Photos: Rumble Johnson's Latest Preps For Gustaff!!!

That's hardcore grip training in the first pic; dude has some smart S&C coaches behind him.

Kinda sad that this beast - or Gustafson gets eliminated as a title contender. Sure the loser of this fight can win some fights and get to the titleshot again, but then some of the allure will be gone :(

Always wonder about these types of thoughts. I see what you are saying. But at the same time the champ was busy. So we got two choices.

We could see Johnson fight a less awesome fight like against Bader or OSP. Gus would prolly do the same or worse, sit out entirely and wait so we don't get to see him at all.

-OR-

We could see this awesome fight for FREE on FOX and have an even more hyped, worthy, and confident contender for Jones next.

Last edited:
This is really a myth based on some truth in theory you're correct, but it is all dependent on the athlete and his condition & cardio training for a fight.

Yeah it's not nearly as cut and dry as made out. If it was how would lesnar ever made it out of the 1st round? GSP was 190 ripped at 5'10 yet had some of the best cardio in the division etc.

He's a muscle bound monster, but as is the case with Lombard, when you're carrying that much lean mass, conditioning is difficult due to oxygen being needed to supply the muscle at a crazy rate. It's more difficult for more muscular dudes to recover cardiovascularly

Hi Joe Rogan.

Gustafsson will have a couple of tough rounds for sure. AJ is a monster on a mission

What's even crazier is that he chose to resort to LnP against Hardy. I like Hardy, he's a good technical striker, but Johnson could probably KO him on the feet much quicker.

10926404_756217987780059_2720070392372354719_n.jpg

coffey.jpg

That is one scary motherfucker. Gus is the better striker, but if Johnson can connect on him we may be saying bye bye to seeing Gus/Jones 2 anytime soon.

Agreed.. Gus is a very smart fighter, Johnson needs to close the distance and not overthink things.

That's hardcore grip training in the first pic; dude has some smart S&C coaches behind him.

This.

That shit he's doing in that picture is no fucking joke. I'm glad his camp puts grip training on the priority list. A vise grip can and will make a difference in a fight.

Yup, cos going into one of the biggest fights in your career has got certain people wondering whether he's doing enough cardio...

That is one scary motherfucker. Gus is the better striker, but if Johnson can connect on him we may be saying bye bye to seeing Gus/Jones 2 anytime soon.

johnson connected multiple times on glass-chin arlovski and couldn't even ko him

How does he constantly go from "fat" to incredibly ripped with like zero % fat on his body in no time? It's crazy. Then again, I've never seen a picture of him with his gut hanging out, big belly and all that. He always looks fat when he wears a suit because all we see is his size and his face, and he has the face of that effing alien from Super 8.

FIXED....
CooperHD.png

Rumble is a beast, hopefully his cardio will great as well, he will need that.

Back