Media Pimblett Goes off on Helwani in Interview with Dana White (UPDATE: Helwani Responds).

If anyone really wants to know why they (media) wont pay to go on, Ben Fowlkes went thru it on his Podcast.. (Its not groundbreaking stuff though.) I have no idea why Fowlkes hasnt got a bigger following nowadays, I used to love him on Junkie, probably because of this whole The Athletic debacle though.

I hope he doesn't get mad at me for linking to an unlisted episode though.. its timestamped and ready. Maybe it can gain him a follower or two.
Co-Main Event Podcast:

And this is my comment from earlier in the thread, before Ariels response.

I first discovered him in his Cagepotato days, love Fowlkes and the CME podcast. I've never seen video of them, that was interesting. Also, what is "The Athletic debacle"?

I first discovered him in his Cagepotato days, love Fowlkes and the CME podcast. I've never seen video of them, that was interesting. Also, what is "The Athletic debacle"?
Was a fan of Fowlkes from his work on MMA Junkie. Considered him the best MMA writer. Also would like to know what "The Athletic" debacle was about. I looked at their home page and it seems they don't have very much MMA content. Did they scale it way back from when they brought Fowlkes and some others over?

The Athletic hired a bunch of talented MMA Journlalists, like Ben Fowlkes, Chuck Mendinhall, etc to write long-form and much more in-depth work.

However, it didn't last all that long and they gutted the whole MMA section. It was a very big step backwards for MMA journalism because the only places that are hiring are places that don't want real journalism. If you want real MMA journalism, you have to go on BloodyElbow.

<Waaah>

Wow, what journalism! Finding out from multiple sources there’s a surprise and ruining it! With a surprise promo already filmed with Lesnar. He just wanted to be the guy nothing more!

So you missed the part where he got the information from somebody in the UFC who told him it was cool to release the information? That is his fault how?

I like the guy,I just think he shouldnt have started something he cant really finish. This whole thing was not worth the smoke,at all.

He probably gonna have to wind up apologizing for this lol
you think theres a possible slander thing here?

I like the guy,I just think he shouldnt have started something he cant really finish. This whole thing was not worth the smoke,at all.

He probably gonna have to wind up apologizing for this lol
If Paddy DOESN'T apologize, it's clear who the cunt really is, right?

Ariel's been promoting that guy since before Dana knew what he was. And then Dana goes and pays him 12/12 and he sits down with Dana to talk about Ariel exploiting fighters!

That's some serious Stockholm Syndrome shit. Weak as fuck. Talked about Ariel "sucking me arse" when Ariel stands nothing to gain by being kind to Paddy.

All the while what is Paddy doing? Sucking Dana's ass.

And he's all into anti-bullying but he's bullying Ariel, who has ONLY ever supported and promoted him.

It's lowlife behaviour and if he has a shred of integrity, Paddy will apologize.

Plus, he just got bodied with receipts. I haven't watched Ariel in years, but his response to Dana and Paddy was MASTERFUL.

Utter trash. You want to get paid? Have your billionaire buddy who owns you pay you more than 12k per fight. Your anger is at the wrong man, seeing how that bald fuck made a career off the backs of fighters and paid them a pittance.

If you honestly can't see how journalists paying people to interview them is wrong, you are an immature little child, like a (not so shocking) large portion of sherdog. And just because you're making money off YouTube clicks doesn't mean he is, and he absolutely doesn't. Do you pay your guests?
Tell 'em Queue!

So you missed the part where he got the information from somebody in the UFC who told him it was cool to release the information? That is his fault how?
I think it was the wrong person who told him it was cool to release the information that’s for sure!

If Paddy DOESN'T apologize, it's clear who the cunt really is, right?

Ariel's been promoting that guy since before Dana knew what he was. And then Dana goes and pays him 12/12 and he sits down with Dana to talk about Ariel exploiting fighters!

That's some serious Stockholm Syndrome shit. Weak as fuck. Talked about Ariel "sucking me arse" when Ariel stands nothing to gain by being kind to Paddy.

All the while what is Paddy doing? Sucking Dana's ass.

And he's all into anti-bullying but he's bullying Ariel, who has ONLY ever supported and promoted him.

It's lowlife behaviour and if he has a shred of integrity, Paddy will apologize.

Plus, he just got bodied with receipts. I haven't watched Ariel in years, but his response to Dana and Paddy was MASTERFUL.
Unfortunately his true nature has shown and he’s doubling down on everything. Was replying to people in his ig post talking more shit about Ariel and saying he doesn’t give a fuck if people unfollow him, blah blah.

