Photos: Rumble Johnson's Latest Preps For Gustaff!!!

Resistance is futile.

alexander-gustafsson-viking.jpg

Man this guys a beast. I'll be surprised if Gus makes it outta 1st

Me also. I think people are way too over confident in Gus. I really wanted Gus to have the title shot but if he makes it through Rumble then without a doubt he is the number one contender.

Yeah I almost wish they would have been able to go through with Gus/Rashad and do something like Rumble/Bader. Would have opened up the division a bit more, because now if Jones beats the Rumble/Gus winner there isn't really anything left except for fights with Davis, Manuwa, OSP or a useless rematch with someone Jones already dominated. Not really interested in any of those match ups.

Do you want Bader to die?

Hi Joe Rogan.

I know, I swear people just repeat what rogan says, There is some truth to it, but many times it just simply is not the case. Joe thinks everyone who has some muscle will gas hard......

How can you be a mma fan and say things like "I wish these guys werent fighting each other"? Why should it matter if one is eliminated for now from the title shot. It should be about seeing great fights and matchups and this one could be explosive. Also I'm sure the loser will still recover and get back into the title picture. I cant wait to see this fight.

His face in the first pic looks shoop worthy

blah blah blah, 'explosive', blah blah blah...

gonna be a great fight next week....

I think he is a guy who's cardio is fine, when he is dictating how the fight goes. But if another guy starts leading the dance, his tank will start to empty & allow the other fighter to steal rounds or even finish him.

I feel Jones & Lombard are like this, they need to lead. The opposite is Franky Edgar, it doesn't matter how the fight goes, he is going to recover. His corner never freaks out if he loses a round...even 10-8, whereas...Jones if the guy loses a round you can see his corner getting concerned & body language eroding in confidence. Its not always about how muscular someone is, but whether they can handle being out of control.

Fedor was the master at this, very little emotional reaction regardless of what happened. Only time was when Mark Hunt tried to key lock him.

If Gus can control the early rounds that will be a strong statement. Johnson has the abilities to win & he has good coaches.

I wonder how one prepares to get knocked down and finished.

Probably don't have to do much beyond show up to sparring at Blackzilians, to be honest!

Vitor smashed Rumble, people act like he is some unstoppable machine.

Back