Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters
Sure, just put a * next to it like the rest of his "wins".

Whether you agree with a rule or not, it is the law when it's in effect.

I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over, last year, and now the limit's been raised, should my ticket be voided.

That's called revisionist history kiddies, and, in short... grow the fuck up.

This ^^^ a rule is a rule no reason why it should be overturned.

This ^^^ a rule is a rule no reason why it should be overturned.

The fact it was put in place cause someone with no fighting experience saw a karate demonstration and was like "that looks scary" isn't good enough?

I fucking hate Jon Jones but I believe that the DQ should be overturned and also the NC from the 2nd Cormier fight. The man is 26-0, and Thiago will make it 26-1

12-6 was still technically illegal but had nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue and Mazagatti is an ass hat. NC instead of a DQ makes sense but again that fight should have been stopped way sooner. Jones was even looking at him like "wtf do I have to do for you to stop this shit?" I can't believe Rogan was acting like Hamill was still in it, it's weird going back because nowadays fighters do half as much damage and he's crying for a stoppage but back then it was like as long as a fighter wasn't fully unconscious he'd think the fight should continue.

Even if you think the rule is bad, trying to expunge the record before the rule has been removed is totally ridiculous.

They always caveat it when they discuss so who really cares. Dana wants hit for the press to say undefeated but the fans and media know that loss was a DQ not a tko/ko/decision.

Someone show the fight to SJWs of Jon beating a deaf guy, instead of getting rid of the loss we get rid of him.

A rule is a rule and should be applied mercilessly.

Member when Romero threw those completely legal 11:45 to 6 elbows on Derek Brunsons side and you could see his spine bending with each shot. Someone post the GIF I'm on mobile in the car right now

Here's the part people never talk about -- Jon arced those elbows. The 12-6 rule means perfectly straight down with the point. You can drive the point of the elbow into an opponent, as long as the elbow doesn't travel a straight line perpendicular to the plane of the canvass. Jon's elbows went downward but arced inwards towards Jon's body. They weren't 12-6 but they were really, really close, and we haven't seen anyone really throw an elbow like that before or since. But it had a little of that "cha-ching" cash-register-Tiger-Woods-style action to it, so it wasn't a 12-6.

So not only was a dumb DQ (you could've argued for a NC, but DQ???,) but it also wasn't even a foul IMO. Either way, Hamil had long since stopped defending himself. It's the worst DQ in MMA history and should be overturned.

The only people voting no are JJ haters. If this was a poll about overturning TK's win over Fedor you'd see 99% in favor. And that was a wayyyyy more legit loss than Jones'.

he should have more dq losses due to blatant eye pokes

Nope the statute of limitations are up on that one.....

“That’s an illegal elbow, Jon!” Mazzagatti shouted as the last of Jones’ elbows came hurtling down and Mazzagatti rushed in.

One of the few good calls Mazzagatti made.

The 12-6 elbow was against the rules. Period.

Hammill couldn't continue the fight, due to the damage sustained by the illegal blows. Period.

There's not much of a debate to be had.

Nah. Tons of fighters have dodgy losses on their records. Are we going back and righting all of them or is this just more special treatment to boost Jon?

Back