Reason Conor hasent defended a belt?

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.

I wouldn't say they were all tougher. Most would say rematching Aldo and Holloway or fighting Frankie are all tougher fights that Nate Diaz or Eddie Alverez.

I wouldn't say they were all tougher. Most would say rematching Aldo and Holloway or fighting Frankie are all tougher fights that Nate Diaz or Eddie Alverez.

Nate was a replacement fight after Aldo turned down the rematch. And for the rematch there was literally no one that was saying Aldo was a toughter fight for Conor than Nate II. Conor was universally picked to lose that fight. Nearly the same with Alvarez.

He's legitimately taking a deserved break. 2016 was a BS year. 2 champions pulled out of fights a few weeks before, and he was given completely different fighters as a result. I think he's earned the right to fight whoever he wants next.

I don't think most would say that all all, considering he already beat Aldo and Holloway handily and had lost to Diaz before he fought him the second time.

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.

What a load of sh!t? CW was/is just a weak ass fight org and needz not be mentioned, wtf was so difficult about a 13second fight??? The 1st real challenge he had was with short camp Mendes and at WW where he tapped out, Conor had to train backwards to gain the skillz to eek out a **majority** decision win to the guy he tapped out too. Then he fights Eddie for the belt, again where was the difficulty in that? Each and every fight he took were predictable save for Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, Eddie don't even get a mention for that weak soup performance.

TO TS, Conor is a chaser he chases titles, fame, & history, any defending Champ will tell you it's far easier to chase titles than defend one you can pick a path and pad your way to a belt, but once you have that belt there is no guided path it's just "Who's Next"..? But now that he's at the top he still wants to pick & choose his fights, which is just wrong you the champ and fight who's next.

Conor would rather lose a belt than to fight a guy he beat in 13seconds, why? Because he knows that one trick is gone and he will be facing a guy who's far more skilled mma fighter who won't be fooled again. Even this maternity leave is cover to avoid defending that belt against real next up fighters Khabib/Ferguson and the reason why we still hear Nate's name being brought up in his inner circle.

How does one defend an interim title they got a handful of months ago against the undisputed champion?

If that fight was to unify the belt (which IS how the UFC frames those fights) then he defended his belt. Plus Aldo was a fake champion in my personal book - having ducked so many fights only to get them rebooked under favorable conditions. He and cyborg are just alike in that regard

connor is a conqueror

he likes to achieve new big goals

defending means doing the same thing everyone does

he´s different

Well, it does kinda sound that Conor simply doesn't want to fight. He kinda lost his passion after Aldo. Which is not good cause he can be p4p#1-#2 for years to come. Oh, well.

If that fight was to unify the belt (which IS how the UFC frames those fights) then he defended his belt. Plus Aldo was a fake champion in my personal book - having ducked so many fights only to get them rebooked under favorable conditions. He and cyborg are just alike in that regard

Absolutely nowhere is that recorded as a title defense. Nowhere.

The interim champ cannot "defend" against the real champ. The interim title holder is the challenger in that situation. If victorious, the real champ is credited with a title defense.

Absolutely nowhere is that recorded as a title defense. Nowhere.

The interim champ cannot "defend" against the real champ. The interim title holder is the challenger in that situation. If victorious, the real champ is credited with a title defense.

You say tomato...

Go look through my posts before the fight. I literally said he was gonna clown eddie because his striking was on a completely different level. Would look like Silva vs Griffin.
Hugger on hugger combat? Im with it. Fight to the death. Both your deaths.

First off this post is coming from a nut hugger that thinks conor is currently one of the best P4P fighters. I love him. With that being said, I'm trying to find the real reason he refuses to defend. Especially against a guy like Aldo he beat already? If I were him, I already know I beat him, I'll just do it again. I also killed Eddie alverez with ease so why not just announce the date you will defend the LW belt? Is he afraid to lose a belt? Or has he become so rich that he just doesnt care to play the UFC game that champs have to defend? I honestly think it's the money. His net worth is more than any MMA fighter including Ronda, so now's he's at the point where he wants to keep making more. The mayweather fight is a prime example.

Why do people keep making this a fear thing? Or a refusal thing?

He won the FW title and immediately took on a bigger challenge. He got derailed by Diaz before he could get the LW title.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Seriously. If you're a fan of his, why can't you wrap your mind around the idea that he wanted two belts?

why defend when you can move up to grab more belts?

haters are so dumb sometimes.
Its dumb and hating to want a champ to prove he is able to beat the rest of the division and he didnt handpick or get lucky? You're fucking stupid.

Back