Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters
Rogan is a smart guy overall, but his opinion on 12-6 elbows is not very bright.

This is ridiculous. Let’s go back & revise every outcome of every sport for the last 100 years that involved a rule that we find no longer applies to that sport. We might have to change some outcomes along the way. Revise some Super Bowl winners, World Series winners, etc...

Cause the rule is dumb and we know why it's in place and it's not a logical reason.
But yet it was the rule at the time. Regardless of how stupid we find it now. It is the athlete’s responsibility to know the rules. Not to decide whether they make sense or not.

DQ was kinda whack, but I don’t want to see the can of worms this precedent would open.

Not sure how this can be a DQ loss when Rumble has a loss via eye poke lol, usually when this kind of thing happens it's only a DQ if it not only stopped the fight but was also deemed intentional. Those were the first 12-6 elbows he threw after landing like 50 legit elbows. It's also worth nothing that it was Mazagatti reffing when Rumble lost via eye poke.... That shit should be changed to a NC

Rumble fight should be a NC, Jones was correctly disqualified.

Accidental fight ending eyepoke = NC
Intentional fight ending 12-6 elbow = DQ

Stupid rule. Stupid ref. But them's the breaks. Nobody thinks of him as having a loss so who really cares?

Stupid rule. Stupid ref. But them's the breaks. Nobody thinks of him as having a loss so who really cares?
Exactly. This is for casuals. No stars in pipeline this is the only way to market him into something more than MM numbers with these mismatches. (Santos is live..)

I think his entire career would be expunged, as he is a cheating pussy.
Lol
Then Pride is nullified
Anything preUSADA too.

All the pro fighters are pussies next to mighty keyboard warriors
Lmao!!

But yet it was the rule at the time. Regardless of how stupid we find it now. It is the athlete’s responsibility to know the rules. Not to decide whether they make sense or not.

I fundamentally disagree. I feel people have an obligation to disobey rules that don't make sense.

Should be NC.. and I'm no Jones fanboy.

Whether you agree with a rule or not, it is the law when it's in effect.

I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over, last year, and now the limit's been raised, should my ticket be voided.

That's called revisionist history kiddies, and, in short... grow the fuck up.
Dude that was beautiful, thank you for that. That’s the most sense anyone has made on here in a long time.

How often do we see decisions overturned based on a judging error in hindsight? I can't really think of any. It seems like everyone just wants Jones to have a nice undefeated record on his resume. If this was a Diego Sanchez fight in 2008, no one would campaign to change it. This doesn't make me a Jones hater, I just wouldn't change the verdict now simply because it would be really cool to have his record as undefeated. We all know why he lost, so it is what it is.

Jones was steamrolling Hamill and nobody holds this as a real loss in Jones' record. But he did break the rules with an illegal finishing blow. Youth mistake?

Other cases:
I don't get why Royce got his loss against Howard erased either. Royce showed up to fight (for the purse) but knew he wasn't in condition to do so and the corner threw the towel right from the start. Might be dumb, but technically, it's a loss.

Nog vs Fedor 2:
Fedor dives into Nog's guard when Nog is posturing up. Accidental clash of heads resulting in a fight-ending cut on Fedor.
I'm fine with the NC, but can understand Nog's point when he said that it's not his fault if Fedor dives carelessly. At the time, I really thought Nog got the win via cut.

Fedor vs TK 1:
That might be the weirdest case I remember (didn't watch it live, of course). TK hits Fedor with an illegal elbow and cuts him. But since it was a tournament and they needed one of them to advance they gave TK the win, because Fedor wasn't able to continue

Not unless they do it for all the other fights that ended like that

One of the best cheaters in the sport. Maybe some day they will take away all of his belts, like they did to Armstrong. Not that I want that to happen.

Back