Only way Ronda loses to Cyborg is if she want to prove a point...

I would put huuuuuuge money on Tate if she was to ever fight Cyborg!! That would be a crazy fight and I bet Tate wins... I bet Tate drops Cyborg at least once!

No way. I would bet the house on cyborg. Borg would crush.

Objectively speaking, Cyborg has not faced a grappler as good as Ronda, and Ronda has not faced a striker as good as Cyborg. At this point, the fight is a toss up.

Cyborg's chin has been tested, as we saw in the Baars fight. The same cannot be said for Ronda. We have no idea how she will react if Cyborg lands clean. Imo, if Cyborg hurts Ronda, she can finish her. However, if the fight goes to the ground, Cris losses an arm, imo.

You would have to be blinded by fandom/hatred to claim Cyborg does not hit hard. If Bethe fought Cyborg so recklessly, she would have been relived of consciousness in a similar fashion. Her hands are ridiculously slow, and her defense is non existent.

Cyborg should have dropped down to 135 years ago and maybe she would have a punchers chance. It's too late now. Ronda KO's her just to prove a point.

Thats whats ridiculous. Everyone assumes that every women in the world should fight at 135. Can all men make 170? Well they all should be able to right? No. SOme women are bigger then others. Cyborg is skinny and shredded at weigh ins. Not buff like some say but skinny. She has a large bone structure and probably heavy guts. 10 more pounds is a lot to ask and I don't think she should do it. 140 or nothing. She is champ too so why does she have to go down? The right thing to do is meet in the middle but ronda is scared. That right there should explain everything. Ronda knows cyborg is a beast.

Cyborg was coming back in last 2 rounds from what I remeber...Not saying she was dominating, but she was def in the fight...

That was a hell of a fight. Props to Cyborg for hanging in there. Especially after getting dropped 3 times.

You will be shocked and depressed because cyborg would obliterate ronda. So with your logic if some people are saying ronda hits harder then she does? Hmmm. Cyborg hits harder. You must not realize that accuracy equals knockouts. Anderson Silva didn't hit hard at all and did he ever get knockouts?

I won't be depressed because I don't care if Ronda loses. I would be a bit depressed to see Lawler lose at this point, love seeing that guy fight and win. With Ronda I'm not really invested other than to say she is very very good.

And yea, after those rights hit Davis and Bethe they were done. She hits at least as hard as Cyborg does. I don't think it matters though because you and I both know the odds of R3 and Cyborg fighting is slim. Its a very difficult fight to make. Ronda won't go up, Cyborg won't come down.

Reminds me a little of A. Silva vs. GSP.

You did research? For an mma thread? Its not important enough to me to go through all that. All I'm saying is none of this is set in stone because we don't get to put every women in every scenario.

Slow down. You basically called me out and said my claim could not be confirmed. I showed you six cases where women who have lost to Rousey defeated women who have lost to Cyborg. Now you say none of it can be set in stone? Well for sure some of it can be set in stone, that's the point.

We have good reason to think Ronda is fighting better opponents, because her opponents keep beating Cyborg's opponents. Does that mean Rousey defeats Cyborg? Not necessarily.

Objectively speaking, Cyborg has not faced a grappler as good as Ronda, and Ronda has not faced a striker as good as Cyborg. At this point, the fight is a toss up.

Cyborg's chin has been tested, as we saw in the Baars fight. The same cannot be said for Ronda. We have no idea how she will react if Cyborg lands clean. Imo, if Cyborg hurts Ronda, she can finish her. However, if the fight goes to the ground, Cris losses an arm, imo.

You would have to be blinded by fandom/hatred to claim Cyborg does not hit hard. If Bethe fought Cyborg so recklessly, she would have been relived of consciousness in a similar fashion. Her hands are ridiculously slow, and her defense is non existent.

Ronda's chin was tested against McMann. She can take a punch.

Ronda is faster than Cyborg and hits harder. I've never seen Cyborg knock anyone out with a punch so I'm not convinced of how powerful her punches are.

If they are not 'great' where is the proof Cyborg is better? Cyborg doesn't have better wins than Zingano, Tate, Davis, or even Kaufman. She has fewer losses than most of them, but she's also faced fewer opponents on their level (only Coenen).
Where is the proof ronda is better? You can do mma math all day but our only thing to go by really is rondas and cyborgs common opponent. They both beat her fast but cyborg did it more brutally.

I can show you plenty of Rousey's opponents beating Cyborg's opponents. Can you show me where one of Cyborg's opponents beat one of Rousey's?
Coenen has beaten both Kaufman and Carmouche. Baszler has beaten D'Alelio and split a pair with Davis.

