Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

And other thing growing up as a kid, in addition to NOT buying 150 + of NIke Sneakers...especially Air Maxes...

I never saw the logic of buying a 14 dollar CD for one or two good songs...

there were a few exceptiosn of course, Smashing Pumkins Siamese Dream's entire album was great...

but most CD's only had one or 2 good songs...

my friends were always broke because they would shell out for this shit...

In my entire life time, I think I've purchased maybe 5 Albums on CD.

Bush Razorblade Suitcase
Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream.
Trainspotting Soundtrack.

How so exactly? Lord of the Flies was a group of kids that became stranded after a plane crash and slowly devolved from order into anarchy. Both Battle Royale and Hunger Games are kids being used for a Running Man type of survival competition
. Other than both having kids killing each other I don't see how they're close too similar.

Considering that's the major plot point of each story, are they really that different? All three are about the devolution of civilization, if you actually think about it (otherwise, what society would actually accept such an event taking place?).

Twats is a good one.

too general. it can definitely be applied to them, but it doesn't differentiate them enough from other twats.

Welp, different strokes I guess, I really don't care how people use their social network accounts. They do make sports events fun for me.

that's fine, but it'd be disingenuous to act like it isn't full of "i just woke up", "i just got a cup of coffee", "i just took a dump", "i'm sitting on the bus", "i'm at work".

Good grief, I'm 37 and I don't even use the word yuppy. Which century are we in?

Who uses Good Grief?

goodgrief-charlie-brown.jpg

too general. it can definitely be applied to them, but it doesn't differentiate them enough from other twats.

that's fine, but it'd be disingenuous to act like it isn't full of "i just woke up", "i just got a cup of coffee", "i just took a dump", "i'm sitting on the bus", "i'm at work".

Doesn't matter if it is or isn't.

Considering that's the major plot point of each story, are they really that different? All three are about the devolution of civilization, if you actually think about it (otherwise, what society would actually accept such an event taking place?).

Aaaaaahhh. That makes more sense now and I do agree. Still, I wouldn't say it's a ripoff since it doesn't really take many cues from Lord of the Flies.

i don't think that's accurate. loft seem to be more about a battle for supremacy, battle royale was about the youth vs the rest of society, and i'm not as familiar with the hunger games, but isn't it about survival and a lack of resources?

Football.
In America, you're brainwashed from birth to like football.
It's like its own religion, as in it's on sundays and it's everywhere and you can't escape it.
People funnel money into that sport so much, it might as well be a tax.
-And it IS, in some cases, with the stadiums, the parking, the merchandise, the tv, jersey's everywhere, NFL, fantasy football, football video games, college football.
It's gotten to the point even women like football now, even though they subconsciously don't. They HATE football, but all the outgoing meatheats they find attractive like football, so they, over time, have accepted that, and told themselves they better get used to it because it's not going away.
Football is fucking ridiculous in how much effort people put into it.
They throw money at millionaires who work half a year, and drive bentleys and talk about how brave they are for not retiring and staying paid.
I could probably say the same about basketball and baseball to a degree.

I agree with this. I am American, and I can't stand watching football. In my opinion it is the most useless, boring sport aside from curling. That being said, basketball is pretty watchable. And baseball, while slow, is at least unlike any other game, the objectives of which are to put your thing in the other teams thing.

And other thing growing up as a kid, in addition to NOT buying 150 + of NIke Sneakers...especially Air Maxes...

I never saw the logic of buying a 14 dollar CD for one or two good songs...

there were a few exceptiosn of course, Smashing Pumkins Siamese Dream's entire album was great...

but most CD's only had one or 2 good songs...

my friends were always broke because they would shell out for this shit...

In my entire life time, I think I've purchased maybe 5 Albums on CD.

Bush Razorblade Suitcase
Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream.
Trainspotting Soundtrack.

So what you're saying is you didn't listen to music unless it was in the radio . . . Not sure if cool bro

Exactly.
And let me say, I don't HATE the game of football, or the people who watch it.
I just hate what it's become.
I mean, This guy has been charged with murder.
130111102304_lewis-fans.jpg

People could care less.
But lance armstrong, (not saying he's right or better) doped, but because he's a cyclist, and not a football player, "oh, hes terrible, take his awards away!

To be fair, Lewis caught a ton of shit for the case when it happened, he had his day in court, he was found innocent, life went on.

Cancer Jesus (hat-tip to therealdope) pretty much shit on the entire sport of cycling (through lying, doping, paying off officials, snitching on people he thought had better dope than he did, pushing clean riders out of the sport, suing anyone who dared go against him, using his charity as an ATM, using cancer as a shield to try to keep his name clean, just being a sociopathic fuckwad in general) for almost a decade.

Lewis had a one-time incident. Pharmstrong's been setting himself up for a fall for a LONG time now, and even with his name in the dirt he still won't tell the whole truth.

Yeah I don't really see why he's so popular, but I also don't see why he's so despised. I supposed it's precisely because he's so popular, so there needs to be a push back, but let the kid be. "I want to punch Justin Bieber so baaaaad!!" - why, dick? I assert that it's mostly because of his name. If his name was Chuck Armstrong or something that didn't sound so twerpy, it probably never would have become cool to hate him.

i dont despise him. hes just another aaron carter, or jesse mccartney.

League of Legends. What the fuck is fun about that game? I need answers.

Also...

Baseball... What the fuck is fun about that game? lol

double

Last edited:
League of Legends. What the fuck is fun about that game? I need answers.

Also...

Baseball... What the fuck is fun about that game? lol

When you get good, it's fucking awesome.

All these housewives shows. How many do we need ffs?

glee.. looks awful. also justin bieber. i dont get the hype. he just seems like a normal kid who sings okay.. nothing really stands out that makes me understand why he is so insanely popular

his covers on youtube were very good. i think thats were the hype came from.

Back