Media Poatan really has the perfect coaches

AstralPanda

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

His boxing / striking training goes without saying

but even chuck liddell in his old age is an invaluable resource. Someone who at his peak was one of the best ever at avoiding takedowns/ standing up if he got taken down.

Then you have Glover, nightmare top game. If you can survive Glover, you can survive almost anyone.

He's gonna be hard to beat.

The dude who holds the thai pads for Alex is as cold as they come and deserves credit

His coaching staff is plentiful, his partners are solid, and then he travels the world seeking new sparring challenges wherever they may lie to constantly teat himself

I can’t think of any recent fighter that would travel to spar as much as Alex does

I'd be afraid even to train with him, the man is an absolute animal.
Eh

if your a fighter, id imagine you would at least want to see how you would do, how the skills line up.

I would spar him and im a hobbyist. Yeah I know its gonna hurt but Id rather know and not wonder what it would be like

I would not take Chuck's advice on striking defense. He always was willing to eat a shot to launch a bomb. We have seen Poatan on skates before, it could be a lot worse at 205.

Eh

if your a fighter, id imagine you would at least want to see how you would do, how the skills line up.

I would spar him and im a hobbyist. Yeah I know its gonna hurt but Id rather know and not wonder what it would be like
There is a certain amount of bragging rights that come with it too, even when you are basically a moving punching bag.

I would not take Chuck's advice on striking defense. He always was willing to eat a shot to launch a bomb. We have seen Poatan on skates before, it could be a lot worse at 205.
Not really. Poatan was basically killing himself to make 185, which does a number on the body. The cut to 205 is much more achievable for Alex without sacrificing his body. Sure, some 205'ers may hit harder, but so would Alex and his ability to absorb shots.

Come on bro

Seriously?

thats where your mind goes?

Chuck would have a wealth of experience in MMA, and he can learn alot from him.

Not really. Poatan was basically killing himself to make 185, which does a number on the body. The cut to 205 is much more achievable for Alex without sacrificing his body. Sure, some 205'ers may hit harder, but so would Alex and his ability to absorb shots.
That's fair. Weight cut, especially bad ones, can make you chinny. Cheers.

Back