-OldPic.jpg

I'm telling you, as long as you arent eating sugar you're good to go. I still doubt all meat diet is anywhere near legit but because people arent ingesting sugar and carbs they lose weight and see results.

Say no to sugarrrrr
Joe has/had been going Keto for a good while so he would've already had very low carb intake. I don't think switching to meat would've made that much of a difference to his claims if it was just the fact that he had zero carbs vs keto level carbs.

Nothing wrong with natural sugar that is found in fruits, vegetables, etc. Added sugar is a problem. No need to abstain from fruit. Fruit juice is also not good because it lacks the fiber and other properties of whole fruit that help regulate your blood/sugar levels.

qmM-h2heT0Yh_f_9Q9dQ9Fj08KnHN70PSbtZmZQLO1Y.jpg
It doesn't help that he wears kids clothes all the time

I mean, if you don’t consume any carbohydrates at all, your body literally starts eating itself so your brain can keep working.
Glucose can be converted from dietary fat and protein to fulfill the glucose requirements for major organs (including the brain).

However, a zero-carbohydrate diet is inherently nutrient deficient (in terms of vitamins, minerals, and fiber) and is as moronic of a diet as going full vegan.

But Rogan takes steroids, HGH, and is an idiot, so no one should take what he says seriously regarding health and nutrition.

I really want to try this but the whole “explosive diarrhea” thing for 2 weeks is kind of a dealbreaker.

If you don’t ingest any carbohydrates at all you will lose body fat. It’s basically impossible not to, because the brain needs sugar to function, so it will start to breakdown fat cells so they can be converted to ketones in the liver. Ketones function similarly to sugar in the brain.

But the truth is that it’s really not tremendously healthy to not consume any carbohydrates whatsoever. Yeah you can absolutely live on a pure meat and fat diet, but it’s not how our brains evolved to function. The ketogenic process is just the bodies back up (i.e. starvation prevention) system in case it can’t get its preferred fuel source: carbohydrates.

I mean, if you don’t consume any carbohydrates at all, your body literally starts eating itself so your brain can keep working.

Very poor understanding of how nutritional ketosis actually works. Good try though.

How much carbs can one eat and still claim to be on a keto diet? Basically what is a healthy keto diet?

Depends on how many grams of glycogen your body burns through the day. Lots of athletes depending on their workload are in and out of ketosis on a daily basis. Once you've burned through your liver and muscle stores of glycogen you're body is going to have to shift into burning fat as fuel.

Looking up some info on that diet, it is really unhealthy.. Horrible long term for the stomach..

Back