Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters
You're not entirely wrong but Mazagatti is horrendous and those elbows had nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue. The fight should have been stopped way sooner, craziest thing is Mazagatti stopped it because of the illegal blows when it should have been stopped way sooner due to Hamill being fucked.

Not sure how this can be a DQ loss when Rumble has a loss via eye poke lol, usually when this kind of thing happens it's only a DQ if it not only stopped the fight but was also deemed intentional. Those were the first 12-6 elbows he threw after landing like 50 legit elbows. It's also worth nothing that it was Mazagatti reffing when Rumble lost via eye poke.... That shit should be changed to a NC

Even if everything you say is true, mistakes and bad calls happens in fights all the time. Fight results never get overruled, so why should Jon Jones out of all people, be an exception?

So why is the UFC trying to do this? He hasn't had enough special treatment?

And he was juiced, GOAT or not, that's worse than an official loss for any reason.
Which wins do you have proof he was juiced for bro?

Only one I see is now a NC.

changed to a No Contest would be best

Well, he was definitely juiced in the Gus fight he barely won by his own unwitting words

Capture.png

Of course not.

He's made a career out of breaking the rules and he has benefited heavily from it. Eyepokes, illegal elbows, kicks to a downed opponent, etc. He does all of this shit and never has so much as a point deducted. These fouls have a far greater effect than the average person realizes. If you poke someone in the eye a single time, or even just get your fingers near their eyeball with a stiff-arm, that is going to hinder their ability to close the distance and make them hesitate for the entire duration of the fight. Jones should have more losses on his record because of the way he blatantly breaks the rules time after time.

Since he admitted afterwards on Twitter he was juiced in the first Gus fight at least, that should retroactively be made a NC by this philosophy, right?

The fact this was posed as a serious question is hilarious.

If you can overturn that, then you can literally overturn anything and the rules have no meaning.

I personally think the 12-6 rule is stupid and should be modified. However it's a long standing rules in place.

I personally think kneeing someone in the head while they are on the ground being illegal is a absolutely stupid rule. But I'm not about to cry overturn the decision when someone violates it and ends a fight due to it....

The only person who would try and do something like this is someone who has absolutely no idea what they're doing, or what they're talking about....Which is exactly why it makes perfect sense that Dana White is the person doing it.

The burden of proof is on them, we can't start overturning stuff just because we don't like Jones as a human being.

We kinda end up being as shitty as him.

No.
And I do not understand the people: a 12to6 will never exist in a standing fight. So it can only be in the ground fight. So if an elbow hits the head from the side (NO 12to6) then the head can move to the side. In a 12to6, the head can not move away.
Maybe the idiots who take the rule for nonsense should put themselves in a ring and get a 12to6 from someone in their weight class. If the skull survives that, really, the dummies will eventually know why it's forbidden.
But there are also those who want the soccer kicks back in MMA.
But only until your favorite fighter lands in a wheelchair or coffin.

No. If it is then there will be a flood of others fighters trying to do the same thing.

There is no one on the planet that says that wasn't a 12-6 elbow. No one. The only argument is the rule is stupid... which it is.

I'm all for killing that rule... like I said, it is idiotic.

HOWEVER... I'm NOT for selectively killing it in favor of Jones alone and not the rest of the sport. They won't build a time machine and change the rule for every fight... they'll only selectively do it for Jones. That's bullshit, just like USADA's selective practice of excusing certain fighters for roiding (Jones) is bullshit.

So I say consistency. If you're gonna be corrupt, be transparent about it. Let's make all chokes illegal in order to overturn Conor's losses. Overturn every single neck crank and RNC in MMA history so Conor's losses can be wiped. Let's overturn head kick KOs so Ronda's loss to Holm is overturned.

If you're gonna be corrupt as fuck at least drop the pretense so no one has any illusions this is a legit sport.

Yes of course. Anyone voting no must be completely stupid. I don't like Jones, but that loss is bullshit because the rule is bullshit and as such needs to be overturned.

Ofc. It was a bullshit ass loss.

I don't like Jones, but that loss is bullshit because the rule is bullshit and as such needs to be overturned.

It's in my opinion a good idea to change the rule; but that also literally doesn't matter. He got DQed because he broke one of the rules of the game he was playing. And unless Jon Jones is a mental invalid, he was also aware of the rules going in too. It's not a complicated issue.

If your state changes the speedlimit on a stretch of road, they don't call up everyone who's ever gotten a ticket written to give them a refund; they were still law-violators. It just means, from then on, the rules are now different.

Last edited:
Bisping Says White's Plan to Expunge Jones' Loss a Marketing Gimmick

“Love the guy/don’t love the guy--you gotta admire what he does inside the Octagon,” podcast host Bisping said on a recent episode of Believe You Me. “And technically undefeated, Dana White’s trying to have that disqualification loss to Matt Hamill overturned.

“I get it for marketing purposes. If I’m Dana White, I want probably my best fighter to be labeled as 'UNDEFEATED!'

“Because for those people that don’t know, Jones has a disqualification loss on his record to Matt Hamill in a fight that he was totally dominating. He was destroying Matt Hamill, but he got carried away and he did a[n illegal 12-6] downward elbow.

“He [Hamill] was already getting the absolute living daylights beat out of him. So, of course, Matt Hamill’s gonna respond. Well, hold on. I think the thing was they asked him and he never responded.

“Well, the guy’s deaf. No wonder he never responded. He’s gotta read the lips. And I’m not trying to be funny or be a d*ck about it. The referee said, ‘I was asking, "Are you OK?"'

“And he never responded. Well, the guy is profoundly deaf. And I’m not trying to make fun of him, as I say, it’s a real factor.

“And then he had the sh*t kicked out of him. He was covered in blood--there was no way he was gonna win that fight.

“So of course he was gonna say, ‘Yeah, I don’t feel good.’ So the referee disqualified Jones. So I kind of understand it from Dana’s [marketing] perspective.”

Back