Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters
No.

After the Mark Hunt rant, i like the new Jones nickname "rodent rat cheater".

I fundamentally disagree. I feel people have an obligation to disobey rules that don't make sense.
While your outlaw spirit is to be admired, it’s usually beneficial to follow the rules in sports & society.
But I think everyone has a little Nature Boy to them.
RicFlair-LowBlow.gif~c200

moorehit.0.gif

Last edited:
No legitimate reason for this not to be overturned. Should have been a no contest from the jump. But alas, Mazzagatti was there and chaos ensued.

Not even a Jones fan but I kind of think so, despite it being obvious Dana wants to pursue it so he can market Jones as being technically undefeated.

He clearly threw illegal blows. I don't see how that could be a mistake or misunderstanding.

No. Matt Hamill beat the brakes off him.

No. They were illegal strikes that caused the end of the fight. That's the very definition of a DQ. If you foul someone and they can't continue, that's the end of the fight. It's not a NC, it's a DQ because it was illegal.

Now if Jones threw the 12-6 elbows and they missed or didn't cause any damage, he should have been warned. Instead, they busted open Hammil and he couldn't continue the fight. Dana is just trying to overturn the DQ to promote Jones as undefeated. He doesn't care about legitimacy, just promotion.

jon-jones-matt-hammill-tuf-10-finale-1.jpg

“That’s an illegal elbow, Jon!” Mazzagatti shouted as the last of Jones’ elbows came hurtling down and Mazzagatti rushed in.

“You can’t do 12-to-six,” Rogan explained on the broadcast, attempting to shed some light on one of the least understood rules in MMA. “The up-down elbow from 12 o’clock to six o’clock is illegal.”

Joe Rogan
I’m in agreement with this [expunging] 100%. The 12-6 elbow rule is one of the dumbest rules in combat sports. At the very least that fight should be a no contest. He was completely dominant.

Stopped reading at "hurtling down"
<36>

I’m far from Jon Jones fan but it should be NC instead of DQ loss it’s weak.

. So everyone DQ'd to to 12-6 elbows (or really anything else) gets NC to help Jones's record?

Help his record?

Jon's record doesn't need help bro. Biggest GOAT of all the GOATs with an insane list of people hes destroyed. Its purely to right a wrong.

Help his record?

Jon's record doesn't need help bro. Biggest GOAT of all the GOATs with an insane list of people hes destroyed. Its purely to right a wrong.

So why is the UFC trying to do this? He hasn't had enough special treatment?

And he was juiced, GOAT or not, that's worse than an official loss for any reason.

No. They were illegal strikes that caused the end of the fight. That's the very definition of a DQ. If you foul someone and they can't continue, that's the end of the fight. It's not a NC, it's a DQ because it was illegal.

Now if Jones threw the 12-6 elbows and they missed or didn't cause any damage, he should have been warned. Instead, they busted open Hammil and he couldn't continue the fight. Dana is just trying to overturn the DQ to promote Jones as undefeated. He doesn't care about legitimacy, just promotion.

This.

It's absurd. Where does it end if they achieve this?

No. Regardless of how you feel about the rule, it’s a rule and he broke it. Willfully or not doesn’t matter. He was obviously on his way to a win but used an illegal technique to seal the deal and was justifiably disqualified.

jon-jones-matt-hammill-tuf-10-finale-1.jpg

“That’s an illegal elbow, Jon!” Mazzagatti shouted as the last of Jones’ elbows came hurtling down and Mazzagatti rushed in.

“You can’t do 12-to-six,” Rogan explained on the broadcast, attempting to shed some light on one of the least understood rules in MMA. “The up-down elbow from 12 o’clock to six o’clock is illegal.”

Joe Rogan
I’m in agreement with this [expunging] 100%. The 12-6 elbow rule is one of the dumbest rules in combat sports. At the very least that fight should be a no contest. He was completely dominant.

nope he broke the rules plane and simple.

it is a dumb rule it still a rule and nobody taken it out of the rule books.

No. Regardless of how you feel about the rule, it’s a rule and he broke it. Willfully or not doesn’t matter. He was obviously on his way to a win but used an illegal technique to seal the deal and was justifiably disqualified.
I don’t see how people don’t get this? It’s not up to the athlete to decide if the rule makes sense or not. Everyone plays the game by the same set of rules & that’s how you achieve an even playing field.

Dana is just trying to overturn the DQ to promote Jones as undefeated. He doesn't care about legitimacy, just promotion.
This exactly! Plus he’s trying to take attention away from Jon being a walking lab experiment.

who cares? we all know what happened

its like the NCAA erasing wins or championships from a coach and team after a scandal. who gives a shit? Doesn't change anything except on paper. what happened still happened. nobody who watched that fight thought Hammill had anything for JOnes. Jones mauled him. He beats up Matt Hammill 10000 times out of 10000 so the "loss" doesn't mean shit to me.

Listen, even if the 12-6 rule is lifted - which, for the record, i think it should be - it was still the rule at the time of the violation.

Back