• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Report: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Apparently 'Bombed' In Terms Of U.S. PPV Buys

more irrefutable evidence that saturday night prime time would have been a flop even harder than the time slot they went with is this. There is a myth that saturday night is when murican kids have their night out n stay up late... everybody knows that is a bullshit myth that got debunked. The reality is the opposite. It's lights out for america extra early on saturday night n everyone knows dat. Airybody knows american keeds have a bedtime round 7pm sharp on saturday nights... cuz they gotta get up round 4:30 am sunday mornin to get rdy for church. Saturdays have an earlier bedtime for america than skool/work week nights cause sunday is the holy sabbath day n church starts earlier than school does, thus it's lights out extra early on the night goin into sunday. Everybody knows the 7th(starting from the work week) day is the sabbath day that god rested and he commanded man to rest on the 7th just like him... everybody knows being commanded to rest just like him on the sabbath exactly translates to getting up at the butt crack of dawn for church.

Last edited:
Basically was supposed to be a squash match and after the Conor vs Mayweather bs where it was clear Floyd carried him no one really cares about another crossover and also it was on at literally like 10am in the states

The main event happened at around 630 pm eastern time

I just think it's dope Francis got something like 10m

I ain't gonna hate on any MMA fighter for securing the bag
I won’t either. It’s pretty clear his future is boxing. But he may have some trouble securing the pay that he wants on his next fight If this fight against Tyson really did bomb on pay-per-view. I would love to see him fight Wilder, for example. But can they get a deal done?

honestly i can't imagine paying 80 dollars for anything. it's reached that tipping point where i think a lot of people are disgusted and are just saying fuck it, no more PPVs from now on. the world's getting wacky with the price of shit these days, things are no longer in scale.

honestly i can't imagine paying 80 dollars for anything. it's reached that tipping point where i think a lot of people are disgusted and are just saying fuck it, no more PPVs from now on. the world's getting wacky with the price of shit these days, things are no longer in scale.
I reached that point as a fan about three years ago. It’s disgusting how much this shit cost anymore. I have too many expenses to justify 80 bucks per month for mostly mediocre fight cards.

When I said it would do less than 50k PPVs, I was called a deluded hater, yet my reasoning seems to have been solid: Ngannou is a scary fighter, but a shit PPV seller.

Tyson not allowed in the US because he has alleged ties with some organized criminal in Ireland, meanwhile, terrorists and cartel members can literally just walk across the open US border lol.
Welcome to the democrats destruction of America.

Classic game plan from the Saudis at this point...they are willing to burn money to get something off the ground.

Let's see if there is similar apathy for the rematch (or whatever Francis' next move is), given how much the first one diverged from expectations.

Regardless of how narrow (or not) the gap is between what Francis earned against Fury vs. what a Jones PPV headliner title fight would have earned, it seems undeniable that Francis' next pay day will be *far* more than what a subsequent fight in the UFC would have paid (and if he lost to Jones, bye bye PPV points...so the alleged 8 million shrinks to a fraction of that amount, whereas his 'loss' against Fury did not erode his future earning potential).

Even if Francis would have SQUASHED Jones, then what? Stipe again? Pav or Aspinall? Those fights will not pay Francis what he will earn in another boxing match, regardless of whether it is Fury again or someone like Wilder or Joshua.

Francis bet on himself and won. Everyone just needs to accept that fact. The details are irrelevant...that is what happened.

It doesn't matter if the PPV sold well...and Chael's rants about how this is not 'good business' or deviates from the normal model are completely irrelevant...what matters is the paycheque that Francis is cashing. If the Saudis lost money, why would Francis give one fuck? Did the cheque clear? Cool. Is there another fat offer on the table? Cool.
This entire Saudi attempt at a sports takeover has nothing to do with the actual sports. It’s being used to clean up its name and make it a travel destination and to fool their population that they are the ideal place to live.

Yeah forcing 80 dollars on a fucking freakshow fight was never going to turnout well, especially an early card at that...
Saudis obviously dont care but ESPN should be facepalming right about now, Conor/Floyd got away with it because it was the 2 biggest draws in combat sports history fighting and while Fury has been a decent draw at times hes never been at that level and Ngannou has never been a decent draw period.
At the very least they should have substantially lowered the price.