Also lied again and said that the voice memo was an invitation to eat and have drinks with Ariel. Lmao sure buddy. Digging himself a deeper hole so he better keep winning in the octagon or his stock will drop quick.

I think it was the wrong person who told him it was cool to release the information that’s for sure!
No doubt but you literally just killed your own argument in your previous post. A SURPRISE promo so that already kills the notion that he was leaking the news to get in front of the UFC’s big reveal.

This process has also always been the method in which he leaked news. Just so happens the secret surprise promo was planned so Dana got pissed. Ariel has stated multiple times had he not gotten the ok from the ufc official/source or known there was a huge promo, he wouldn’t have leaked it.

Look I’m on side Ariel here, but I will say that where there is fire there is smoke, and with Ariel there has been lottttt of smoke throughout the years. I dont think hes as innocent as he makes himself out to be, buttttt then again he did read out the communication between himself and Paddy’s side word for word, so its not like we’re left in the dark of what was said.

Expecting to get paid for an interview is hilariously arrogant tho. Reeks of typical slimey manager shenanigans. Do famous actors/artists get paid to go on Kimmel, Conan, etc? Does Rogan pay his guests? Do radio shows pay their guests? Did he pay Dana for the interview?

They are completely missing the dynamic of being interviewed, how the point is mutual gain. Not to mention how non-feasible the business model would be if every mma fighter expected to get paid money for their basic “feeling good man waiting to fly back home” answers.

Last edited:
No doubt but you literally just killed your own argument in your previous post. A SURPRISE promo so that already kills the notion that he was leaking the news to get in front of the UFC’s big reveal.

This process has also always been the method in which he leaked news. Just so happens the secret surprise promo was planned so Dana got pissed. Ariel has stated multiple times had he not gotten the ok from the ufc official/source or known there was a huge promo, he wouldn’t have leaked it.
I didn’t kill my own argument! He heard about him returning from some higher ups in the UFC and a surprise promo was already prepared and ready. He acted like he broke a story that would never come to light. When all we did was ruin the surprise shortly happening after he leaked the information which pissed off the wrong person. He did what he did, and the UFC did what they did. Now Ariel has no behind the scenes access which, for sure hasn’t helped his career.

Imagine you wanted to be a basketball journalist and the commissioner of the NBA bans you from behind the scenes access and extra information. Definitely detrimental to your career!

I wonder how many times Ariel thinks about that day and if it was worth it?

How? Ariel backed up every single thing he put out there.
no Ariels case against Paddy I think he has one What this Paddy character is doing is F'D UP

It so funny how these hypocritical thugs are so threatened by Ariels words

So now Paddy has said he was really just asking to get a drink with Ariel to catch up like they are good pals? Surely he doesn’t think anyone would actually believe that?

What a classic it would be if the Vegas crowd started chanting Ohhh Ariel HEL-WA-NI I instead of the Ohh Paddy the baddy chant. Dana’s face would be worth the price of the PPV
Everybody in the crowd should wear these when Paddy fight. Especially near the walk out. E014E320-34B7-45BC-9226-BEFA477B7401.jpeg

Unfortunately his true nature has shown and he’s doubling down on everything. Was replying to people in his ig post talking more shit about Ariel and saying he doesn’t give a fuck if people unfollow him, blah blah.

Also lied again and said that the voice memo was an invitation to eat and have drinks with Ariel. Lmao sure buddy. Digging himself a deeper hole so he better keep winning in the octagon or his stock will drop quick.
Young fool I guess. Money and fame shows ppl's true colours indeed. I respect that Ariel refuses to hang out with fighters as friends as he sees it as a conflict of interests. Good on him.

As for Paddy, if he feels "sucking Dana's arse" is a better look for him than maintaining integrity, he's going to learn in the long run.

You lied about everything. You seem to forget that Ariel was championing you to the fans when in America long before anyone knew of you in the states. Check the google searches, the Sherdog threads, and the UG posts in 2018, almost no Paddy coverage.

And you seem to forget that it was Ariel Helwani, even after you guys had your spat, that was still standing behind you saying your $12/$12K purse was garbage. He was the one saying you should get paid more and Dana was the one paying you pennies yet you blame the journalist instead of the man who writes your checks? You have lost quite a few fans but we all mess up. Do right by the guy who has always done right by you Paddy. Man up, you messed up, say it and move forward and stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

And good luck on the fight man…

Yous right here

<mma1>

Expecting to get paid for an interview is hilariously arrogant tho. Reeks of typical slimey manager shenanigans. Do famous actors/artists get paid to go on Kimmel, Conan, etc? Does Rogan pay his guests? Do radio shows pay their guests? Did he pay Dana for the interview?
Does Paddy pay his guests? What a weirdo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back