Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I thought Rungrawee won the second round before that, the first one was definitely for tekreeti. He did get the clinch but its not like he did much with it in the beginning of the third
I love the guys heart, but he looked pretty sloppy in there. Swinging wild punches while getting kicked and clinched. He makes it work though so I cant bash him.

I love the guys heart, but he looked pretty sloppy in there. Swinging wild punches while getting kicked and clinched. He makes it work though so I cant bash him.
True but the other guy was just as sloppy so I mean rung hit more shots rd 2 thats why I thought he won the round

I knew it. Finally they match rodtang up with superlek and they put it for the kickboxing title when they are muaythai fighters. I don't know if its Rodtang not wanting to fight superlek under those rules or ONE protecting their cash cow but its shameful. The casual fans already have rodtang up on a huge pedestal for beating guys he was supposed to beat and not many people under the insta post are questioning why this isn't for the muaythai title. They don't understand the difference between kickboxing and muaythai. Rodtang has a better style for kickboxing and if he wins many will see it as him being the better fighter. It's not like Rodtang couldn't beat Superlek under ONE's style of muaythai fights. Its under the stadium settings that we know superlek would win but he has a decent chance under ONEs muaythai.

Edit: It seems like I've been blocked from posting on ONE's insta. I didn't say anything bad. Just asked why it's not under muaythai rules.

I knew it. Finally they match rodtang up with superlek and they put it for the kickboxing title when they are muaythai fighters. I don't know if its Rodtang not wanting to fight superlek under those rules or ONE protecting their cash cow but its shameful. The casual fans already have rodtang up on a huge pedestal for beating guys he was supposed to beat and not many people under the insta post are questioning why this isn't for the muaythai title. They don't understand the difference between kickboxing and muaythai. Rodtang has a better style for kickboxing and if he wins many will see it as him being the better fighter. It's not like Rodtang couldn't beat Superlek under ONE's style of muaythai fights. Its under the stadium settings that we know superlek would win but he has a decent chance under ONEs muaythai.

Edit: It seems like I've been blocked from posting on ONE's insta. I didn't say anything bad. Just asked why it's not under muaythai rules.

Yeah having it as a kickboxing match is clearly because they believe rodtang has a better chance in kickboxing which i would probably agree with. This just seems stupid to me. Instead of them fighting in a sport in which they have both been competing for nearly 20 years lets have a kickboxing match. Its like having crawford vs spence except they can only use one hand.

Also haggerty came in 3 pounds over weight in his first fight at bantamweight and only won a majority decision over a not particularly high ranked guy in a close fight. He also pulled out of two fights before that. I don't think he deserves this.
Nong-o is the clear favourite but anything cam happen in a fight.

I was excited for all of three seconds before I read that it was a Kickboxing fight. ONE's promotional decisions don't make sense to me sometimes.

I don't like Superlek in kickboxing. He is explosive but his frame is a bit too small to have serious power. He can win on points but in order to do so he needs to outland the opponent by a significant margin. If Supelek lands just slightly more shots, it's probably a win for the opponent.

Seeing Superlek in KB against guys who are kickboxers is actually pretty fun for me, the problem with this fight is he is facing another nak muay. I also suspect the reasoning is they think Rodtang has a better chance of winning, but Im not sure that holds up to scrutiny. Neither guy is much of an elbow guy, and Rodtang loses a significant ability to inflict damage with the small gloves. You can tell the body shots especially are just so much more damaging. So then maybe the logic is that the clinch will be broken faster and the scoring will favor aggressive punching more? Well that falls apart too, because most ONE MT fights have fast breaks, refs constantly nagging for action, and judging that seems very MMA/KB inspired or at the very least entertainment MT. Perhaps the true motive is that if Rodtang loses they can keep him as champion and just brush it off as him bravely trying to jump into a KB title fight too hastily and almost winning anyways.

One nice thing about ONE though is the typical K-1/Glory point deductions dont seem to be much of a factor, so in a weird twist of irony it might even be slightly better. Its almost like we will get a MT fight where they just have a gentlemans agreement not to elbow.

the biggest difference between the rulesets for this fight is it takes away superleks ability to throw a quick shot and immediately tie up. he is one of the few guys left who really can utilize the clinch in Muaythai to keep from taking the big shots or repeated combinations. That is why the refs keep warning him and took away a point in his last fight

Yeah having it as a kickboxing match is clearly because they believe rodtang has a better chance in kickboxing which i would probably agree with. This just seems stupid to me. Instead of them fighting in a sport in which they have both been competing for nearly 20 years lets have a kickboxing match. Its like having crawford vs spence except they can only use one hand.
Also Rodtang defended the title 1 time in last two years against Lasiri…

Last edited:
This was obviously One/Chatri's plan the whole time to get Rodtang a kickboxing title.

I don't like Superlek in kickboxing. He is explosive but his frame is a bit too small to have serious power. He can win on points but in order to do so he needs to outland the opponent by a significant margin. If Supelek lands just slightly more shots, it's probably a win for the opponent.
Agreed, probably what the promoters were thinking.

Back