Reason Conor hasent defended a belt?

Just pointing out, Conor basically attributed the first loss to Nate as a fluke, due to a new weight class against a different opponent, via his public persona, where as in the gym he was working his ass off to fix the mistake. I imagine Aldo is doing the same.

Also, why would Aldo change his formula against Frankie if it worked so well the first time? I'd even say it worked better the second time.

Conor is a great fighter. Aldo is a great fighter. You just give one too much credit and the other too little.

Conor didn't really call it a fluke, though. He said "I was not efficient with my energy" which was the primary reason why he lost. He attributed the loss to mistakes he made, and fixed them (albeit barely) to get a win. Aldo, on the other hand, has been in denial about his loss since day 1. That is why I believe there is a stark difference between the two of them when it comes to rematches.

In regards to Aldo changing his formula for Frankie...he certainly didn't have to as he, again, proved he is superior to Edgar. If he had emphatically finished Frankie, I think maybe he could have been in a better position at a rematch, but honestly who knows. My main point is that I personally did not see anything in that Frankie fight that changes my opinion on how he matches up with Conor.

I give Aldo plenty of credit. He is, literally, among the top 5 best fighters of all time as far as I'm concerned. I simply think Conor is better, and a particularly terrible match up for Jose himself.

Conor didn't really call it a fluke, though. He said "I was not efficient with my energy" which was the primary reason why he lost. He attributed the loss to mistakes he made, and fixed them (albeit barely) to get a win. Aldo, on the other hand, has been in denial about his loss since day 1. That is why I believe there is a stark difference between the two of them when it comes to rematches.

In regards to Aldo changing his formula for Frankie...he certainly didn't have to as he, again, proved he is superior to Edgar. If he had emphatically finished Frankie, I think maybe he could have been in a better position at a rematch, but honestly who knows. My main point is that I personally did not see anything in that Frankie fight that changes my opinion on how he matches up with Conor.

I give Aldo plenty of credit. He is, literally, among the top 5 best fighters of all time as far as I'm concerned. I simply think Conor is better, and a particularly terrible match up for Jose himself.

Actually, the reason that he primarily cited was that he was facing a MUCH larger man, which we know isn't true.

I believe Conor should be the favorite in a rematch, and I believe he matches up well with Aldo, but, truthfully, we are wasting one of the most interesting talents in UFC history by matching him up against historically irrelevant fighters.

He fought 3 pointless fights this year, two in the wrong weight class against a high level gatekeeper and one against the worst LW champion in UFC history. Aldo is simply a more interesting fight on a technical level than either of those. GSP looked great after his loss, Conor looked great after his loss, Cruz looked great after his loss, but we're not going to give Aldo the same opportunity to show improvement?

That reeks of BS and protection to me. High risk/Low reward fight for Conor, and that's why he'd never take it.

Conor chose not to give Aldo a rematch because Aldo is not worth his time.

Aldo is one of the best fighters of all time. No one can take that away from him. But that doesn't change the fact that he's not on Conor's level.
Ignorance

He said Nate hit the lottery with that win. Basically calling it a fluke

So basically you are saying that you are waiting to see a rematch with Conor to decide if Aldo was in his prime or not? Beating Frankie again wasn't enough to make that call? You want to see if Aldo loses to Conor (again) and then say "Yep. Not in his prime." Or if Aldo wins then "Yeah, he's still in his prime and the best!"

Sorry, seems weak as shit to me. Everyone knows Aldo is a P4P elite and very much still in his prime.

I'll tell you what, Payne, come find me if this rematch ever happens. I'd love to make a friendly wager with you on the outcome.

NO, not what I'm saying that at all I don't know where you jump to such grand conclusions? Damn right I wanna see a rematch because I wanna see a fight like 99.9% of the people that bought the ppv or stormed sports bar to watch that 13second KO after a year and a half of hype.

I notice you like to pick wordz or sentences and twist them to suit your own narrative or argument. I never disputed Aldo being P4P I was mocking both you & McGregor, McGregor who for all intense purposes called Aldo a has been before their fight. But after the win Aldo was P4P the greatest which makes Conor look great beating a P4P rather than a beat up weathered fighter which Conor described.

That was merely my point, where you got all that other sh!t is you once again twisting wordz & sentences to suit your argument.

NO, not what I'm saying that at all I don't know where you jump to such grand conclusions? Damn right I wanna see a rematch because I wanna see a fight like 99.9% of the people that bought the ppv or stormed sports bar to watch that 13second KO after a year and a half of hype.

I notice you like to pick wordz or sentences and twist them to suit your own narrative or argument. I never disputed Aldo being P4P I was mocking both you & McGregor, McGregor who for all intense purposes called Aldo a has been before their fight. But after the win Aldo was P4P the greatest which makes Conor look great beating a P4P rather than a beat up weathered fighter which Conor described.

That was merely my point, where you got all that other sh!t is you once again twisting wordz & sentences to suit your argument.

You said you don't know if Aldo was in his prime when he fought Conor, which is why you want to see the rematch. I'm not twisting anything, simply addressing what you said.

And you did see a fight, it was just a very short one because Aldo couldn't cut it.

What about it is ignorant? Sorry I don't live in fantasy land where Conor has t already laid waste to Aldo.
Conor knocked out Aldo (9 title defense champ) in 13 sec. Doesn't ever offer a shot at the belt again even though he said "we can do it again" after the fight. Then goes on to give up in his next fight while Aldo fought the next contender.
Yet instead of fighting the interim champ he forfeits his belt. You call it Aldo not worth his time. I call it Conor forfeit his FW belt and claims he is still the champ in both classes.

