Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

Football.
In America, you're brainwashed from birth to like football.
It's like its own religion, as in it's on sundays and it's everywhere and you can't escape it.
People funnel money into that sport so much, it might as well be a tax.
-And it IS, in some cases, with the stadiums, the parking, the merchandise, the tv, jersey's everywhere, NFL, fantasy football, football video games, college football.
It's gotten to the point even women like football now, even though they subconsciously don't. They HATE football, but all the outgoing meatheats they find attractive like football, so they, over time, have accepted that, and told themselves they better get used to it because it's not going away.
Football is fucking ridiculous in how much effort people put into it.
They throw money at millionaires who work half a year, and drive bentleys and talk about how brave they are for not retiring and staying paid.
I could probably say the same about basketball and baseball to a degree.

Someone fucking gets it,especially the part about the girls. If I watch football with guy x he will like me. We will base our relationship off watching football.

Music
The Beatles. Average musicians. Sub-Par song writers in a period where not much was going on rock wise other than elvis.

lol at this guy.

you heard a couple overplayed hits on some commercials and think you can judge the beatles?

pretty damn disgraceful

Football.
In America, you're brainwashed from birth to like football.

Yeah. It's one of the most pointless things I can think of. You don't get anything useful from it. I would like to think that your cardio would be good from being a football player, but running for 3 seconds at a time isn't all that physically demanding at all. The funny thing is that they still switch out their players. Other sports are far more physically demanding.

It's like whoever came up with it was trying to play a sick joke on the US and see how many people they could get to watch a bunch of dudes standing around doing nothing for great periods of time with minimal action mixed in.

Back