Reason Conor hasent defended a belt?

Whatever you need to get through the night. "Shred Conor with leg kicks" lol. Do you even watch this sport?
Yep. Remeber when Aldo sent Faber to the hospital because his leg was literally black from all of the leg kicks he took? I do.

Conor is looking up, not down. The only purpose fighting Aldo again has is to satisfy the wants of those that can't accept that Aldo got wrecked. I love Aldo, but the fight doesn't make sense when you look at the opportunities ahead of McGregor.
So you are basically saying that Conor getting a rematch with Nate Diaz is more justifiable than Aldo getting a rematch with Conor? Nice.

Don't care dude. Aldo ducked their first fight, Conor fought for belt against Chad and won. Aldo was his first defense.

_Deal_with_it_dog.gif
He defended the interim belt? So he never had the real belt????

Aldo is clearly not on Conor's level. Conor dissected him mentally, analyzed his game perfectly, and destroyed him in what was he easiest fight of his UFC career.

You only want a rematch to cling on to the faint hope that, somehow, Aldo can beat McGregor. Good luck with that one.
You're right. The 9 title defenses mean nothing and he will get knocked out in 13 sec every fight which is why Conor chose not to give him another shot at the belt. Forfeit instead.

Exactly.

These butthurt idiots don't understand that beating the champion in each division and taking their belt away from them is worth more than any amount of title defenses.
Worth more monetarily.
Worthless "belt" won off a gift wrapped TS.

First off this post is coming from a nut hugger that thinks conor is currently one of the best P4P fighters. I love him. With that being said, I'm trying to find the real reason he refuses to defend. Especially against a guy like Aldo he beat already? If I were him, I already know I beat him, I'll just do it again. I also killed Eddie alverez with ease so why not just announce the date you will defend the LW belt? Is he afraid to lose a belt? Or has he become so rich that he just doesnt care to play the UFC game that champs have to defend? I honestly think it's the money. His net worth is more than any MMA fighter including Ronda, so now's he's at the point where he wants to keep making more. The Mayweather fight is a prime example.
Well, over the past year, he brought in more PPV's than any fighter in history. Money got like 10x the amount Conor did for pulling in the same amount of PPV's. Why would Conor want to work for pennies when he could make dollars?

Plus, other fighters dont have the bargaining power that Conor does. The UFC is planning on netting 100 million each year, so they can atleast pay off their yearly debt. UFC did like 75M in 2014 and 150M in 2015. Without Conor fighting on the reg, the UFC is fooked and he knows that. If they want to keepn the ship afloat, they need the man. If Conor wasn't bringing in 1.7M PPV's per card and was bringing in 500K, he wouldn't be sitting; he knows his price tag and is demanding his worth.

In reality, Conor may make the most money but he is probably the most underpaid athlete in all of sports when looking at money generated vs money paid. Tom Brady, Lebron, PacMan, Kovalev, Canelo, you name the elite athlete and they all get paid roughly 50-50. Conor is making like 10% on every dollar an that is pathetic. He is a whale swimming with minnows when it comes to his UFC fellow fighters. Conor fighting and not fighting is the difference between the UFC being able to pay 'dat rent' or sinking and taking WME w/ it too.

why defend when you can move up to grab more belts?

haters are so dumb sometimes.
Well, if your MM and compete in the shallowest division since Royce as fighting, then the reason for defending against tomato cans so often is to make a claim to the P4P #1 fighter. I really think MM's best wins (Benavediz and Dodson) would be the equivalent to Conor continually beating Lamas and Stephens. Can you imagine the shit Conor would get if he won the title and four of his defenses were against Lamas and Stephens, mixed in with some defenses against Siver, Kawajiri, Faber, Fili and Ortega?

I think the whole complaint about him never defending a belt will only be truly validated if he doesn't defend his LW Title in his next fight (which I think he certainly will.)

He never intended to stick at FW because it was the UFC that persuaded him to compete there in the first place. He was supposed to fight RDA for the Lightweight Title next, but then he got injured and Diaz stepped in (it should be said that Aldo was given the first invitation to step up and take RDA's place, which completely contradicts the notion that Conor is "afraid" of defending belts) and he upset Conor. McGregor then decided to rematch Diaz and avenge that loss, since that was more important to him than defending a belt that he could always defend later, which I agree with. And after going through that, he then went back to his original plans of trying to capture the LW Championship - which he did - and that brings us to where we are now.

RDA's injury and the Diaz situation are the main reasons for prolonging any possible title defenses, but given he just won the Lightweight Title and has been stripped of the FW belt, whoever he chooses to face in his next fight will determine whether he really is ducking defending a title or not. I personally see him faacing either Khabib or Ferguson next, and then most of you idiotic Shertards who think you have it all figured out will look stupid once again.

It's obvious...he's scared to lose the belt - he's just a manlet without it.

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.

This. But on the flip side of this this ALWAYS keeps him hungry and there is ALWAYS something to gain. Where as actually defending your title multiple times against the best in your division, you have to be in a totally different mindset and thats where many of the questions lie for me.Your e not going for something anymore people are coming for your shit. Any champ in history will tell you its harder to defend the title because that hunger to get there goes.

Yep. Remeber when Aldo sent Faber to the hospital because his leg was literally black from all of the leg kicks he took? I do.

Remember when Faber was ever even remotely similar to Conor as a fighter? I don't.

You're right. The 9 title defenses mean nothing and he will get knocked out in 13 sec every fight which is why Conor chose not to give him another shot at the belt. Forfeit instead.

Conor chose not to give Aldo a rematch because Aldo is not worth his time.

Aldo is one of the best fighters of all time. No one can take that away from him. But that doesn't change the fact that he's not on Conor's level.

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.
moving up does not always mean a more difficult fight. Id say aldo or frankie are tougher fights then alveraz for example. its definitly less risk to not defend the belt tho

First off this post is coming from a nut hugger that thinks conor is currently one of the best P4P fighters. I love him. With that being said, I'm trying to find the real reason he refuses to defend. Especially against a guy like Aldo he beat already? If I were him, I already know I beat him, I'll just do it again. I also killed Eddie alverez with ease so why not just announce the date you will defend the LW belt? Is he afraid to lose a belt? Or has he become so rich that he just doesnt care to play the UFC game that champs have to defend? I honestly think it's the money. His net worth is more than any MMA fighter including Ronda, so now's he's at the point where he wants to keep making more. The mayweather fight is a prime example.

champions get PPV money

its a scummy, if shrewd, move by the midget

Conor chose not to give Aldo a rematch because Aldo is not worth his time.

Aldo is one of the best fighters of all time. No one can take that away from him. But that doesn't change the fact that he's not on Conor's level.

the correct counterpoint is cain vs jds. junior bodied cain in his second fastest ufc victory. guess cain is just not on juniors level

the only reason aldo never got a rematch is that the ufc are greedy

hes more into marketing than into fighting

Aldo not in Connors level? Pullleease.
Lets have the rematch then..Aldo wont be caught out next time. Nate shouldnt have been a greedy prick then and not granted Connor a rematch cos obviously at the time Connor wasnt on his level..

moving up does not always mean a more difficult fight. Id say aldo or frankie are tougher fights then alveraz for example. its definitly less risk to not defend the belt tho

Did you say that before the fight? I doubt it.

Back