Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

Because A) there WERE ones that could (and there are still models by Sansa and Creative amongst others with the same storage capacity as the Shuffle/Nano/Touch iPods), but Apple pretty much cornered the market so most brands ended up pulling out of the market, and B) the increase in smartphones eliminated the need to carry around two devices.

Most Android phones have a MicroSD card slot for expanded storage, giving up to 32gb (64 for the most recent models?) storage.

No, they're not going to match the 80+ GB storage of an iPod Classic, but few people need that much space (especially in smartphones with data plans and the increasing providers of "cloud" storage/streaming)

Using a phone would be great if you can keep it plugged in all day and want to pay for unlimited data. My 16 GB Nano will play for eight hours without recharging, is extremely small and light and doesn't need a data plan. I've used it since 2008. My Android phone would never last. If I use it for 2 hours of phone calls it needs to be charged.

Pokemon.

Granted, I was in college when It became big iirc. But even at my college people played with pokemon shit. And adults even today still talk about the games and crap. Just odd to me.

Now that I think about it, japan fads in general never caught on with me. It must have something to do with my racism.

I never got in to football. I don't understand how one can have the Chelsea sigil tattooed on his leg when he's from a completely different country.
I mean...everyone in the club changes. You're only a fan of a symbol?

In that case... I love lamp.

I'm struggling to hold back and limit this to just one thing, but I'll stick with a semi-recent plague that's still got me scratching my head.

Dubstep.

I love electro music but this shit is like nails on a chalkboard magnified tenfold.

This mustache craze that has been going around for the last year and some change. I actually know two girls who now have mustaches tattooed on their index finger. Where the hell did it come from?

TS is gay for not liking this IMO

nitro512.jpg
I can see why.

Cricket, reality TV shows and this whole generation of people who are famous for being famous and contribute nothing to the world.

Now everyone on social network sites thinks if they act like useless self important twats the world should care. Get a tan, sleep around and argue in the streets and you can be on TV.

The big bang theory and Two and a half men. Couldn't finish an episode even if I tried to. Everyone else seems to love them, and somehow they win awards. Blows my mind.

Entourage

A show about a bunch of douche-bags being assholes. I just couldn't understand why this show was so popular.

This. I can't watch a bunch of wannabes run around Hollywood acting like douche bags.

What's that one thing that was super popular that you never "got"?

Be it music, movies, television, games, sports, etc...

What is it that just never moved you in either way?

For the life of me, I never got into Glam Metal.

That was back in the 80's

Just doesn't interest me...

Reality TV and a shit load of 'pop' music from the late 90's going forward.

Also, alot of social media like facbook and myspace.. twitter especially tho. Anon chat forum sites like this one I get because its so simple and it can be used for alot of shit like killing time and keeping yourself entertained and occasionally even helpful info about stuff you have common interest in -but its also something you don't have to really invest anything of real value in, which I don't.

The other things I mentioned? Seems like it becomes real life for alot of people.. not that Sherdog isn't real life for alot of people lol

This. I can't watch a bunch of wannabes run around Hollywood acting like douche bags.

lol

To each their own I spose. I liked the show for the most part, but it got redundant after the 2nd season imo. Really one of those shows you had to watch for the characters rather than any type of storyline.

Big bang theory is stupid as fuck. Bunch of tryhard nerd jokes that aren't the least bit funny. It's as stupid as when girls say "I'm a nerd lol!" because they played mario on their boyfriends wii once.

You're showing that you don't know much about music. There were more groups and more music put out in the sixties than in the last 20 years http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/bg_hits/bg_hits_62.html Even the bad groups of the time played better than most of today's noisemakers.

80's Hair Metal/Hard Rock
Corny, cliche try hard "bad boy" music with average-boring lyrics. How any guy thinks they're a bad-ass like Poison is beyond me.

Also, other than say Metallica, Slayer, GNR, Michael Jackson, Queen, Eric B & Rakim and a few New Wave hits, the 80's was a terrible decade of music.

Really? How about AC/DC, Springsteen, U2, Journey, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins, Tom Petty, Foreigner, Dire Straits, Robert Palmer, John Cougar Mellencamp, Mike and the Mechanics

B.I.G.
Granted he had a short run, but had he lived on, Puffy would've destroyed his career

Compare his last album with Nas It Was Written or Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt or In my Lifetime Vol. 1

People who hate Kanye West and don't listen to his music.
Granted he's like Sonnen of music, but dude changed Hip-Hop for the better, Graduation is considered the Nevermind of Hip-Hop artist, without him, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalafia, etc. that whole crowd wouldn't have a voice.

Movies
Hobbit
LOTR
Star Wars

All just really....really.....drawn out....and.....did..zzzzzz

Video Games

JRPGS
PC gaming

TV Shows

Louie

I don't hate Louis CK (His fans are a whole 'nother story) but this show is just nothing special to me, if this was about anyone else, it would be smeared with the pretentious label in nanoseconds

Non-Media

How "everyone" just up and jumped on the Atheist bandwagon.
[/QUOTE]

What this guy said. The 60's was the bees knees of music. IMHO: 60's>70's>90's>80's>50's>2000's. (With the 50s being a significant upgrade from the 2000's :icon_chee )

And those that said NFL football - Shame Shame lol. NFL and MMA = Greatness.

Last edited:
There are quite a few, as for products:

-pro-wrestling
-Star Wars
-superhero movies (there are a few decent ones, but most of the define the word "cliche" more then any other genre)
-horror movies (whats the point?)
-any kind of metal
-any kind of techno/trance
-baseball

But these are ultimately okay, because im not an idiot, I realize that different people have different tastes, and I 100% respect that.

What bothers me a bit more are these behaviours from people:

-the "lets feel intellectually superior because we dont believe in god" group...there is just so much wrong with their ideas its not even funny (and this isnt coming from a religious person)

-the "i think if an mma fights hits the ground its 100% superfuckingawesome even if nothing happens, because grappling>striking and if you disagree you are just not sophisticated enough to understand the beautiful details of the ground game" group who say this even if its a truly awful display of grappling. This is insecurity at its second best.

-and finally the "i dont understand this movie so lets go to a forum and call it artsy-fartsy pretentious bullshit" group. I think this is insecurity at its best.

Robot Chicken. Twisted Mego Theater was great, but Robot Chicken is far from what TMT was.

Using a phone would be great if you can keep it plugged in all day and want to pay for unlimited data. My 16 GB Nano will play for eight hours without recharging, is extremely small and light and doesn't need a data plan. I've used it since 2008. My Android phone would never last. If I use it for 2 hours of phone calls it needs to be charged.

You don't need a dataplan for an Android, either, if you're just using it for music (you can easily and quickly disable wifi/data, there's even a widget with the toggle buttons included with the OS). That'll save up a bunch of power. I leave my WiFi/3g off unless I specifically need it. Gives me a lot longer battery life. Toss in a decently sized SD card (you can get a 16gb microSD card for under $20 on Newegg) and you can carry the same amount of music, and not have to worry about needing an unlimited dataplan or quickly chewing up your capped plan.

Yes, regardless of what you do, your phone will use more power than your Nano. What, exactly does your Nano do? Aside from play music and power a display, not all that much.

I have a cheap Android phone (ZTE n762, paid $60 new, no contract or "tab", that was the full price) and I can get more than a day out of my phone between talk and music. When I get home, I'll toss it onto charge, whether it's at 90% or 9%. Don't see a reason not to.

Back