Media Robert Whittaker Details Injury Suffered Against Khamzat Chimaev at UFC 308

images

@Neck&Neck @helax

The way I look at it is just his pre-existing injury being a big liability you know. If a face crank can do that, it can just keep happening and you obviously cannot continue with an injury like that
Also, if his teeth are lose, the wrong strike at the wrong moment could scatter them. Best to get that fixed rather than to fight around it.

And Khamzat's squeeze is now legendary. The Wolfconstrictor

Reactions: HHJ
Also, if his teeth are lose, the wrong strike at the wrong moment could scatter them. Best to get that fixed rather than to fight around it.

And Khamzat's squeeze is now legendary. The Wolfconstrictor
The knuckbuster

Whits has been gambling with his bottom teeth for a long time. He had an infection before his last fight that he put off removing after taking antibiotics. He's probably got a fair amount of bone erosion at this point and he's going to need a graft. If his teeth get pushed in all the time, and the injury goes back years, he might need a plate put in eventually....especially if he keeps getting them fucked up

It's a good time for Whittaker to heal and take a break anyways. DDP/Khamzat should be fireworks.

Now that is a record I have not heard for a while!
But it was spinning on repeat as a kid.
I will have to give it a spin again right now!
Total shit! put it back in the grave.
But also, it seems the bone holding his teeth dislocated and has been brittle from some childhood shit.
Going teeth less like in hockey would not really make any difference for that.

Last edited:
The man makes less excuses than Chimaev’s haters. Respect.

Why did this doofus not get his teeth fixed prior to fighting a first round beast known for grappling and submissions? He had to know he'd be fending off rear naked chokes in the first round. Did he not watch the Usman fight? Very disappointed in Rob.

IMG_7273.jpg

Robert Whittaker isn’t seriously injured following his submission loss against Khamzat Chimaev at UFC 308.

Whittaker and Chimaev met in potential middleweight title eliminator in the co-main event at UFC 308 on Saturday at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. Chimaev took Whittaker down early and had barely locked in a face crank when “Bobby Knuckles” quickly tapped 3:34 into the opening round.

Whittaker could be seen telling his corner that there was something wrong with his jaw. Subsequent images of Whittaker’s mouth revealed a ghastly injury that left his teeth scattered. While it initially seemed to be due to a broken jaw, Whittaker clarified that it was actually his teeth that got pushed in.

According to the Whittaker, loose teeth have been a lingering issue with him, and they also needed some repairing prior to his last loss against Dricus Du Plessis. Whittaker speculated that more sturdy teeth might have allowed him to take another moment to turn his face and avoid the injury.

"I'm all right. It wasn't the jaw; it was the teeth,” he told Red Corner MMA. “The teeth got pushed in. I've always had loose teeth, and they got looser. It was the face crank. His forearm went straight on the bottom tooth, I didn't have a moment to turn the head or anything. If I didn't have such vulnerable teeth, maybe I would have had another second to turn my head. Or maybe not. I just got caught in a bad position, and the rest is history. My bottom teeth, they’re vulnerable. It’s my Achilles heel. I’ve had them pushed in before when I fought Dricus, and they’ve never really recovered… It’s from an injury when I was young.”

Whittaker’s loss to Chimaev snapped a two-fight winning streak and made him 3-3 in his last six UFC appearances. Whittaker also issued a statement promising to come back stronger after recovering from the injury.

“Thank you everyone for all the love and support. It’s a tough gig sometimes but that’s the business,” Whittaker wrote on Instagram. “Big congratulations to Khamzat, he was the better man tonight and that’s all there is to it. I felt great, everything was on point and I was ready. My jaw is good, but my teeth were moved in. It’s a good excuse to fix them properly now haha. I’m disappointed, but I come back better from every setback and every challenge so this is no different. I want to thank my team and everyone who supported me to get here. Time to go spend time with the family for a bit. Be back soon. ”

Rob is a gentleman and a true G, all at once.

Come back even better Mr Knuckles.

<RomeroSalute>

Back