News ONE Fight Night 21: Regian Eersel vs Alexis Nicolas set for Fri. April 5 (Prime Video)

Who wins?

• Alexis Nicolas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happening this Friday!

Regian Eersel, one of the very best -77kg Kickboxers in the world, will make his long awaited return to the sport of Kickboxing following a 23-month absence (in which he also captured the ONE Muay Thai world championship, defending that belt 2 times).

‘The Immortal’ is arguably the most accomplished champion in ONE Championship history, holding multiple records including being the first person to defend belts in two sports, the only person to defend them multiple times, most title defenses in Kickboxing, and the longest superseries reign.

This Friday, he will attempt to make his fifth ONE Kickboxing -77kg world title defense against the undefeated Alexis Nicolas in the main-event of ONE Fight Night 21 on April 5.

large_Eersel_Alexis_8452075a7b.webp

The Surinamese-Dutch fighter captured the belt with a five-round decision triumph over Dutch legend + former GLORY Welterweight champion Nieky Holzken, before notching four consecutive title defenses against Holzken, Mustapha Haida, Islam Murtazaev, and Arian Sadiković, after which he furthermore also captured and twice defended the ONE Lightweight Muay Thai championship against Sinsamut Klinmee and Dmitry Menshikov, having run out of challengers in Kickboxing at the Asian promotion.
Regian Eersel also holds notable victories over the likes of Brad Riddell, Sergej Braun, Jo Nattawut and Jamal Yusupov.

The man who'll welcome him back to the sport, Alexis Nicolas, is arguably the best fighter to cross over to Kickboxing from Savate since Anissa Meksen (former GLORY champion).
A promotional newcomer, the French-Algerian Nicolas earned his shot at the title with a decision win over fellow prospect Magomed Magomedov two months ago.

Despite some early reports suggesting Bogdan Shumarov would be the one to fight Eersel, it seems to the Bulgarian was forced out of the championship contest, which earned the Frenchman such an opportunity this early in his career.
Nicolas recently announced that he signed a two-year deal with the promotion, so it makes sense for the aspiring challenger to step up.

The co-main event will be a Submission Grappling world championship match between Tye Ruotolo and Izaak Michell.

Stats:

Full Fightcard:

Highlights of Regian Eersel:

Alexis Nicolas’ ONE-debut / last fight:

Absolutely insane that ONE has two big cards on the same day.

The morning card is arguably even better.

Di Bella missed hydration, got stripped, and the bout was cancelled.

How did y’all score the fight?

Rounds 1,2, and 5 for Nicolas, pretty clear win as far as I'm concerned. Eersel had a strong finish in round 1 but that's not enough to make up for being solidly outpointed for the first 2.5 minutes. Round 5 was close but once again Eersel got outpointed, this is not MMA, you don't win a round just because you're going forward.

Eersel won 3-4 rounds but Nicolas won under ONE rules since there are no draws, the KD won
Rounds 1,2, and 5 for Nicolas, pretty clear win as far as I'm concerned. Eersel had a strong finish in round 1 but that's not enough to make up for being solidly outpointed for the first 2.5 minutes. Round 5 was close but once again Eersel got outpointed, this is not MMA, you don't win a round just because you're going forward.
It was a close fight no matter how you looked at it.
I’m 100% down for a rematch and believe Eersel definitely deserves one after the impressive run he’s been on:

It was a close fight no matter how you looked at it.
I’m 100% down for a rematch and believe Eersel definitely deserves one after the impressive run he’s been on:

But in all honesty I would like to see both guys compete in GLORY’s Welterweight-division, which has way tougher competition. Let’s see who’s the best 170-pounder of the world!
What do you guys think? Imagine Eersel vs Semeleer :cool:

But in all honesty I would like to see both guys compete in GLORY’s Welterweight-division, which has way tougher competition. Let’s see who’s the best 170-pounder of the world!
What do you guys think? Imagine Eersel vs Semeleer :cool:
Oh man I think Eersel gets hurt badly by Semeleer; I've always felt like he has been massively overrated. His best wins are from an old Nieky Holzken and catching Dmitry Menshikov with a left in small glove Muay Thai. I felt like he lost to Arian Sadikovic as well, and ofc there is the loss against a relative nobody in Alexis Nicolas. Idk, I've just always thought he is not as good as he is often hyped up to be

Oh man I think Eersel gets hurt badly by Semeleer; I've always felt like he has been massively overrated. His best wins are from an old Nieky Holzken and catching Dmitry Menshikov with a left in small glove Muay Thai. I felt like he lost to Arian Sadikovic as well, and ofc there is the loss against a relative nobody in Alexis Nicolas. Idk, I've just always thought he is not as good as he is often hyped up to be
I think it would be a close fight man, that’s why I want to see it.
You reckon Endy would finish Regian, or outclass him?

I think it would be a close fight man, that’s why I want to see it.
You reckon Endy would finish Regian, or outclass him?
Yep, I think Endy would finish him or pick him apart. To be clear, I don't think Regian is a bad fighter by any means, I've just never seen him match the hype he has always had. I could see him in Glory's top five or top ten at WW for sure

Agree with all of this.

Back