Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

Come on man, who would you rather hang out with?
saupload_mac_pc.png

I wouldn't be caught dead with that dweeb on the left!!

What's ironic about what you said is the John Hodgeman is incredibly funny and would be great to hang out with.

Apple products. To this day I STILL don't understand why people choose to pay so much money for them when there are cheaper alternatives that can do just as well and many times come with more features and you don't need to find specific versions of programs. I could go on and on about this topic in general(not the Apple thing, but the actual topic, but Twilight, Hunger Games, MMORPG's, and almost all music currently produced right now would be here.

it's an elitist/yuppy thing.

Got rid of cable in my house. Netflix is here to stay tho.

My only issue with inexpensive MP3 players is the lack of storage space. I don't understand why not a single MP3 player other than an ipod can hold more than 6 songs.

i don't know which cheap mp3 players you've been looking at, but i've had some of the cheapest and they hold hundreds of songs (maybe thousands but i don't have that much music in my library).

Got rid of cable in my house. Netflix is here to stay tho.

i haven't had cable in years and it's one of the best decisions i made. sh't is expensive as hell just for their basic bundle, which carries probably 5 channels i'd actually watch.

There were a lot of great Metal Bands from around that time like Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Saxon, and Judas Priest. Most of it was NWOBHM though.

Edit: Also I agree about Louise CK. I really don't understand the appeal and just think he's pretty damned average with really douchey fans at times.

Seriously.

Go to any youtube video of his, and just try (if you can stomach it) to read through the pages of people trying to philosophies and outright live out the words of a man who "doesn't" get twitter.

It's just silly.

Chuck Norris jokes.

Of the hundreds of thousands ever written, I have read less than 10 that are actually funny. The rest come off like sublimated racist, misogynistic and/or homoerotic fantasies.

Sounds like some of his films...

Seriously.

Go to any youtube video of his, and just try (if you can stomach it) to read through the pages of people trying to philosophies and outright live out the words of a man who "doesn't" get twitter.

It's just silly.

Oh God, I'd rather not.:( Oh and since it's nagging me, the JRPG thing is do to the differences between those and WRPG's(western rpg's for those who suck at abbreviations). The former, you're given your character with his backstory and you can customize him with whatever weapons and armor and what have you and play a story. The latter you create your character from scratch and there's really not much story, you just do whatever you want for the most part living a sort of power trip(note: neither of theses is 100% always).

-glee
-the office
-american idol,the voice
-hunger games
-twilight series
-pro wrestling(gave that up in 03' when it became wwe)

My only issue with inexpensive MP3 players is the lack of storage space. I don't understand why not a single MP3 player other than an ipod can hold more than 6 songs.

I got a $30 mp3 player that holds 4 GB. Not sure where you're looking, but 4GB is a lot more than 6 songs.

lion paw said:
-glee
-the office
-american idol,the voice
-hunger games
-twilight series
-pro wrestling(gave that up in 03' when it became wwe)

It became WWE in 2002, NOOB!

Uh, ahem, I mean... yeah, I don't get everything except pro wrestling.

The thing is, Idol and Twilight are marketed to girls/women, so I'm not supposed to get those. Same with Justin Bieber and boy bands and all that. But I don't really get the fandom for certain team sports either, and it's crazy that athletes make so much money for playing a game.

Exactly.
And let me say, I don't HATE the game of football, or the people who watch it.
I just hate what it's become.
I mean, This guy has been charged with murder.
130111102304_lewis-fans.jpg

People could care less.
But lance armstrong, (not saying he's right or better) doped, but because he's a cyclist, and not a football player, "oh, hes terrible, take his awards away!

Again, I'm in the same boat - I don't hate football (though from Canada I don't follow the NFL as much as most Americans. But we have our own version up here).

On a slightly different note but in some ways similar . . .

Watching the NHL players "negotiate" through their lockout left a similar taste in my mouth. Yes I'll follow it again (just submitted my picks in the office pool for the upcoming shortened season) unlike the morally enraged some who will "never watch it again." But regarding the players during the lockout . . . They'd come all dressed similarly: coifed hair, GQ scarves and whatever other copy-cat accessories, taylored suits, brief-cases (faux businessmen), day-old stubble, Starbucks in hand, dour/why-so-serious expressions . . . It's like, come one guys. You're just over-paid kids who came from small-town Canada/America/Europe/Russia . . . Get over yourselves. And equally as embarrassing and stupid was the reaction of fans just "dying" for the sport again like a rejected lover . . . And then the oh-so-serious apology of the governor, the players union, players owners etc. it's like, get over yourselves already. Anyone with a brain doesn't take it so seriously. The stats are fun, the games are fun . . . But it's pretty much meaningless diversion and we all know it.

I get tired too of the sporting media . . . The so serious way they report and present sports - just WAY too seriously. The reporters Jay Onright and Dan O'Toole are the best ones to watch because they just act like goofballs and take out the "why so serious" from the coverage. They're hilarious too.

-World of Warcraft, or other MMORPG's

-HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, Survivor

-NBA basketball (I'm a casual NCAA b-ball fan)

-I've tried to get into the horror genre...just can't do it

-Usually, when fads start in music, such as nu-metal, it's always flooded with a bunch of shit. I don't really feel the need to point out all the short-lived musical fads that didn't last more than a few years.

I got a $30 mp3 player that holds 4 GB. Not sure where you're looking, but 4GB is a lot more than 6 songs.

It became WWE in 2002, NOOB!

Uh, ahem, I mean... yeah, I don't get everything except pro wrestling.

The thing is, Idol and Twilight are marketed to girls/women, so I'm not supposed to get those. Same with Justin Bieber and boy bands and all that. But I don't really get the fandom for certain team sports either, and it's crazy that athletes make so much money for playing a game.

This is pretty much why I stopped hating them since it occurred to me that I wasn't even their intended fanbase. Now I just ignore them as much as possible.

glee.. looks awful. also justin bieber. i dont get the hype. he just seems like a normal kid who sings okay.. nothing really stands out that makes me understand why he is so insanely popular

I dont think he can sing out bit. I think he sounds like a little girl when he sings.

You guys are crazy. Bieber has the voice of an angel.

Seriously.

It's just silly.

wait a second...are you defending twitter? :(

This is pretty much why I stopped hating them since it occurred to me that I wasn't even their intended fanbase. Now I just ignore them as much as possible.

isn't the hunger games a rip off of battle royale? and wasn't lebron james saying he reads it? :icon_lol:

Because A) there WERE ones that could (and there are still models by Sansa and Creative amongst others with the same storage capacity as the Shuffle/Nano/Touch iPods), but Apple pretty much cornered the market so most brands ended up pulling out of the market, and B) the increase in smartphones eliminated the need to carry around two devices.

Most Android phones have a MicroSD card slot for expanded storage, giving up to 32gb (64 for the most recent models?) storage.

No, they're not going to match the 80+ GB storage of an iPod Classic, but few people need that much space (especially in smartphones with data plans and the increasing providers of "cloud" storage/streaming)

Back