Cyborg have a hell of a chin, Baars was literally kicking her face in the ground and she was barely rocked, I think Ronda can drop her and once in the ground she should search for the sub, if they both stand and bang I think the one who gets clean hit will loose

Cyborg's skill is brawling not kickboxing. Having said that, the only area Cyborg will have an advantage over Ronda would be leg kicks.

Ronda has more power.
Ronda is a better boxer.
Ronda is a better brawler.
Ronda is has better takedowns.
Ronda has better submissions.

This is a mismatch of epic proportions. Everyone is going to see it when they fight finally.

Ronda wants to embarrass Cris. That is why she is pushing for 135.

You are a funny mofo. You say things like you know them. Well no matter what you don't know the facts. Unless we did a side by side comparison for power,strength and they actually fought all your facts are not facts they are opinion.

Where is the proof ronda is better? You can do mma math all day but our only thing to go by really is rondas and cyborgs common opponent. They both beat her fast but cyborg did it more brutally.

I was actually comparing Ronda's opponents and Cyborg not Ronda and Cyborg.

Slow down. You basically called me out and said my claim could not be confirmed. I showed you six cases where women who have lost to Rousey defeated women who have lost to Cyborg. Now you say none of it can be set in stone? Well for sure some of it can be set in stone, that's the point.

We have good reason to think Ronda is fighting better opponents, because her opponents keep beating Cyborg's opponents. Does that mean Rousey defeats Cyborg? Not necessarily.

There you go.

I've been in this thread way too long and got shit to do but right on for having a decent conversation and not douching out.

She'd KO Cyborg! Cyborg has looked like shit... How old is Cyborg and when do women start the downslope? She might be over the hill? I mean Baars beat the shit out of her and since she's looked more breakable.

wtf is this? im no cyborg fan but that is beyond silly.

J Baars is 37 and fucking 0 in kickboxing, beat Cyborg 3 rounds to 2 in Cyborgs first kickboxing match. Hang your head man seriously.

Thats whats ridiculous. Everyone assumes that every women in the world should fight at 135. Can all men make 170? Well they all should be able to right? No. SOme women are bigger then others. Cyborg is skinny and shredded at weigh ins. Not buff like some say but skinny. She has a large bone structure and probably heavy guts. 10 more pounds is a lot to ask and I don't think she should do it. 140 or nothing. She is champ too so why does she have to go down? The right thing to do is meet in the middle but ronda is scared. That right there should explain everything. Ronda knows cyborg is a beast.

Cyborg started out at 135 in mma. She's only 1 inch taller than Ronda. She can make 135 if she wants to. The muscle mass she carries is not natural. She has to maintain it on a daily basis through lifting weights and high caloric intake.

Don't try to argue against what I said. It's basic human physiology that muscle will atrophy if it's not used.

Will she be weaker at 135 lbs. Yes. Will she be healthy? Yes. Will she have to rely on her skills to win and not just out-muscling someone smaller. Yes

If she goes in the octagon with the idea of "proving a point" (like Jones did with Chael or Texeira) and doesn't change gameplan during the match she will ge KTFO.

That's the only way she loses.
If she just commits in one single clinch she's going submit Cyborg on the first attemp.
Cristiane was getting mounted by carano (at 145!) for fuck's sake.

As absurd as it may look Miesha has the best chanche. Still less than 10%, but better than zero.

Regards,

I dont know why people have the impression she will just take Cyborg down so easily and then sub her right away?? She's far from being a amateur on the ground. BTW, you're talking about a fight with Gina from 2009, ever hear of fighter improving?? You dont think Cyborg has trained any grappling in that time?

Ronda's chin was tested against McMann. She can take a punch.

Ronda is faster than Cyborg and hits harder. I've never seen Cyborg knock anyone out with a punch so I'm not convinced of how powerful her punches are.

McMann is a wrestler, hardly proof. Most of Cyborg's opponents cover up for dear life after getting hit clean. Bethe bit down on her mouth piece and decided to trade. If she did that with Cris she would have gone to sleep.

Coenen has beaten both Kaufman and Carmouche. Baszler has beaten D'Alelio and split a pair with Davis.

Nice. I like Coenen, and I think she is Cyborg's best win (x2). It is also worth noting that Baszler had declined noticeably when Bethe beat her. Still, Ronda's opponents have the advantage.

I think it is very reasonable to say that if Cyborg were to beat Tate, Tate would be Cyborg's best win.

She's only 1 inch taller than Ronda.

Slight nitpick - Ronda is 5'6 not 5'7. Everyone who has been following her for a long time knows this. Or just look at her face to face with Da Cupcake who's 5'6 1/2.

Back