Rumored Report: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Apparently 'Bombed' In Terms Of U.S. PPV Buys

Timestamped :

It was a knockdown and you can clearly see Ngannou's right hand before that + left hook... against Wilder, Fury didn't even fall at first. Yeah Fury got up, but he got up even faster here so i guess it's not a legit knockdown (timestamped) :

<TheWire1>
<Huh2>
{<huh}
YellowScalawagFromBaghdad, I don’t want you to think I’m stumped … agitated … or any emotion besides humored.

Right, there is a point whereas when your image hasn't changed and you realize you won't be the world's sporting hub hoped to be and you stop the loss on investment.

Theses guys aren't stupid bro, stop acting like they can waste billions to hopefully.. hopefully make millions.

This will only last so long before it stops. I honestly hope the fighters make a killing off it while it last.

But to pretend what they are doing is remotely successful it's not. When the revenue isn't there and you are just blowing billions for being the cool kid in school it's gonna have to end sooner than later.

Hey, hopefully it does blow up that would be great for fighters, but you cannot keep putting on show after show and never make money, and you sure as hell aren't gonna do it for 20 years hoping at that point you make something back

You don't seem to understand this a long term goal, they don't have the same end goal as simply making a return on their investment immediately. Manchester city are only making a return now on the investment, psg still not yet both of those projects are 10yrs in or so. If the country is known as a sporting capital and for producing the biggest events and tourism increases then its a success. That's the end goal.

The amount they may have lost on fury vs Francis is a rain drop in comparison to what's being lost on football at the moment. They are paying neymar and ronaldo 7 figures to make Instagram posts to promote the tourism in Saudi Arabia.

I'm not saying its going to work it may be that in couple yrs time they cut their loses and stop all the big sporting events. However they seem to think these events will change public perception of the country and all of this is state sponsored.

The unemployed fatso’s and rectum of the world called USA is a huge audience and were still sleeping at 10am unfortunately.

fight is during the day in the states and it is between a brit and cameroon fighter

not really a surprise that it didnt do well in the states but the world is bigger than america

Nothing wrong with that, Is Dana a scumbag, ruthless and cutthroat when it comes business and running the UFC, yes that is fact. Does he do and say some outlandish shit, that’s true also. It’s understandable.

I get called a shill all the time because it seems from my posts I’m all in on defending the UFC, I’m
actually neutral when it comes to Dana & the UFC or I just don’t care enough about the fighters as most of them are doing better than 80% of the population.

I just find it weird when the haters put all their time in hating on a product, yet will watch & gloat about illegally streaming events and do nothing really to support the same fighters they fake to be so passionate about other than talking about it.

x2

I have literally seen idiots post on here about streaming, not purchasing ppv etc, then cry about fighter pay?

I personally don't give a shit what they earn. 10K?? 10m??
Makes no difference to me

While the controversial split-decision stole headlines worldwide, the build to Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou wasn't enough to convince people to shell out the $79.99 for the bout.

According to recent reports, the bout, which resulted in a split-decision victory for Fury, would by far be one of the biggest busts when it comes to PPV purchases for U.S. residents.

"As far as U.S. interest goes, while there was interest after the fight as Google searches for the weekend had it second behind only the death of Matthew Perry, but as a PPV it bombed. Television PPV buys were about 11,500. We were told a 56,000 figure streaming on ESPN+. Obviously that figure I can’t double check but the television buying figure we have first-hand strongly accurate numbers on it. It was ahead of what the KSI vs. Tommy Fury and Logan Paul vs. Dillon Danis fight did on U.S. television PPV. These fights may have done substantially better in the U.K. where Tyson Fury, Tommy Fury and KSI are far bigger celebrities. As far as the Ngannou television PPV buyers, 24.3 percent also bought Canelo Alvarez’s fight with Jermell Charlo, 4.8 percent bought the Logan Paul fight, and 1.2 percent bought AEW WrestleDream. Because most WWE buyers watch on Peacock, you can’t make a comparison that is fair past of the WWE actual PPV buyers for Fastlane on television 1.1 percent purchased the Ngannou-Fury fight. But as far as television PPV buys, this show was slightly below (may end up about the same or slightly head) WWE Fastlane for buyers through cable television or satellite providers, even with Fastlane having most of its viewers on Peacock and not buying it."

