Photos: Rumble Johnson's Latest Preps For Gustaff!!!

He's a muscle bound monster, but as is the case with Lombard, when you're carrying that much lean mass, conditioning is difficult due to oxygen being needed to supply the muscle at a crazy rate. It's more difficult for more muscular dudes to recover cardiovascularly

This is really a myth based on some truth in theory you're correct, but it is all dependent on the athlete and his condition & cardio training for a fight.

Payne: you seem to validate HeadSplitter's comment, but then vaguely toss-out (what we all know) that some heavily muscled fighters can overcome the cardio obstacle. Since you really told us nothing we didn't already know, how about giving us an educated guess as to whether Rumble will maintain his cardio in the bout with Gus? My guess is that if it goes to the 4/5 rounds, Gus will have a significant advantage. Do you agree or disagree?

Eye poke ended this one,, he was beating Kos soundly until then.

Haha! I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I think Kos clearly had the better grappling, wrestling and fightIQ in that bout. Kos of course could be seen losing the stand-up. The eye poke did not result in Rumble's loss.

As many have said, Rumble was likely an extremely diminished LHW trying for years to fight at 170. Obviously, while unintentional, his spent years as though being fitted with a governor chip. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand why this guy didn't dominate at 170, but is a monster at 205.

He's a muscle bound monster, but as is the case with Lombard, when you're carrying that much lean mass, conditioning is difficult due to oxygen being needed to supply the muscle at a crazy rate. It's more difficult for more muscular dudes to recover cardiovascularly

Captain%20Obvious%20HotelsCom.jpg

It wont be enough, you've got alot of catching up to do Rumble.

johnson connected multiple times on glass-chin arlovski and couldn't even ko him

Arlovsky got saved by the bell and got his jaw broke or he would have been knocked out by Rumble.

Arlovsky would have destroyed pillow hands Gus.

Jesus what was his cut to WW 40 - 50 lbs ?

Arlovsky got saved by the bell and got his jaw broke or he would have been knocked out by Rumble.

Actually Rumble rocked Arlovski after the bell.

Pillow hands? that's why he gets a knockdown in every fight, and failing that makes his opponent bleed from the face like a pig.

You're reaching as always. Any particular reason why?

This is going to be a very good fight. I think Gus takes rounds 4 and 5 for sure.

I think Gus still gets a shot at Jones if he loses to Rumble, but just gets in line behind him because of the closeness of their first fight. This is why I hope Rumble wins, to have Rumble vs Jones first with Jones vs Gus II still in the cards.

Jones vs winner of Gus/Johnson and have Cormier vs loser of Gus/Johnson. Jones/Rumble and Cormier/Gus are two damn good fights. As would Jones/Gus II and Rumble/Cormier.

Pillow hands? that's why he gets a knockdown in every fight, and failing that makes his opponent bleed from the face like a pig.

You're reaching as always. Any particular reason why?

diggem is actually the worst poster on sherdog. a quick view of his post history shows he's just here to fighter bash (mostly gus, weidman, and mcgregor)

Back