Is Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker the most anticipated upcoming fight?

Is Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker the most anticipated upcoming fight?

• Total voters
Remember when Khamzat fought twice in 10 days?

I figured he'd be 20-1 by now having lost only a title fight...

The most anticipated fight for me, is McGregor-Chandler. I know it doesn't mean much in the overall ranking picture, but it promises to be exciting, and we may not get to experience the McGregor show to many more times. Like him or hate him, Conor makes you want to watch, and he is still the biggest personality, in a rather boring bunch of fighters the UFC now has. That's boring personality wise, not fighting.

I'm not complaining here but I wish we would have got Khamzat/Costa and Whittaker/Strickland instead.

I said no because I never look forward to watching khamzat fight. He is a really good fighter but i just do not like the dude. I will root for bobby knuckles

He’s so friggin entertaining in the Octagon though. I love watching him fight. Shame you don’t enjoy watching ….

It is for me. How about you folks?

This is going to be a great test for Chimaev, we'll see if he's truly championship material or not.

And a great boost for Whittaker, he gets a title shot if he wins.

breaking-robert-whittaker-vs-khamzat-chimaev-to-headline-v0-n6m8jc8340rc1.png
Very excited for this one, but also very excited for Cory v Umar.
Sherdog should be pretty fun after that one. If Umar loses, there will be much celebration. If he wins and looks like a legit title contender, there will be hella tears.

I’ve got Whittaker to win against Chimaev too. I really think he can stop the takedowns and pick Khamzat apart on the feet and drown him in the later rounds
I like Chimaev and think he's good, but for some reason, I don't see him winning this fight. Whitaker seems like the worst possible matchup.

Yes. I'm done with part-time old dogs. I respect their past efforts and accomplishments, but I'm really not interested in their half ass fights while in their dotage.

Edit: Khamzat needs to fight way more but the dummy is banned from travelling some places...

It's the most intriguing and fight I'll be the most nervous for in a long time. Can't stand Khamzat and I really want to see someone beat him and make him look silly. I'm not confident but if anyone can do it, Rob can.

Easy yes, mainly because the UFC doesn't have any worth a shit fights. It's been shit card after shit card besides UFC 300. Also Shavkat should have fought by now, I don't know wtf the UFC is thinking.

Absolutely, we’re gonna see if one has what it takes and if the other still has it. They’re both massive fan favourites with very different personalities and opposing styles. This is the best matchmaking we’ve seen in a while and it’s probably laughably unintentional on the UFC’s part. Can’t wait.

Yup!

Robs chin isn't what it use to be but seems to have not completely cracked yet.

He's a perfect counter stylistically vs borz but borz is not giving up any size like say vs Costa, Marvin, Izzy, Alex etc...

Very intriguing

UFC 303 << Saudi FN < UFC 304

if conor pulls out of 303 that card is a complete dud. Hill and Ulberg are mid tier fighters in a weak division.

Yes. But only bc were 2 weeks out.

There's other great fights upcoming.

I hope Chimaev doesn't get to stay in Arabia for a title shot. That would be retarded.

Doesn't really move my needle to be honest

In the near future for sure, but I must admit I’m hanging to see OMalley vs Merab.
And to see Jones again too even though I don’t think that fight with Stipe will be competitive to be honest.
Omalley vs Merab will be a snoozefest.. Guaranteed

Back