Media Poatan really has the perfect coaches

Come on bro

Seriously?

thats where your mind goes?

Chuck would have a wealth of experience in MMA, and he can learn alot from him.
That is fair, his ability to get up from wrestlers is fairly underrated. Cheers.

Reactions: HHJ
Eh

if your a fighter, id imagine you would at least want to see how you would do, how the skills line up.

I would spar him and im a hobbyist. Yeah I know its gonna hurt but Id rather know and not wonder what it would be like
But you’d only spar him once.

Come on bro

Seriously?

thats where your mind goes?

Chuck would have a wealth of experience in MMA, and he can learn alot from him
Pereira doesn't need any help with striking

But Chuck was One of the strongest anti wrestlers in the divisions history.

Probably some of the best insight a fighter and style like pereira can possibly get.

I would not take Chuck's advice on striking defense. He always was willing to eat a shot to launch a bomb. We have seen Poatan on skates before, it could be a lot worse at 205.
Yeah it's something I think about too whenever the old school guys teach things. Not that it's not applicable, but there are areas of the game that have passed those guys by. But at the same time Weidman became champ under Serra so I probably don't have much of a case.

Last edited:
Eh

if your a fighter, id imagine you would at least want to see how you would do, how the skills line up.

I would spar him and im a hobbyist. Yeah I know its gonna hurt but Id rather know and not wonder what it would be like

LoL, you know exactly how it would go. He beats you up as badly as he wants. You hang around, move your feet, occasionally land a little something, block a little something. I'm not knocking you as I know you've been around gyms, but so have I. The levels are so wide between the amateur and a UFC champ that an entire universe could almost come into existence within the gulf that exists. Its like when we had a member of the US wrestling world team visit our wrestling room. Lots of guys, even current college wrestlers, said hey I want to see how it goes. It went as badly as the world team member wanted it to go and they all knew it would before it happened.

But I do understand, you're likely much younger than me and I'm thinking like an old guy.

LoL, you know exactly how it would go. He beats you up as badly as he wants. You hang around, move your feet, occasionally land a little something, block a little something. I'm not knocking you as I know you've been around gyms, but so have I. The levels are so wide between the amateur and a UFC champ that an entire universe could almost come into existence within the gulf that exists. Its like when we had a member of the US wrestling world team visit our wrestling room. Lots of guys, even current college wrestlers, said hey I want to see how it goes. It went as badly as the world team member wanted it to go and they all knew it would before it happened.

But I do understand, you're likely much younger than me and I'm thinking like an old guy.
I want the smoke. I'll tell my grandkids about it lol

Chuck is going to make sure Poatan has that look in his eyes

<HisEye>
I think he succeeded!
images

Alex is the just bleed god gift to us.

What about his shaman coaches who teach him the dark arts of the shadow realm?

Yeah it's something I think about too whenever the old school guys teach things. Not that it's not applicable, but I'm done areas the game has passed those guys by. But at the same time Weidman became champ under Serra so I probably don't have much of a case.
Its insane to even think that way. Chuck Lidell isnt a moron. He knows this guy is a much better striker than he was. But he has a wealth of experience in MMA and absolutley can teach him things, esp as someone else said, involving getting to your feet, using the cage and avoiding the grappling and the anti wrestling when you cant.

It'd be the same as Poatan not listening to Glover because hes old too.

Back