Not only does 11,500 domestic PPV buys seem low, but it would also easily be the lowest numbers either Fury or Ngannou have ever garnered when headlining a PPV event.

https://www.mmanews.com/news/report...ou-apparently-bombed-in-terms-of-u-s-ppv-buys
Mostly because of the Conor/Mayweather farce, no one was going to drop money on a fight they considered to be a joke.

Ngannou can now have his pick of opponents, having given the undisputed HW best of this era his toughest fight, and there will be a LOT more interest going forward. For everyone talking about how he fucked up by not taking it up the ass from Dana, he proved everyone wrong.

x2

I have literally seen idiots post on here about streaming, not purchasing ppv etc, then cry about fighter pay?

The most hilarious bit is Shertards screeching about shills when folks like DC and Sonnen defend the ufc, as they are supposed to per their job. Take guys like Sean too. Taking the UFC side benefits him and more power to him.
They're making money. Isnt that what sherdog wants?

The ppv started at like 11 am on the west coast in North America lol of course it did shit numbers

First reply is all that was needed.

Time was stupid if you cared about PPV

It was so easy to stream the main event, google hot links literally had it #2 LMAO

The most hilarious bit is Shertards screeching about shills when folks like DC and Sonnen defend the ufc, as they are supposed to per their job. Take guys like Sean too. Taking the UFC side benefits him and more power to him.
They're making money. Isnt that what sherdog wants?

They are employees and I agree fully
DC, O'malley etc have done well with the ufc

Why would they shit on their own nest??

That "death of Matthew Perry" made me jump a little

I read it as Mike Perry

Platinum still going strong and Friends suck

<MikeP1>

x2

it is strange how so many 'fans' are so eager to advocate for fighters getting the bag (god that shit sounds so stupid) to the point that they'd rather miss out on the best fights out of spite for dana. all of that virtue signaling yet they didn't support big frank for shit lol.

They are employees and I agree fully
DC, O'malley etc have done well with the ufc

Why would they shit on their own nest??
I chalk this up to the fact that folks here have no idea how contracts work. Duty of loyalty and good faith are super standard and yes, even for independent contractors.
Imagine a shertard as a manager. The fighter would go broke in a month flat and sued in every forum. <45>

it is strange how so many 'fans' are so eager to advocate for fighters getting the bag (god that shit sounds so stupid) to the point that they'd rather miss out on the best fights out of spite for dana. all of that virtue signaling yet they didn't support big frank for shit lol.

Yep, the more fighters are paid? The less likely fights get made and also cards become major diluted

There's a reason when boxing puts on a big fight, that the undercard is lacklustre compared to the UFC

Once the headliners are paid, there isn't enough to go around to stack a card

Rematch would hit

A rematch would 100% do better. Now Ngannou has had his name built up in boxing credit. The entire first fight is a perfect promotion for a second fight.

Just give a fire co-main and we’re cooking w/ gas and oil.

Saudis fumbled the bag
I don't think they give half a shit about American money. We could be wiped off the map and they would probably make a holiday out of it. They make hundreds of millions a day off of oil. Only poor people with a tiny bag have to worry about fumbling it.

He had ONE knockdown, Assclown. Please don’t stalk me on every thread, YellowDragQueen. Please do show me the second knockdown or get off my nuts.

I don’t have to swallow a damn thing, Betty! Fury is the champion of a weak division, and you all are making a big deal out of a division in which Ruiz, Wilder, and AJ are big names and are all flawed. Fury and Usyk are 35 & 36 and only one has actually beat somebody (Fury v Klitschko). Since you’re my Sherdog stalker, find one post where I claim Fury or the current Heavyweights are well rounded fighters (besides two of them being literally well rounded, pudgy fighters)?

That judge who scored it for Francis was wrong. Timothy Bradley thought he beat Pacquiao when everybody else knew better. What if Timothy Bradley was wrong?

Francis won 3,8, and the round in which Fury landed the elbow. He was out-pointed with the jab the entire night. ESPN & CBS sports both had Fury winning the fight and neither saw a 2nd Knock Down, Assclown.
How did Fury win rounds where he threw more and landed less than Francis? lol by all accounts of the very flawed scoring of boxing, there is no argument Fury won those rounds since all that matters is landing more punches or landing at higher percentages, in which Francis did both in rounds you didn't even give him.......

Back