Reason Conor hasent defended a belt?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
First off this post is coming from a nut hugger that thinks conor is currently one of the best P4P fighters. I love him. With that being said, I'm trying to find the real reason he refuses to defend. Especially against a guy like Aldo he beat already? If I were him, I already know I beat him, I'll just do it again. I also killed Eddie alverez with ease so why not just announce the date you will defend the LW belt? Is he afraid to lose a belt? Or has he become so rich that he just doesnt care to play the UFC game that champs have to defend? I honestly think it's the money. His net worth is more than any MMA fighter including Ronda, so now's he's at the point where he wants to keep making more. The mayweather fight is a prime example.

It's more risky cause he could very well lose the belt in his division. If he moved up and loses, he could say he was too small for division.. or a boat load of excuses. That's exactly what happened when he fought Nate Diaz. He managed to fight 3 other times without defending and he made tons of money. It's better to move up and lose then it is to defend. I am not knocking the guy, he's smart.

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.

It's because he has always pursued a bigger challenge

Wins CW FW belt and fights for the LW belt.
Wins CW LW belt and fights for the UFC
Wins UFC FW belt and fights for the UFC LW belt
Wins UFC LW belt and.....

Each and every fight he took instead of a defense was more difficult than a defense. That said, I would rather he fight Khabib/Tony next instead of Woodley. I wouldn't hold it against him to fight Woodley, but I'd prefer he take on Khabib/Tony.
I get this post actually. If I were in the ufc at his level I would want to pursue bigger challenges. The only issue I have with this argument though is, for anyone who understands this sport, I think Aldo rematch was a harder challenge than Eddie. I knew the eddie fight was a mismatch from the beginning.

He has. When he KO'd Aldo he was already a champion

I get this post actually. If I were in the ufc at his level I would want to pursue bigger challenges. The only issue I have with this argument though is, for anyone who understands this sport, I think Aldo rematch was a harder challenge than Eddie. I knew the eddie fight was a mismatch from the beginning.

Well objectively Eddie was a more difficult fight seeing as Aldo was literally his easiest contest in the UFC. I don't think that Conor beats Aldo in 13 seconds again, but I also doubt it goes past the first unless Aldo runs the whole fight.

At the end of the day neither Eddie or Aldo are on Conor's level, but at the time I believe most people would have agreed that Eddie was the more difficult fight.

Well objectively Eddie was a more difficult fight seeing as Aldo was literally his easiest contest in the UFC. I don't think that Conor beats Aldo in 13 seconds again, but I also doubt it goes past the first unless Aldo runs the whole fight.

At the end of the day neither Eddie or Aldo are on Conor's level, but at the time I believe most people would have agreed that Eddie was the more difficult fight.
I agree that conor would stop aldo inside 1 round again. But thats my whole issue currently. I know he can, and he knows he can. So why not just do it again, make money from it, and never have Aldo's name mentioned again in his legacy.

He wanted 2 belts. He said this from the time he signed with the UFC. The whole Nate detour was because RDA pulled out.

Conor is very smart. He only takes fights where he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

When it comes to Conor, follow the money. When a potential title defense becomes the biggest money fight, that's when he'll defend. Until then, he'll chase the biggest dollars wherever they flow... welterweight, Nate, Russian bears, Floyd, who knows. Only certainly, is it will be dictated by dollars, not belts.

easy to say looking back.

I thought he would but that's because I'm a genius and a fight wizard. Most thought Eddie would give him a lot of trouble.

Or maybe he's afraid of losing leverage/belt
564_zps1b9234d5.gif

The weight cut to 145 was dangerous for him, especially in the long term. His coaches have said as much.

Also, the title fight at 155 was the bigger fight. I think he will defend now he has massive fights in the LW division.

Last edited:
Because Conner sells wolf tickets and you fucking idiots are still buying.

easy to say looking back.

I thought he would but that's because I'm a genius and a fight wizard. Most thought Eddie would give him a lot of trouble.
Go look through my posts before the fight. I literally said he was gonna clown eddie because his striking was on a completely different level. Would look like Silva vs Griffin.

You think he is the top P4P fighter?
He lost this year LMAO!!!

Because he knows that his skill set is too limited to be a dominant champ with 5+ wins, so he's trying to maximize his profit until he retires

why defend when you can move up to grab more belts?

haters are so dumb sometimes.

Back