Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters
Steve Mazagatti shouted at Matt if he could continue fighting, Matt is literally deaf

Has any fighter ever had a DQ loss expunged?Jones has already set one precedent by becoming the first athlete licensed to pulse; I'd rather he not set another.

That fight was 10 years ago, too much time has passed. The UFC and JJs should've pressed for a loss turn over the moment it happened.

Ref should stop him after one, then give a warning like a low blow. If he continued then wave it off.. Pointy elbows too your face from someone like Jones size doesnt feel good

1. The rules are the rules. They didn't make them up in the middle of the fight. Jones knew or should have known the rules before the fight started. It's the responsibility of the fighters to learn the rules before they fight, not after or during.

2. If you don't like a rule, or keep forgetting the rule, you shouldn't fight until the rule is removed, or get a special permission slip from your doctor saying your memory lapses and you keep forgetting the rule. No offense intended.

3. Rogan's completely ridiculous to say that because Jones was dominant therefore the rules don't apply or you should be allowed to break the rules as long as you are dominant. That's about as sophisticated as saying because fighter x inflicted more visible damage than fighter y, he earned the win.

jon-jones-matt-hammill-tuf-10-finale-1.jpg

“That’s an illegal elbow, Jon!” Mazzagatti shouted as the last of Jones’ elbows came hurtling down and Mazzagatti rushed in.

“You can’t do 12-to-six,” Rogan explained on the broadcast, attempting to shed some light on one of the least understood rules in MMA. “The up-down elbow from 12 o’clock to six o’clock is illegal.”

Joe Rogan
I’m in agreement with this [expunging] 100%. The 12-6 elbow rule is one of the dumbest rules in combat sports. At the very least that fight should be a no contest. He was completely dominant.

If you are a professional fighter, you should know the fucking rules.

Jon messed up. Lost the fight.
That's on him.

Hamill was done way before those 12-6 elbows, they had absolutely nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue. The only people who think this should be a legit DQ are the crazy haters that wanted Smith to take the DQ win over Jones as well.

If your opponent is already done and you start landing illegal blows, you deserve to lose for being sloppy and stupid.

You're not entirely wrong but Mazagatti is horrendous and those elbows had nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue. The fight should have been stopped way sooner, craziest thing is Mazagatti stopped it because of the illegal blows when it should have been stopped way sooner due to Hamill being fucked.

Not sure how this can be a DQ loss when Rumble has a loss via eye poke lol, usually when this kind of thing happens it's only a DQ if it not only stopped the fight but was also deemed intentional. Those were the first 12-6 elbows he threw after landing like 50 legit elbows. It's also worth nothing that it was Mazagatti reffing when Rumble lost via eye poke.... That shit should be changed to a NC

I see where you're going, but deeming things intentional will always be a weakness of any rule. I've been watching MMA more than a decade now and 99% of all illegal strikes are instantly deemed unintentional for with no real reason for doing so.

I agree that a better ref might have stopped the fight sooner and avoided this problem. It also would have avoided the problem had Jones not chosen to employ illegal strikes on a done opponent.

Jon was caught cheating. It's the story of his life and the loss is legit.

It was the rule. So everyone DQ'd to to 12-6 elbows (or really anything else) gets NC to help Jones's record?
How many other times has it happened in UFC history? The move would be to reverse all of them to NC's. I don't think there's many, maybe Erik Silva lost a fight with 12-6'ing someone.

I say make it happen. Why the hell not? Better late than never.

How many other times has it happened in UFC history? The move would be to reverse all of them to NC's. I don't think there's many, maybe Erik Silva lost a fight with 12-6'ing someone.

I say make it happen. Why the hell not? Better late than never.

Because Jones hasn't received enough special treatment in his career.

As some one said, that means how many wins are vacated due to juicing?

Because Jones hasn't received enough special treatment in his career.

As some one said, that means how many wins are vacated due to juicing?
That's a pivot from losing from 12 to 6 elbows and isn't relevant to this discussion.

No, and the NC should be a DQ loss aswell

I hate the rule that fighters who get an illegal move done to them get a win. How did you win? By getting beat up bad enough?

Just call it a NC, and then suspend the violating fighter 6 months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back