Guess GSP is still the WW champ

Conor knocked out Aldo (9 title defense champ) in 13 sec. Doesn't ever offer a shot at the belt again even though he said "we can do it again" after the fight. Then goes on to give up in his next fight while Aldo fought the next contender.
Yet instead of fighting the interim champ he forfeits his belt. You call it Aldo not worth his time. I call it Conor forfeit his FW belt and claims he is still the champ in both classes.

Guess GSP is still the WW champ

What does any of this have to do with what you quoted me on?

Fighting Aldo is a waste of Conor's time. He has moved on to bigger things.

What does any of this have to do with what you quoted me on?

Fighting Aldo is a waste of Conor's time. He has moved on to bigger things.
Yet his team is talking like Nate and Hollaway are the next best contenders. Bigger better things huh?

Yet his team is talking like Nate and Hollaway are the next best contenders. Bigger better things huh?

They want Nate because he is the biggest payday. It's that simple.

If Conor fights Nate again right away I will be the first to say count me as one of the disappointed.

I believe he will return and defend his LW belt against Khabib/Ferg. We'll see.

In regards to Holloway...I'd rather see Conor fight Max than fight Aldo. More interesting to me. Also rather see Aldo fight Max than Conor for the same reason.

I don't like examples that are lazy and pulled out of someone ass to try and justify a stupid position. And you obviously are the one who hasn't watched Aldo's fights if you think that is any way uncharacteristic of him when he fights strikers.

LOL at the last Frankie fight. You have to be joking. You think Aldo's path to success is to just sit there and wait for a bigger, stronger, faster, more accurate and talented striker like McGregor (as opposed to Frankie) make mistakes in engaging and win a unanimous decision? You think Conor is going to go reeling backwards after each exchange like Frankie does? Or flail take down attempts? You think Conor is going to hop around the cage and engage with pitter patter punches? Really?

Here is the problem with you guys. You simply refuse to acknowledge that Conor is a different animal than anyone Aldo has fought before. You think you can watch Aldo fight Frankie and thing shit like that is going to work. Just like before they fought people showing gifs of Aldo fighting Hominick, Florian, Mendes, etc... as if they are in any way remotely close to what Conor does in the cage.

Conor literally explains in great detail what he is going to do to Aldo. Literally practices the exact shot that defeats Jose in the locker room before the fight. Yet people like you want to act like none of that is in any way indicative of him being superior to Aldo because....JDS once beat Cain in a fight where Cain literally fought unlike he ever had in his career.

Makes no sense. Good day sir.

I think you make some good points however I also think you are missing some things.

Conor is a very different fighter than anyone Aldo has faced. But Aldo traditionally has shown great strength with making adjustments - imo I think that Aldo has the athleticism and fight IQ to make it an interesting rematch. You don't stay on top for as long as he has without as much. I will concede that Conor is a better puncher/boxer than Aldo - but as far as mma Aldo has more tools - obviously the question is whether or not Aldo can use those to overcome Conor's excellent standup. That's why I think a rematch could be interesting.

If Nate Diaz was champ and after beating Conor the first time decided to pursue other fights a lot of people would be questioning Conor's cardio/abilities right now as well.

They want Nate because he is the biggest payday. It's that simple.

If Conor fights Nate again right away I will be the first to say count me as one of the disappointed.

I believe he will return and defend his LW belt against Khabib/Ferg. We'll see.

In regards to Holloway...I'd rather see Conor fight Max than fight Aldo. More interesting to me. Also rather see Aldo fight Max than Conor for the same reason.
I don't think it really matters much which opponents Conor chooses for his payday to change. All the same numbers, just a way for him to pick and choose his opponents which is getting old at this point. Id like Conor vs any of them to be honest though as far as being excited for a fight.

First off this post is coming from a nut hugger that thinks conor is currently one of the best P4P fighters. I love him. With that being said, I'm trying to find the real reason he refuses to defend. Especially against a guy like Aldo he beat already? If I were him, I already know I beat him, I'll just do it again. I also killed Eddie alverez with ease so why not just announce the date you will defend the LW belt? Is he afraid to lose a belt? Or has he become so rich that he just doesnt care to play the UFC game that champs have to defend? I honestly think it's the money. His net worth is more than any MMA fighter including Ronda, so now's he's at the point where he wants to keep making more. The mayweather fight is a prime example.

Conor wants to make the most money he can, that´s smart.

That said, the Aldo fight proved nothing, Aldo made a amateur stupid rushed emotional move and paid for it.
Eddie Alvarez was other pro fighter making a stupid move, trying to outbox conor when he has been knocked down many times by much lesser fighters. He is a wrestler he should have stick to what he knows.

Khabib is a big LW wrestler from hell, and mini mendes who is a blown up BW that had no time to train was ragdolling him until he utterly gassed.

I believe he wants time to make mainstream money, train for Khabib or figure out a way to dodge khabib.

He doesn't need the belt anymore, with or without it he's too big of a draw, he will still demand PPV points and the money he's making. The UFC can't afford to lose him as a draw right now.
So you believe if he went to small leagues they instantly are the premier? How many stars have they let go? Conor is not bigger than UFC let alone MMA. You guys need to come back down.

Back