News Ngannou/Joshua flops even worse than Ngannou/Fury

yeah thats just US, that doesnt matter. the UK is the main market and frankly the fight likely lost money cause Saudi's dont care. They want to be the attraction and that means burning money so be it.

PPV buyrate in the USA was low, not a surprise. They were mostly marketing towards Asia and the Middle East.
The PPV model is kind of becoming outdated anyway with streaming being so prominent. Are there any numbers for streaming at all?

AJ’s face in that pic looks like he just caught a whiff of a stinky fart Ngannou just let loose and he’s out for revenge.

I don't think the saudis put this event on thinking there was a chance in hell they would make money on it.

Love the cope excuses to avoid facing the fact that Frank dropped the bag.
I'm not understanding the bag thinking.

Didn't he get like $30 million for two fights? Granted he lost all memory from the first half of his life in the AJ fight but that's a lot of money

These fluffed up numbers are getting shadier by the minute… it’s obvious that Ngannou is not a draw.

Even less now after getting his head knocked into orbit.

It did better numbers than I expected! Good job, Big Francis!

Before paying his coach, camp, and taxes. <lmao>

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic...

Cut that amount in half and it's still more than what Francis would have earned in MMA for two fights, never mind that he *still* will have options in boxing for bigger-than-MMA pay days.

francis-ngannou-was-knocked-out-cold.jpg

Saudis don’t care about PPV buys. It’s sports washing. They aren’t going to sell crap because of the time zone and the A side of the fight being from the UK

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic...

Cut that amount in half and it's still more than what Francis would have earned in MMA for two fights, never mind that he *still* will have options in boxing for bigger-than-MMA pay days.

Even being 0-2, badly outclassed and KO'ed, and drawing <5k PPV buys?

UFC! UFC! UFC! Dana White! Dana White! Dana White!

Back