Everybody cares about a return on a investment, you sound like a moron saying that.

There isn't a single person on this planet that just wants to piss there money away..

You clearly don't know what your talking about, no surprise really. The goal is to be known as a sporting capital of the world sports washing it's not about return on the investment for one of their first events. Stop being so short sighted. Ironic you claim others are morons.

The Saudis are literally doing the exact same thing with football paying 5x the wages clearly making losses but long term believe they will have the most popular league. Its not about money now it's about money in 20 yrs time and what people associate with the country. Get a clue before insulting people when you clearly lack knowledge.

You clearly don't know what your talking about, no surprise really. The goal is to be known as a sporting capital of the world sports washing it's not about return on the investment for one of their first events. Stop being so short sighted. Ironic you claim others are morons.

The Saudis are literally doing the exact same thing with football paying 5x the wages clearly making losses but long term believe they will have the most popular league. Its not about money now it's about money in 20 yrs time and what people associate with the country. Get a clue before insulting people when you clearly lack knowledge.
Bro, it's not sustainable for anyone even the Saudi.. if you think so you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Think of it like this, a billionaire doesn't wanna lose so much money they become a millionaire..

These guys will cap shit just like any other businessman. Like Floyd said if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense.

Are you even aware that a judge literally gave 5 rounds to Ngannou ? {<jordan}

Also, Ngannou scored TWO knockdowns (not to mention Fury's elbow) : https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...n-fury-who-won.4312622/page-10#post-172323637

Btw, who's the nobody on your Instagram picture ? Do you even know who's Timothy Bradley (the guy was also litteraly there to watch the fight, he didn't watch it from a screen) + timestamped ? :

But but but Ngannou won 2 rounds, meanwhile :

Then Fury cancelled his post fight conference (obviously because ke knew deep down he won) and then delayed his fight against Usyk {<jordan}

Ngannou didn't fight for almost 2 years, had knee surgery and didn't know anything about fighting sports not far from his 30 years old and still beat Fury : that's the pill you'll have to swallow.

He had ONE knockdown, Assclown. Please don’t stalk me on every thread, YellowDragQueen. Please do show me the second knockdown or get off my nuts.

I don’t have to swallow a damn thing, Betty! Fury is the champion of a weak division, and you all are making a big deal out of a division in which Ruiz, Wilder, and AJ are big names and are all flawed. Fury and Usyk are 35 & 36 and only one has actually beat somebody (Fury v Klitschko). Since you’re my Sherdog stalker, find one post where I claim Fury or the current Heavyweights are well rounded fighters (besides two of them being literally well rounded, pudgy fighters)?

That judge who scored it for Francis was wrong. Timothy Bradley thought he beat Pacquiao when everybody else knew better. What if Timothy Bradley was wrong?

Francis won 3,8, and the round in which Fury landed the elbow. He was out-pointed with the jab the entire night. ESPN & CBS sports both had Fury winning the fight and neither saw a 2nd Knock Down, Assclown.

Bro, it's not sustainable for anyone even the Saudi.. if you think so you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Think of it like this, a billionaire doesn't wanna lose so much money they become a millionaire..

These guys will cap shit just like any other businessman. Like Floyd said if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense.

They clearly feel it will eventually bring a return they aren't worried about it now as the fury vs Francis fight leads to more events. Now we have fury vs usyk next and wwe over the weekend. Its long term not about making money now but later and changing how they are seen globally.

They are doing it with football saudi league pays footballers 9 figures and some matches only get 300 ppl showing up. Other sheikhs have done it with Manchester City and Psg. Learn what sport washing is. They are doing it already.

They clearly feel it will eventually bring a return they aren't worried about it now as the fury vs Francis fight leads to more events. Now we have fury vs usyk next and wwe over the weekend. Its long term not about making money now but later and changing how they are seen globally.

They are doing it with football saudi league pays footballers 9 figures and some matches only get 300 ppl showing up. Other sheikhs have done it with Manchester City and Psg. Learn what sport washing is. They are doing it already.
Right, there is a point whereas when your image hasn't changed and you realize you won't be the world's sporting hub hoped to be and you stop the loss on investment.

