Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

I get tired too of the sporting media . . . The so serious way they report and present sports - just WAY too seriously. The reporters Jay Onright and Dan O'Toole are the best ones to watch because they just act like goofballs and take out the "why so serious" from the coverage. They're hilarious too.

Oh my god, yes this.

Steven A Smith- Douche.
Skip Bayless- Passive Aggressive- Douche.

Don't get me wrong, Steven Smith is actually more entertaining as a socio-economics debater, but with the whole trashing and shitting on players thing, him and Skip going back and forth over Lebron James...it's like...a fucking game.

Seriously, it's like ESPN wants to compete with FOX News/MSNBC & TMZ....enough already.

Good grief, I'm 37 and I don't even use the word yuppy. Which century are we in?

harry-enfield-loadsamoney.jpg

if you have a better definition, i'd like to hear it.

wait a second...are you defending twitter? :(

isn't the hunger games a rip off of battle royale? and wasn't lebron james saying he reads it? :icon_lol:

Damn near close to it. I was gonna mention that, but I didn't think enough people would know about. Firefly was another show I didn't really get. I liked it and all, but I never saw it as this MASSIVELY under appreciated diamond of a show that just didn't take. It was just that, a decent show that just didn't take(not to mention the whole girl in a box scene that felt ripped right out off Outlaw Star).

Damn near close to it. I was gonna mention that, but I didn't think enough people would know about. Firefly was another show I didn't really get. I liked it and all, but I never saw it as this MASSIVELY under appreciated diamond of a show that just didn't take. It was just that, a decent show that just didn't take(not to mention the whole girl in a box scene that felt ripped right out off Outlaw Star).

people don't know about battle royale? geez.

i watched a couple of episodes of firefly, but it didn't do anything for me. i didn't think it was bad, i just couldn't get into it.

Eh, it's no different than any website/forum these days..has it's funny moments, it's pathetic, embarrassing etc.

it's far different. it's for people who're so egotistical and narcissistic that they believe everyone wants to know what's happening in their miserable lives every second of the day. what's worse, there're some people who actually do :eek:

Ahaha :icon_chee

Over Christmas I was telling my mum about how good Hale and Pace were when I went to see them back in the 90s, and she couldn't remember them for the life of her.

Doesn't quite hold up twenty years on.

it's far different. it's for people who're so egotistical and narcissistic that they believe everyone wants to know what's happening in their miserable lives every second of the day. what's worse, there're some people who actually do :eek:

Is it really?

Wow.

Never saw it that way.

Ever.

Football.
In America, you're brainwashed from birth to like football.
It's like its own religion, as in it's on sundays and it's everywhere and you can't escape it.
People funnel money into that sport so much, it might as well be a tax.
-And it IS, in some cases, with the stadiums, the parking, the merchandise, the tv, jersey's everywhere, NFL, fantasy football, football video games, college football.
It's gotten to the point even women like football now, even though they subconsciously don't. They HATE football, but all the outgoing meatheats they find attractive like football, so they, over time, have accepted that, and told themselves they better get used to it because it's not going away.
Football is fucking ridiculous in how much effort people put into it.
They throw money at millionaires who work half a year, and drive bentleys and talk about how brave they are for not retiring and staying paid.
I could probably say the same about basketball and baseball to a degree.

This is pretty accurate. Except I'm different than these fans. I watch but it's not like I'm like some of these fans. My friends that watch it religiously, get way into it. Do I have a favorite team? Sure, but I'm no fanatic. I watch and enjoy the game. If I miss a game, ok, fine. I knew a guy who was a diehard Raiders fan. He would call out to work on Monday because they lost on Sunday. That shit I dont get. My other friends are all fans of different teams and they fight over the shit. Fuck it my team lost wahtever. These athletes don't know me and don't really give a shit about me. Those kinds of fans, i don't understand.
But it gets like that too, for MMA with certain fans of certain fighters.

people don't know about battle royale? geez.

i watched a couple of episodes of firefly, but it didn't do anything for me. i didn't think it was bad, i just couldn't get into it.

OUCH!!! I don't use it myself, but I see the benefit of it like when you need to tweet fast on the go to a lot of people at once. It has it's benefits, but WAAAAY to many people use it for stupid shit like you described.

And they were both essentially ripoffs of "Lord Of The Flies" (bunch of school kids stranded on an island killing each other). Who cares?

They are different stories with different focuses targeted to different types of people.

And they were both essentially ripoffs of "Lord Of The Flies" (bunch of school kids stranded on an island killing each other). Who cares?

They are different stories with different focuses targeted to different types of people.

How so exactly? Lord of the Flies was a group of kids that became stranded after a plane crash and slowly devolved from order into anarchy. Both Battle Royale and Hunger Games are kids being used for a Running Man type of survival competition
. Other than both having kids killing each other I don't see how they're close too similar.

Zombies, facebook, instagram, football, musical tv shows, WWE.

Nike shoes...Never saw the logic in paying for 150+ pair of sneakers...

great point. back when i wasn't buying my own shoes i thought they were cool, but even then i never went for the most expensive ones. then when i was about 13 i realized how crappy the quality was and never bought another pair.

Is it really?

Wow.

Never saw it that way.

Ever.

hey, can i get your autograph?

OUCH!!! I don't use it myself, but I see the benefit of it like when you need to tweet fast on the go to a lot of people at once. It has it's benefits, but WAAAAY to many people use it for stupid shit like you described.

i can't see that happening very often. couldn't that be resolved by managing your time better and being more attentive?

that's not true at all. the latter two have more of a malthusian feel to them.

How so exactly? Lord of the Flies was a group of kids that became stranded after a plane crash and slowly devolved from order into anarchy. Both Battle Royale and Hunger Games are kids being used for a Running Man type of survival competition
. Other than both having kids killing each other I don't see how they're close too similar.

exactly. quite an oversimplification.

in lotf you saw them trying to create a hierarchy and mini-civilization, only to see it dissolve. in battle royale it was a free for all from the start where killing was the primary goal and the kids were sent there in the first place because crime had gotten out of hand.

hey, can i get your autograph?

i can't see that happening very often. couldn't that be resolved by managing your time better and being more attentive?

Welp, different strokes I guess, I really don't care how people use their social network accounts. They do make sports events fun for me.

exactly. quite an oversimplification.

in lotf you saw them trying to create a hierarchy and mini-civilization, only to see it dissolve. in battle royale it was a free for all from the start where killing was the primary goal and the kids were sent there in the first place because crime had gotten out of hand.

There's the manga Cage of Eden that's similar to Lord of the Flies, but with some LOST mixed in for added WTF effect. Haven't read it other than skimming a few chapters though, so I can't really comment on it though.

i haven't had cable in years and it's one of the best decisions i made. sh't is expensive as hell just for their basic bundle, which carries probably 5 channels i'd actually watch.

Also just watching stuff without commercials is soo liberating. So much more character depth and plot buildup becomes less distorted. Cause fuck commercials.

Back