Popular media you never "got" and the reasons why.

Chuck Norris jokes.

Of the hundreds of thousands ever written, I have read less than 10 that are actually funny. The rest come off like sublimated racist, misogynistic and/or homoerotic fantasies.

Last edited:
Awesome post - very well articulated and at the same time unique. I especially liked the women rant because it was so true. And the whole "brave" thing makes me sick . . . Anything about these athletes being honourable and morally better is borderline offensive and nauseating.

Also, the tribal pregame chants that these guys do . . . It's embarrassing to watch. It just lets me know how out of touch with reality and immature they are. I feel like I'm watching idiots from junior high or high school that never grew up and are taking themselves WAY too seriously. No one really believes the act unless you're under 13 maybe.

Exactly.
And let me say, I don't HATE the game of football, or the people who watch it.
I just hate what it's become.
I mean, This guy has been charged with murder.
130111102304_lewis-fans.jpg

People could care less.
But lance armstrong, (not saying he's right or better) doped, but because he's a cyclist, and not a football player, "oh, hes terrible, take his awards away!

Anything to do with zombies.

I've found one or two of the movies a little better than decent, but zombie humor and the weird cultural obsession with them can suck my crank.

myspace/facebook - horrid usability, no privacy whatsoever

Dumb and Dumber. I just couldn't find the comedy in there funny.

One of the funniest movies of all time.

The Big Lebowski on the other hand . . .

It just goes to show how humours differ I guess.

My only issue with inexpensive MP3 players is the lack of storage space. I don't understand why not a single MP3 player other than an ipod can hold more than 6 songs.

I don't know, mine holds plenty, more than I need to listen to in a day. If I want something different I'll just switch it out on my computer.

Maybe its the idea that some people like having their entire music library on them and some don't.

glee.. looks awful. also justin bieber. i dont get the hype. he just seems like a normal kid who sings okay.. nothing really stands out that makes me understand why he is so insanely popular

I dont think he can sing out bit. I think he sounds like a little girl when he sings. I dont understand how these young girls love him to death!. I can tell the majority of them do not like him, but their BFF love him so they they go along with them.

glee.. looks awful. also justin bieber. i dont get the hype. he just seems like a normal kid who sings okay.. nothing really stands out that makes me understand why he is so insanely popular

Yeah I don't really see why he's so popular, but I also don't see why he's so despised. I supposed it's precisely because he's so popular, so there needs to be a push back, but let the kid be. "I want to punch Justin Bieber so baaaaad!!" - why, dick? I assert that it's mostly because of his name. If his name was Chuck Armstrong or something that didn't sound so twerpy, it probably never would have become cool to hate him.

Music
The Beatles. Average musicians. Sub-Par song writers in a period where not much was going on rock wise other than elvis.

80's Hair Metal/Hard Rock
Corny, cliche try hard "bad boy" music with average-boring lyrics. How any guy thinks they're a bad-ass like Poison is beyond me.

Also, other than say Metallica, Slayer, GNR, Michael Jackson, Queen, Eric B & Rakim and a few New Wave hits, the 80's was a terrible decade of music.

B.I.G.
Granted he had a short run, but had he lived on, Puffy would've destroyed his career

Compare his last album with Nas It Was Written or Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt or In my Lifetime Vol. 1

People who hate Kanye West and don't listen to his music.
Granted he's like Sonnen of music, but dude changed Hip-Hop for the better, Graduation is considered the Nevermind of Hip-Hop artist, without him, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalafia, etc. that whole crowd wouldn't have a voice.

Movies
Hobbit
LOTR
Star Wars

All just really....really.....drawn out....and.....did..zzzzzz

Video Games

JRPGS
PC gaming

TV Shows

Louie

I don't hate Louis CK (His fans are a whole 'nother story) but this show is just nothing special to me, if this was about anyone else, it would be smeared with the pretentious label in nanoseconds

Non-Media

How "everyone" just up and jumped on the Atheist bandwagon.

One of the funniest movies of all time.

The Big Lebowski on the other hand . . .

It just goes to show how humours differ I guess.

The Big Lebowski is my favorite movie. I don't know what it was about Dumb & Dumber but I just couldn't watch it.

Apple products. To this day I STILL don't understand why people choose to pay so much money for them when there are cheaper alternatives that can do just as well and many times come with more features and you don't need to find specific versions of programs. I could go on and on about this topic in general(not the Apple thing, but the actual topic, but Twilight, Hunger Games, MMORPG's, and almost all music currently produced right now would be here.

So many, but the one that immediately leaps to mind is American Idol. It kicked off when I was still in high school and so many people seem to like it for seemingly far-ranging reasons, but if I even catch 30 seconds of the show I'm instantly reminded of everything about the American music scene and record companies that leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Lol, it really brings out my inner Mr. Magoo. So I turn it off. Additionally, in general, I find that I can't relate terribly well to people who are big fans of the show.

Considering you're posting on a predominantly male forum dedicated to people kicking the shit out of each other I doubt you'll find much of an argument.
The popularity of Chuck Norris jokes.

Of the hundreds of thousands ever written, I have read less than 10 that are actually funny.
So over played. I didn't think it was particularly funny when it started 10 odd years ago.
Anything to do with zombies.

I've found one or two of the movies a little better than decent, but zombie humor and the weird cultural obsession with them can suck my crank.
Fuck yes. The obsession just seems stupid. I quite like The Walking Dead but I think a lot of that's because I really liked the main character in a British programme I used to watch 15 odd years ago.

Albeit I idolise Rob Zombie haha

Music
The Beatles. Average musicians. Sub-Par song writers in a period where not much was going on rock wise other than elvis.

80's Hair Metal/Hard Rock
Corny, cliche try hard "bad boy" music with average-boring lyrics. How any guy thinks they're a bad-ass like Poison is beyond me.

Also, other than say Metallica, Slayer, GNR, Michael Jackson, Queen, Eric B & Rakim and a few New Wave hits, the 80's was a terrible decade of music.

B.I.G.
Granted he had a short run, but had he lived on, Puffy would've destroyed his career

Compare his last album with Nas It Was Written or Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt or In my Lifetime Vol. 1

People who hate Kanye West and don't listen to his music.
Granted he's like Sonnen of music, but dude changed Hip-Hop for the better, Graduation is considered the Nevermind of Hip-Hop artist, without him, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalafia, etc. that whole crowd wouldn't have a voice.

Movies
Hobbit
LOTR
Star Wars

All just really....really.....drawn out....and.....did..zzzzzz

Video Games

JRPGS
PC gaming

TV Shows

Louie

I don't hate Louis CK (His fans are a whole 'nother story) but this show is just nothing special to me, if this was about anyone else, it would be smeared with the pretentious label in nanoseconds

Non-Media

How "everyone" just up and jumped on the Atheist bandwagon.

There were a lot of great Metal Bands from around that time like Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Saxon, and Judas Priest. Most of it was NWOBHM though.

Edit: Also I agree about Louise CK. I really don't understand the appeal and just think he's pretty damned average with really douchey fans at times.

Apple products. To this day I STILL don't understand why people choose to pay so much money for them when there are cheaper alternatives that can do just as well and many times come with more features and you don't need to find specific versions of programs. I could go on and on about this topic in general(not the Apple thing, but the actual topic, but Twilight, Hunger Games, MMORPG's, and almost all music currently produced right now would be here.

Come on man, who would you rather hang out with?
saupload_mac_pc.png

I wouldn't be caught dead with that dweeb on the left!!

Reality TV. Never liked a single reality TV show, including TUF.

Back