Theses guys aren't stupid bro, stop acting like they can waste billions to hopefully.. hopefully make millions.

This will only last so long before it stops. I honestly hope the fighters make a killing off it while it last.

But to pretend what they are doing is remotely successful it's not. When the revenue isn't there and you are just blowing billions for being the cool kid in school it's gonna have to end sooner than later.

Hey, hopefully it does blow up that would be great for fighters, but you cannot keep putting on show after show and never make money, and you sure as hell aren't gonna do it for 20 years hoping at that point you make something back

Guess what?
Maybe they didn't give a fuck about the US PPV's?
It was timed for Europe and the Middle East by the looks of things.
The Saudis have money, they want status and reputation which they get with these fights.

way ahead of it...i was saying this for a week now. Frankis gets paid 10m to fight fury on a flopped card so no PPV points, when he cudda fought john for... 10m + PPV view points on a PPV that would have been a blockbuster. WHo fumbled what bag now?

"but but.. now dat fans know francis is legit at boxing too his next fight will sell hUGEE MAN, even tho he was never a good MMA draw either. There have been many boxing champs who couldn't sell tickets but we totally know for sure Frank will be a huge draw in a sport even less people care about than MMA, when he couldnt even draw in mma!

...but Frank is a heavyweight yo!!! how could a heavyweight boxing champ ever Not be a draw man? I could see the manlet weights not drawing but That's totally impossible for the HW boxing champ to not draw, even tho Klitschko is 1 champ removed from putting the entire HW boxing world on hibernation mode for a decade. Speaking of sleep, francis is the cure for insomnia on the mic but he's gonna be a big draw we just know it! His age rounds up to 40 & injury prone but hes an excellent total long term investment for boxing promoters. WHo wants to get in line to sign the check for frank's next fight?"

more evidence that saturday night prime time would have been a flop even harder than the time slot they went with is this. There is a myth that saturday night is when murican kids have their night out n stay up late... everybody knows that is a bullshit myth that got debunked..The reality is the opposite. Its lights out for america extra early on saturday night n everyone knows dat... airybody knows american keeds have a bedtime round 7pm sharp on saturday nights... cuz they gotta get up round 4:30 am sunday mornin to get rdy for church. Saturdays have an earlier bedtime for america than work week nights cause sunday is the holy sdabbath day n church starts earlier than school does, thus its lights out extra early on the night goin into sunday. Everybody knows the 7th day is the sabbath day that god rested and he commanded man to rest on the 7th just like him... everybody knows resting on the sabbath exactly translates to getting up at the butt crack of dawn for church.
<BidenShutIt>

Francis >>> Pink Goof

Please do show me the second knockdown or get off my nuts.

Already showed it : https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...n-fury-who-won.4312622/page-10#post-172323637

one has actually beat somebody (Fury v Klitschko).

You don't even know that Joshua beat Wladimir too and by KO, not by decision. But you're completely clueless and don't know of what you're talking about as usual.

Timothy Bradley thought he beat Pacquiao when everybody else knew better. What if Timothy Bradley was wrong?

It's like if there was a very small difference, i mean like if Bradley was judging his own fight.

Obviously, since you're very smart and logic, you would expect the same neutrality in both cases from him <seedat>

Francis won 3,8, and the round in which Fury landed the elbow. He was out-pointed with the jab the entire night.

So since you're a lost cause, here's the official scorecards :

0_F9knT_cbwAAvaYW.jpg

Not only 2 judges gave more than 3 rounds to Ngannou, but there was no point deduction so the elbow wasn't counted. The elbow was landed in the sixth round and no judge gave this round to Ngannou. As usual, you're a waste of time <GOT2>

No on knows what the PPV buys are. Before they could get the information from cable providers, and have a decent guess. Now it is 100% just made up. The PPV wasn't just on ESPN+ either.

PPV numbers even if correct would only be for the US. That would be like judging soccer on US ratings. Boxing is far more popular outside the US.

Also find it funny that people want to claim, no one watched the fight, but then have an opinion on who won.

Back